The New LC Usage-Based Threat List [PLEASE CONTRIBUTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a ready-reference for that. Unless mons "written" and "reserved", you can choice what you like best. Thanks in advance.
Thank you. I'll reserve slowwwwwwwpoke.
EDIT- Ok, here goes nothing.

Slowpoke

Base stats: 90 HP/65 Atk/65 Def/40 Spatk/40Spdef/15 Speed
Abilities: Oblivious/Own tempo/Regenerator(the only one worth using)
Roles: Physical wall/Trick Room setter/pivot

As slow and lazy as this thing is, its appearance is only one part of it. Slowpoke is a great LC wall with key useful fighting, water, psychic, fire and ice resists, which are pretty common in LC. Its ability Regenerator coupled with slack off gives it reliable recovery and it has great physical bulk further boosted by eviolite which helps it wall all fighting types bar scraggy(yes, it can even check timburr with payback), fire types like darumaka and ponyta, drilbur and many more. Scald further improves on that, with random burn hax deterring any physical attacker from switching in. This makes it a great defensive pivot for many teams. Also the residual damage is awesome in LC where there are no lefties. Its special defense is average, though. Overall, slowpoke is an amazingly underrated tank that should be used more.
But that's not it. It can go beyond giving mienfoo and ponyta nightmares(can easily live a wild charge). It acts as a great trick room setters for things like cubone and azurill to wreck things, though TR isn't considered much of a viable strategy in LC. Nevertheless, slowpoke manages to stand out from the sea of bulky water types as the physical bulky water type.
Please tell me how that was <3
EDIT- Someone please rate this?

Last edited:
Reserving Cranidos

Cranidos
Base Stats: 67 HP / 125 Atk / 40 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD /58 Spe
Abilities: Sheer Force/Mold Breaker

Role(s): Physical Sweeper, Wall Breaker

Take a quick look at Cranidos’ stats, and you’ll immediately realise how dangerous this monster is. Sporting an amazing 125 attack (For comparison, Murkrow has 85 attack), Cranidos can rip teams apart with STAB Head Smash and Stone Edge. Most Cranidos carry a Choice Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and sweep.

Unfortunately, the sky isn’t always blue for this dino. Firstly, priority is common, and if Cranidos is holding a Choice Scarf, it only makes it weaker to moves like Mach Punch or Aqua Jet. Secondly, Cranidos’ viability is hampered by the extremely common fighting-types that resist its STABs. For example, Mienfoo is capable of living a Zen Headbutt, and can OHKO back with Drain Punch.

Overall, Cranidos has its pros and cons, but if given the right support it can annihilate teams.

Last edited:
Just gonna say I had already done Dwebble, and I just remembered about this thread, going to try to get Drifloon done now.
This was made a month ago and you reserved it in april. Can I do it(after I get the rate for my first one)?

EDIT- Cxinlee......
Take a quick look at Cranidos’ stats, and you’ll immediately realise how dangerous this monster is. Sporting an amazing 125 attack (For comparison, Murkrow has 85 attack), Cranidos can rip teams apart with STAB Head Smash and Stone Edge, with the latter given a 1.3x boost with Sheer Force. Most Cranidos carry a Choice Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and sweep.
Sheer force does not boost stone edge. http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/sheer_force -_- Also dcae, can I have drifloon ^_^?

Last edited:
Reserving pony >:3

Having great Speed and Attack while having decent bulk makes Ponyta something to watch out for. It has good coverage between STAB Flare Blitz, Wild Charge and Return and it has access to Flame Charge; Add a Life Orb and a potential Flash Fire boost to that and you have something that is incredibly hard to wall. But due to Life Orb, Flare Blitz and Wild Charge recoil it will wear itself down pretty fast. However, Ponyta is known to be one of the greatest Pivots in LC due to it's great overall stats. With an Eviolite and it's access to Morning Sun it is quite hard to take out, while still hitting hard and having great speed. It also has Flame Body to burn unsuspecting physical attackers like Mienfoo. It can run a Sunny Day set to great success due to Flare Blitz hitting harder, healing more with Morning Sun, potentially ruining Sand teams, and hitting her usual checks (e.g. Chinchou, Ground types) with Solarbeam.

Please point out if you see any mistakes or weird sentence orders. My grammar is horrid.
Just thought about this thread and edited Ponyta. I think it's finished exept maybe some grammar mistakes.

OK now second one incoming!!! Lazy peeps forgot to do missy.

Misdreavus

Base stats: 60 HP/ 60 Atk/ 60 Def/ 85 SpAtk/ 85 SpDef/ 85 Spe
Abilities: Levitate
Roles: Spinblocker, tank, sweeper, stallbreaker(taunt? idk someone help me)

The queen of LC has come for another round of LC. After being unbanned, in the new meta that is B/W, this floating ghost has knocked over mienfoo as the most used pokemon in the tier. Good defensive stats and a nice 85 special attack only help its case. Meanwhile its 85 base speed equates to 19 speed in LC, a coveted tier for tying with top tier threats like murkrow. Misdreavus gains access to moves such as will-o-wisp, taunt and pain split allowing it to become a good spinblocker for the everpresent stealth rock as well as spikes and toxic spikes. It can also go on the offensive with moves like substitute, nasty plot, calm mind and STAB shadow ball having perfect coverage with hidden power fighting, the coverage move of choice. Thunderbolt is also a powerful attacking option for misdreavus to wreak havoc on vullaby and murkrow on the switch as well as being a good attacking move in general. Popular sets include subNP, NP along with the aforementioned taunt and defensive sets. Sets such as subCM are rarer in LC, though still very effective. Its ability, levitate, makes it a good drilbur check(though mold breaker variants are hard to deal with without will-o-wisp and +2 shadow claw from sand rush variants hurts)as well as giving an immunity to spikes. It can take on common pokemon such as the everpresent mienfoo, abra, drilbur, sandshrew(though rarer than the aforementioned pokemon), hippopotas, snover and so on. It has very few absolute counters and is a pretty destructive force in LC.
While definitely one of the best pokemon, it has its flaws. Its speed, while good, falls short of 20, the best speed tier in LC. It also is basically stacking up a murkrow weakness. However, this thing is the queen of LC for a reason and it's a top tier threat.

I'd love to do more analyses as well, please edit if you feel something should be different! :)

Last edited:
OK now second one incoming!!! Lazy peeps forgot to do missy.

Misdreavus

Base stats: 60 HP/ 60 Atk/ 60 Def/ 85 SpAtk/ 85 SpDef/ 85 Spe
Abilities: Levitate
Roles: Spinblocker, tank, sweeper, stallbreaker(taunt? idk someone help me)

The queen of LC has come for another round of LC. After being unbanned in B/W, this floating ghost is the most used pokemon in the tier. Good defensive stats and a nice 85 special attack only help its case. Meanwhile its 85 base speed equates to 19 speed in LC, a coveted tier for tying with top tier threats like murkrow. Misdreavus gains access to moves such as will-o-wisp, taunt and pain split allowing it to become a good spinblocker for the everpresent stealth rock as well as spikes and toxic spikes. It can also go on the offensive with moves like substitute, nasty plot, calm mind and STAB shadow ball having perfect coverage with hidden power fighting, the coverage move of choice. Popular sets include subNP, NP along with the aforementioned taunt and defensive sets. Sets such as subCM are rarer in LC, though still very effective. Its ability, levitate, makes it a good drilbur check as well as giving an immunity to spikes. It can take on common pokemon such as the everpresent mienfoo, abra, drilbur, sandshrew(though rarer than the aforementioned pokemon), hippopotas, snover and so on. It has very few absolute counters and is a pretty destructive force in LC.
While definitely one of the best pokemon, it has its flaws. Its speed, while good, falls short of 20, the best speed tier in LC. It also is basically stacking up a murkrow weakness. However, this thing is the queen of LC for a reason and it's a top tier threat.

I'd love to do more analyses as well, please edit if you feel something should be different! :)
I guess i can a bit.

I notice that you don't mention Thunderbolt at all which is imo the better move (its all preference on this>hp fighting though). And it only wins vs Mold breaker Drilbur 1v1 if it's at 100% health and it can't switch in on Mold Breaker Earthquake. And it wasn't ALWAYS the #1 pokemon in the tier (mienfoo was for a long time). Vs abra you have to rely on speed ties to win 1v1 and they cant switch in on each others moves at all.

I haven't used slowpoke without it being a total failure but i'll guess i'll take a shot at it.

Hmmm, looks nice as far as i can tell. I'm not sure if you should mention TR though, since it's a non existing strategy that is not THAT viable due to all priority runnin' round.

I also edited my Ponyta to fit the format which i totally forgot.

I guess i can a bit.

I notice that you don't mention Thunderbolt at all which is imo the better move (its all preference on this>hp fighting though). And it only wins vs Mold breaker Drilbur 1v1 if it's at 100% health and it can't switch in on Mold Breaker Earthquake. And it wasn't ALWAYS the #1 pokemon in the tier (mienfoo was for a long time). Vs abra you have to rely on speed ties to win 1v1 and they cant switch in on each others moves at all.

I haven't used slowpoke without it being a total failure but i'll guess i'll take a shot at it.

Hmmm, looks nice as far as i can tell. I'm not sure if you should mention TR though, since it's a non existing strategy that is not THAT viable due to all priority runnin' round.

I also edited my Ponyta to fit the format which i totally forgot.
Yeah, time to edit this shit ty

Reserving croagunk :)
Croagunk

Base stats: 48 HP / 61 Atk / 40 Def / 61 SpAtk / 40 SpDef / 50 Spe
Abilities: Anticipation/Dry skin/Poison touch
Roles: Utility check, revenge killer, setup sweeper
Croagunk is one of the pokemon in LC that doesn't have great offensive or defensive presence; it combines the two to become an interesting pokemon in the LC tier.
It is renowned as one of the best fighting checks in the tier, courtesy of its poison/fighting typing and also acts as a revenge killer to many threatening pokemon such as DD scraggy(without zen headbutt), SS omanyte, SS tirtouga and SS clamperl. This is both due to its magnificent typing and the ability dry skin, essentially an immunity to water, as well as double priority in fake out and vacuum wave.
Writing the rest later.

Last edited:
Tirtouga (draft?) is online. I think I could be useful but it's not so much. I'm sorry about it, I leave this work to the experts. Good job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)