The NEW Platinum Glitch Field Research Thread

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone tested this with Perish Song? I'm curious what it could do.

EDIT:

I misread that post saying they haven't tested it yet.

Heal Bell and Aromatherapy affect both sides but probably won't work. The partial trapping moves (Wrap, etc.) rely on both sides and are end of turn effects. Attract depends on both of you but probably wouldn't work. For some reason, Uproar working makes me think of Bide. How about Block/Spider Web/Imprison? Full trapping moves (Mean Look, etc.) are even a concern.

Of all those I just listed, the partial trapping moves are the only ones I see as plausible.

Block/Spider Web/Mean Look all fall under the same category: Full Trapping. Those only affect the opponent. Imprison only affects the enemy, you can still use the move. The pattern I'm seeing here is things that are tested for duration at the end of the turn AND affect the entire field. That disqualifies Heal Bell/Aromatherapy, and Attract. Wrap/Clamp/Bind/Fire Spin might have something to them, but again, they basically only affect the opponent after execution, and you can't Pursuit a trapped enemy in any case.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is no way for fog to be present other than as a result of this glitch, so you cannot use Pursuit on a fleeing pokemon "when fog is present" in any relevant situation.

I'm interested about Dry Skin & a few others things because:

Ice Body: Heals the Pokemon when HP is not at full; hurts when HP is at full.
Rain Dish: Unsure, but probably the same thing as Ice Body.
1) Dry Skin: ??? (Because it hurts OR heals during certain weathers.)

2) What about a HACKED Pokemon with No Ability?

3) Also, since Trick Room activates the glitch when Pursuited, what about when Trick Room ends? What if it's used AGAIN? What if Pursuit is used again and KO another Fleeing Pokemon OUTSIDE of Trick Room, say if the first time Trick Room was used to set it up... What if it's used again in ANOTHER Trick Room? What if Trick Room is used during the Trick Room after the glitch is in effect, and the Trick Room removes the Trick Room?

4) Here's another Interesting one: What if Castform / Cherrim are sent out, but immediately killed by Spikes/Stealth Rock? Will they still go on infinite form-changing loops?

5) What about sending a Weather Pokemon (Kyogre, Groudon, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Snover, Hippopotas) out after the Pursuit, as they will activate Weather with their ability first?

Lucky chant does nothing
If trickroom is used during acid trick room the trickroom part of it disapears but everything else is still pernament.
Edit: Pursuiting and killing a switching pokemon Does nothing after the glitch is activated once trick room has worn off.

Is there a way to find out if the IDs or something of these "weather" changes follow some kind of pattern? For example, Rain=1, Sandstorm=2, Sun=3, and so on. It would explain how there's some sort of priority and how using a field-changing move with a higher priority calls all the lower-priority ones.
If so, then we'd be able to see if there's anything after Trick Room.

Did we try haze?
To try haze, you'd need a 2vs2 battle, one using haze that turn, one switching out and dying to pursuit. But thats a global move too, as it effects all in play.

Did anyone try Defogging the weather?
Or weatherball in the omni-weather?

*edit* I think this has something to do, with move priority.
Considering pursuit happens before anything else, I believe that what triggers the glitch. So what happens if you pursuit KO something, once all or some of the effects are in place. Example if pursuiting in SS causes rain, and then SS dies out, what happens if you pursuit KO something again in just the acid rain? Will it knock out all weather effects? Because there are no global conditions below rain. Or wrap around and introduce all of them?

What happens if you do something else that happens before switching the same turn as a poke is KOed by pursuit, like throwing a pokeball or using an item in game?

The 198, most of your questions are already answered in this thread
By the way, has anyone noticed how the priority order goes from the latest effect to the newest? That means that if there is anything above Trick Room, it's found in 4th gen

I guess that the D/P battle system code is based on the R/S/E/FR/LG code (imagine having to code it from scratch), so it would make sense to add the new effects after the old ones. Even if it is just for compatibility reasons, as with the moves (the order that the moves are coded into the game has never changed; new moves are always just added to the end).

Just tested Weather Ball. It's Ice type under quintuple weather. Couldn't get a video this time, though

EDIT: Quintuple weather cannot be stopped by restoring the twisted dimensions or by twisting them again. Haven't tried with any weather Ability, but I don't think it would work. Every effect but Trick Room is infinite, Trick Room lasts the usual 5 turns. Also, Synthesis recovers 66%. Here is the number: 93-86274-60822

Test the following field effects: Mist, Heal Block, Lucky Chant.
Mist, along with Safeguard, only affects your side. Heal Block only affects the enemy, thus, all three are disqualified. Lucky Chant, I'm not too familiar with. It might be worth a shot, especially considering it's 4th gen.

not sure if this has been mentioned, but while at the battle factory i noticed that trick room wasnt working when rain was in effect.

EDIT: nvm, i guess its already been mentioned somewhat

What about a HACKED Pokemon with No Ability?
It will display "[Pokemon name] was hurt by its -!"
No Ability is displayed as "-" (a single dash) in the game.

(Wrong, ignore this-->) Also, note that the Pokemon is always hurt by its second ability. (<--Wrong, ignore this)

It will display "[Pokemon name] was hurt by its -!"
No Ability is displayed as "-" (a single dash) in the game.

Also, note that the Pokemon is always hurt by its second ability.
Notice that Forretress also displays "Forretress was hurt by its -!" since it has no second ability.
(This also means sending out a Clefable with Cute Charm will humorously display "Clefable was hurt by its Magic Guard!")
Wrong. Pokemon can be hurt by any ability they have at the time.

Ok, first off, I'd like to say "Woah." Having dial up I could never see the weather, but after activating it, it's not near as nasty I thought it'd be. Since everyone seems to be focusing on "what else sets this off," I decided to answer some questions in the OP. Here's some results on Sandstorm activation:

-Sand Veil grants immuntity to both weathers. Sand Veil is in effect. I'm going to assume it's the same 20% increase (I don't see why it would be different).​
-Dry Skin works when you're not at full health, but fails (and weather hurts you) when you're full health. So if you're hurt, you'll heal and then be hurt (assuming you go back to full health), but if you're at full health, you'll lose and then regain. I'm guessing this is similar to what Ice Body does?​
-Hydration does work. If it activates, you are immune to damage from that weather. Still hurt by the weather that follows though.​
-Weather Ball has Rock Typing. Used vs. Kecleon twice, and coincidentally enough he became immune to the weather too​
-Castform does NOT glitch in this weather. It is water-based.​
Need to do more testing with Thunder's accuracy. Don't have a Rain Dish Pokemon on me or Cherrim. I guess I'll try Solarbeam (no guarentee that I'll find it's power).

EDIT: If this stuff is already known, update the OP or make another post saying what DOES need tested ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)