Project The Next Best Thing (Uxie Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Giga Drain
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Taunt

252 SpA Life Orb Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 228 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 250-296 (65.7 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
BROKEN

Raseri and I were talking one day about a bulky Viriz set. He immediately noticed that Virizion had a great support movepool so we figured a sp. def set could work the best as it just chews hits. Another example of this mons bulk is that a modest Samurott's ice beam fails to 2 hit ko. This set pairs very well with hazard stack as it can shuffle your opponents team around with roar. The speed is there to outpace lead barbaracle by one point and prevent it from getting up rocks. Lastly giga drain is there simply for reliable STAB and synthesis is there to obviously heal yourself reliably.
And what exactly is Virizion going to do back to Pyroar? I was thinking about doing a specially defensive set but then I looked at the tier and realized that the only relevant special attacker that Virizion does well against is Water-types and Lilligant and Cacturne as most other Grass-types have dual typing to damage Virizion (and Electric-types, but tbh a lot of them are going to be Volt Switching out anyways or have dual typing to hit hard anyways). All the other common special attackers all do Super Effective damage against Virizion, Psychic / Flying / Poison / Ice / Fire.

I'm really wondering why you wouldn't just choose a different special wall seeing as how small the pool of specially based Pokemon is that Virizion stops and can actually do something against.

Edit: also the point of this thread is to create discussion on the sets and the current subject, so no salty responses pls :^)

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I think Cased used something similar (or maybe it was SubPunch, idr) in BW2 at some point, but I've never seen anything like this in ORAS, so figured I'd post it.

(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Disable

Essentially, this set deals with various pokemon who normally can be irksome to Kanga's attacker set. Some examples being mono-attacking physically defensive CM mons (some variants of Musharna, Mega Audino, and I guess CroUxie), Garbodor lacking Drain Punch (disable Gunk Shot and Seed Bomb can't break sub), and any pokemon with only 1 move to hit Kanga/only 1 move capable of breaking its sub. From my knowledge, this works best with Toxic Spikes (or even normal spikes as it does force some switches) support as they can effectively wear down opposing teams while Kanga goes on with its SubDisable and periodically attacking shenanigans.

The spread is just to maximize speed and damage output, but if you'd like to run a bulkier spread for certain reasons, that's viable, too. Leftovers for recovery although if you want to run Silk Scarf or something else, it can work given that it's within reason. Substitute and Disable are for the niche of eliminating a key move of the opponent and keeping Kangaskahn safe from unnecessary damage and status while the choice of STAB depends on what you deem more valuable - Double Edge or Return. In the last slot, I have Earthquake to hit opposing Garbodor, Mawile, Rhydon, Carracosta, Klinklang, etc, but it can be changed. If you want to go a bit more gimmicky here, some alternative options over Earthquake are Endeavor (would advise not using Leftovers with this), Focus Punch (not nearly as good as it was when Mega-Steelix was allowed), Toxic, Yawn (if you're not using T Spikes support), or even Sucker Punch.

Some potential partners for this could be Garbodor, as it supports Kanga with the aforementioned Toxic Spikes (or Spikes) support, or just about any strong physical attacker or sweeper which appreciates specific moves disabled from physical walls that typically come in on Kanga.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Figured I should post a set I've been using on and off for fun for like the past year, I've had some success with it too.

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Facade
- Power-Up Punch

Wish Kangaskhan is really cool with Toxic Spikes support because you can stall out quite a bit of bulky shit, the EVs are just the standard AV spread because I'm lazy. Facade is so that you're not totally useless if you get burned by Weezing and its nice for Effect Sport poisons from Vileplume. Power-Up Punch gives you the opportunity to sweep against bulkier teams.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Haven't seen this set being used, but it is pretty fun to use.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Return
- Earthquake

Pretty much a SubEndeavor Kangskhan that allows it to get by most of its Switch-Ins, commonly Vileplume or Weezing. Just Sub up on the switch, then keep on hitting it till you reach Salac Range, and start endeavoring or attacking. The great thing is, with Scrappy it is able to kit the ghosts types that would otherwise be able to switch in for free. The Salac Berry allows it to outspeed common scarfers like Rotom.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Disable
This set is pretty much a silly way to check wil o wisp ghost types like rotom or migmagius. Since they cant burn you (they can but you heal it off) so your double edge is full power. With this set you don't get your sucker punches dodged by status mons since your mainly going for fake out and double edge, sucker punch is just there for priority i guess.
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom: 216-255 (89.2 - 105.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, just to back up the previous statement. The last move disable is there just because it can stop stuff like walls that only have 1 attack or maybe a weezing getting a second wil o on your kangas. Disable can probably be slashed for something else but ive had alot of success with it

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
<atomicllamas> !learn kangaskhan, wish
<TIBot_> Kangaskhan can learn Wish, only when obtained from:
<TIBot_> Gen 3 event: 0 kangaskhan

Wish Kangaskhan is not legal with Scrappy, since Wish is a 3rd generation event move and Scrappy is a 4th generation Ability, this exact thing happened in gen 5's NBT thread, lol.

Finc2612's set gets my vote, seen it used in SPL5 and it was p cool

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
<atomicllamas> !learn kangaskhan, wish
<TIBot_> Kangaskhan can learn Wish, only when obtained from:
<TIBot_> Gen 3 event: 0 kangaskhan

Wish Kangaskhan is not legal with Scrappy, since Wish is a 3rd generation event move and Scrappy is a 4th generation Ability, this exact thing happened in gen 5's NBT thread, lol.

Finc2612's set gets my vote, seen it used in SPL5 and it was p cool
Ability Capsule is a thing: it can allow your Wish Early Bird Kangaskhan to change its ability to Scrappy, which is not a hidden ability.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ability Capsule is a thing: it can allow your Wish Early Bird Kangaskhan to change its ability to Scrappy, which is not a hidden ability.
my boy marilli got my back. its not like I would post a set If I hadn't actually used it before :[

Vote for snaggle-tooth.

Lum berry seems like a good idea. Burns shut down kanga pretty hard. Also, Disable seems unexpected and the right prediction can make a rotom/weezing/whatever a lot less useful.

Personally I might drop fake out for drain punch or something else, but overall I like the set. Nice one, snuggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)