The Next Best Thing... (on hiatus)

Reserving scarf set. I'll edit this post with the actual set when I make it.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power / Fire Blast / Heat Wave
- Earth Power / Fire Blast / Flash Cannon / Heat Wave

This set is really simple. Maximize special attack for power, EV it to out speed Landorous-T by one, and dump the rest into HP. The first two moves are really self explanatory. They are the powerful STABs. The last two spots are up to your team. Earth power is almost always needed to kill Heatran and 2HKO Terrekion. flash cannon can 2HKO mega Gardevoir if you catch it on the switch, fire blast can kill breloom and Bisharp and Scizor and other powerful threats, and heat wave is there for spread which can be useful, especially if you have sun support. As I said, the set is simple but unexpected and can really catch your opponents off guard.
Edit Nollan : that is an option too, but then you'd need to split the EVs, and Hydreigon isn't that powerful, so it may not be the best option IMO.

Last edited:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 60 SpA / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Twave Hydreigon is an immensely useful set, and I have never seen it used before by anyone other than me. Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are chosen because they are Hydreigon's best STAB moves, and Protect is essential to this set (and in doubles in general). The HP EVs give Hydreigon the highest Leftovers number. The defense investment combined with the HP lets Hydreigon live 2 Brave Birds from Life Orb Talonflame providing you get 2 turns of Leftovers recovery (usually, it goes Twave it after Brave Bird, Protect, and then kill with Draco Meteor/Dark Pulse depending on who it targets with Brave Bird [the special attack investment OHKOs Talonflame after recoil and Life Orb damage], or your partner can take care of it). The speed is for outspeeding the jolly Breloom/Bisharp speed tier, and the special attack lets you OHKO 0HP Kyurem-B 94% of the time, along with other things. This amazing defensive typing + the EVs allows you to be a twave-spreading nuisance, deal some damage, and have lots of time on the field.

Reserving scarf set. I'll edit this post with the actual set when I make it.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power / Fire Blast / Heat Wave
- Earth Power / Fire Blast / Flash Cannon / Heat Wave
quick note that U-turn is a solid option here as well because its U-turn :]

I like benja's set because of it's unpredictability, but I feel it's outclassed by Garados. Nollan's is the best IMO because it is more powerful and faster (I think) than the standard kube set and is also very unpredictable.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Imprison
- Protect

Screw Protect. Taking away EQ and one of the Rock moves is nice too. It's the pretty standard bulky set (lol who doesn't use Scarf anyway...) but with Imprison over either U-turn or Knock Off.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Imprison
- Protect

Screw Protect. Taking away EQ and one of the Rock moves is nice too. It's the pretty standard bulky set (lol who doesn't use Scarf anyway...) but with Imprison over either U-turn or Knock Off.
Lol nice, Kyle won't be mad at all :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)