The Next Best Thing... (on hiatus)

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GTG FAST

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- Protect

Mega Scizor utilizing TWind which is more of a team support option than a big boost to Scizor. 68 Speed EVs beat Mega Manectric which is the fastest thing out there that's gonna be OHKOing you. Decided to keep burrito punch since the priority is pretty useful and it still does hefty damage thanks to Technician, Iron Head can be used though.

I dunno why I haven't won this thing yet (see my Thundurus and Latios submissions) but here's a hella cool entry, Bulky SD (Rain) Scizor! I know that everyone runs Bug Bite with this guy when they wanna get their SD on, but simply put, I ain't about that life. I decided to use a lot more bulk than most mega scizors because I find that when I use Mega Scizor on rain teams, there is a lot of defensive pressure put on this guy (especially because he only has one weakness). Knock Off > Bug Bite for this set because it lets Scizor deal huge damage to any Pokemon that want to switch into it that resist both of its STAB attacks (Aegislash and Heatran come to mind).
The Special Defense and HP EVs let you set up on Aegislash and 72+ Atk is just enough OHKO it with +2 Knock Off. The Defensive investment is mostly in place just to round off your bulk, but you just happen to survive an LO Flare Blitz from Talonflame in the rain so if you can get an SD up before it comes in you can beat it 1v1. goddam scizor. You can set up on Earthquake users like Landorus T and Garchomp, both of which fail to 2HKO you.
Make sure the rain is up, and you can survive heat waves from modest Heatran and even Charizard Y (if that ever happens but I doubt it, it's just kinda cool). You can knock off Heatrans Item, and do some heavy damage if you're lucky enough to have an SD

Click Me (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 84 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect / Roost

Vs Aegisslash
+2 76+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 324-382 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 144-171 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Vs Talonflame (rain)
+2 72+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 304-358 (102 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Scizor in Rain: 281-333 (81.9 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs (Charizard Y) rain
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor in Rain: 268-316 (78.1 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs (Heatran) rain
252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor in Rain: 228-268 (66.4 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Ummm, well I left this open for a little bit and no one really posted....
That's mainly my fault for picking a mon with very few other options, though :x
I guess I just don't want to be picking the same Prankster mons every week, lol.

Regardless, the winner for this week is BLOOD TOTEM. Congrats!

Our next suspect is...

Klefki

Happy Posting!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Klefki is very limited unless you want to go offensive.

Klefki @ Heat Rock / Damp Rock / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 94 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sunny Day / Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Protect / Hidden Power Ground
- Foul Play

This set is basically a weather support set, simple as that. Ev's (taken from qc thread) are to survive an adamant lando-t eq. There isnt much to say really, thunder wave is there to stop threats or sweepers whilst foul play is its best way of doing damage. Protect is there to scout whilst you could use hidden power ground to not be bait for Heatran as it is the only move that can break heatrans sub.

Klefki is a one trick horse and most sets will only deviate slightly from standard.

Last edited:
This is my take on a Utility/Offensive Klefki set, inspired in part by Lee Watson's VGC UK Nationals Top 16 Klefki, with some changes to better suit Doubles.

Click Me (Klefki) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Atk / 76 Def / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Safeguard
- Light Screen

The Defensive investment survives an adamant Landorus-T Earthquake (and by extension Garchomps). I changed Foul Play from the original set to Play Rough with enough physical attack investment to 2HKO Garchomp (so predict the switching!). You also happen to always break 252 HP Kyurem B subs from -1 Atk which is nifty. I put 8 speed to creep other Klefkis and get a Thunder Wave off first, with the remaining 148 in special defence. Lee's set had a Rocky Helmet Klefki but there is no way in hell I'm putting that, so I gave Klefki an occa berry to survive a Banded Flare Blitz from Talonflame and a Heat Wave from Charizard Y (Overheat as well, if you put up Lightscreen).
Basically there is no way you're OHKOing this Klefki so if you need Safeguard, Light Screen, or Paralysis you are going to get it.

Offensive Calcs
44 Atk Klefki Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 180-212 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 44 Atk Klefki Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 116-138 (25.5 - 30.3%) -- 0.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensive Calcs
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 76+ Def Klefki: 264-312 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 232 HP / 76+ Def Occa Berry Klefki: 213-252 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 232 HP / 148 SpD Occa Berry Klefki in Sun: 213-252 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 232 HP / 148 SpD Occa Berry Klefki in Sun through Light Screen: 257-303 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
I know voting just opened, so if it's too late I'll delete my post.

Klefki @ Occa Berry/Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Imprison
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute/Return/Thunder Wave/Light Screen

Imprison Klefki is amazing. One move can lock your opponent out of Protect, Hidden Power and more, and it has +1 priority. Protect is mandatory because it's the best move to Imprison. Hidden Power Ice is great because it locks your opponent out of all Hidden Power types, and it 2HKOs Lando-T. HP Ground is ok too because it slams the Tran. The last move is entirely based on what you want to hurt. Hate SubTran? No problem. Hate Kang? No problem. Hate Thundy? don't even worry about it. All in all, it's a fantastic way to get around problem mons and force switches.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
KyleCole. His set achieves what a normal Klefki set can do, but has the surprise value in having an offensive presence against Pokemon weak to Play Rough. He's also put work into his EV spread.

I'm not a fan of Imprison Klefki. It does nothing outside of Imprison, so once it sets up Imprison it just sits there. Does it really matter if you've Imprisoned Protect etc if you essentially only have one Pokemon on the field to take advantage of it?

Last edited:
KyleCole. His set achieves what a normal Klefki set can do, but has the surprise value in having an offensive presence against Pokemon weak to Play Rough. He's also put work into his EV spread.
^

Dazzling Gleam > Play Rough would've been nice (<3 Dazzling Gleam), but KyleCole's set it imo the best choice nonetheless

PS-
Kale on Showdown said:
Proof that these votes are not biased whatsoever ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)