The Next Best Thing... (on hiatus)

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jirachi @ Metal Coat
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ground
- Protect

EVed to outrun any +speed 70s (or neutral base 80). EVs also live a Fake Out + Sucker Punch combo from MKanga or just a straight Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile. rough 50/50 on surviving Bisharp's LO Sucker.

Below are some examples of how strong Jirachi actually can be with this insane 140 BP attack (effective 252 Base Power with the stab and item included) THAT DOESN'T GAF ABOUT PROTECT. It also doesn't announce which mon it's targetting when it's used so it can cause a lot of tilt and ease your predictions.

Of course, yeah, it sucks if they correctly swap in a Rotom-W or Heatran on it, but that's what you have teammates for. It's also super unexpected from Jirachi, who is ALWAYS a supporter in dubs.

252+ SpA Metal Coat Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 303-357 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Metal Coat Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 402-474 (116.5 - 137.3%)
252+ SpA Metal Coat Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 336-396 (98.2 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Metal Coat Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 228 HP / 28 SpD Kyurem-B: 530-626 (118.3 - 139.7%)
252+ SpA Metal Coat Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 248 HP / 68+ SpD Togekiss: 380-450 (101.8 - 120.6%)

Also this one is kinda nice imo. 252+ SpA Jirachi Psychic vs. 252 HP / 72+ SpD Amoonguss: 270-320 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus

Last edited:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect

The goal is a late game sweep. Use Ttar's giant natural bulk to tank a super-effective hit, set up DD, then go to town. It should survive most super-effective attacks that aren't Fighting-type attack.

The moves and EVs are very straightforward.

Strong teammates are necessary to help Tyranitar set up. Your standard Fake Out, Follow Me, and Rage Powder work well. Intimidate and dual screens really shine with Tyranitar, as they let Ttar set up on more attacks and remain more healthy after activating Weakness Policy.

It was featured in the Nollan vs Blood Totem create a team challenge on Nollan's team and was the prime reason for his victory.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Protect
- Counter
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

This is a set i came up with to help excadril (a common partner) do its job. It is fairly simple, ice beam is there to ko landorus (surprising amount try to stay in and superpower/rocks) or salamence whilst Stone is there to hit rotom-w for about half damage (after sitrus + sand) as well as its main stab. Ttar may get burned in the process but it hits rotom hard enough to a point where team mates can it finish off. Lastly, sash + counter is there to destroy hitmontop/scrafty or other strong physical attackers that may cause exca trouble. It is hard to pull both jobs off in one game but if you do exca can easily sweep. (i have tried sash counter before and it does get surprise kills)

Im not saying this is the best set but it could work (most of ttars good sets are on the analysis)

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pretty much only thing I can think of:

Aromatisse @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Misty Terrain
- Protect

Basically, Aromatisse is a TR setter that can actually underspeed all opposing Amoonguss and therefore protect the whole team (well, grounded mons at least) from being crushed by Spore with Misty Terrain. Aside from that, everything is standard from the analysis.

Aromatisse @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Disable
- Protect

Here's a rather unique Aromatisse, that makes trying to damage your team a headache for the opponent, and handles sleep spam through Disable.

The Def EVs guarantee you can switch into Adamant Kanga's Fake Out, before tanking the subsequent Return. After TR is up, you can disable her Return too. It's pretty useful, as many teams will be hurling their most powerful attacks at the TR setter constantly, so Disable catches them off guard and neuters them. Under TR, a combo of your Protect and a really fast Disable can cockblock stuff like Bisharp too.

ok i may have done a sneaky edit to hide my brainfart

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND, BABY RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD, BABY RIGHT ROUND, ROUND ROUND

Dee Reynolds (Aromatisse) @ Safety Goggles/Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen

- Trick Room
- Moonblast

unlike you fagmuffins, I'm going to post a nice and powerful practical aromatisse set that defensively supports teammates in addition to just setting trick room. with reflect up, you would be able to send in a breloom/thundurus/bisharp/ etc etc etc etc and not have it die instantly to mega kangaskhan! what a world! and even more, imagine having light screen up and being able to support your quagsire from the ever-so-common threat of energy ball jellicent! all of this and more is possible with the raw power of screens aromatisse.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)