Ability: Contrary
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Glare

The Snivy set i've been using, after trying a few others. 17 speed is good speed, however you lack the coverage of a Hidden Power Fire/Ice/Rock (IVs bring you to 16 speed). The idea is to Leaf Storm everything with his Contrary and abuse the other moves Snivy has access to. Knock off if the foe still has a hard counter available such as Larvesta, or Glare other annoying switch ins to cripple and let your team handle them easier for Snivy to come back later. Synthesis keeps Snivy in the game longer to spam Leaf Storm some more.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Every set is gonna have Contrary Leaf Storm and Sub so let's do something actually original.

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

SubSD Snivy. Everyone gonna be switching in the shits to wall Leaf Storm after you sub, and when you SD you gonna be bopping all the shits. Leaf Blade is the strongest STAB move, and Knock Off is Knock Off you know. Definitely off the wall but it's a fun set nonetheless.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Snivy @ Focus Sash
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Glare

Lead snivy, can taunt common lead as Onix and Dweeble and spamming Koff is always nice. Leaf Storm as hard stab

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
Reserving snivy with sub hp fire leaf storm and knock off
it's my innovative flagship set... fukn ninja. Knock sucks on this set though as Glare destroys fast switchins that dont care about knock(pony/foo/pawn pls + no burn chance from knockoff when hitting ponyta). If I can reserve exact same set with glare> knock, then count me in. BJ is the only item for it. I never used knock off , its just not good enough compared to what glare can give you in terms of momentum and crippling.

it's my innovative flagship set... fukn ninja. Knock sucks on this set though as Glare destroys fast switchins that dont care about knock(pony/foo/pawn pls + no burn chance from knockoff when hitting ponyta). If I can reserve exact same set with glare> knock, then count me in. BJ is the only item for it. I never used knock off , its just not good enough compared to what glare can give you in terms of momentum and crippling.
I'd allow it considering I forgot bj lol.
I prefer knock off cause it allows for a much harder hit ferro/foongus probably Ohko at +2 with hp fire after they've been knocked off. Glare is good If you wanna pressure pony as you basically stopping sunny beam. Either moveset works great with calm mind spritzee, both weaken/ko its answers.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
This is an absolutely terrible idea.

Snivy @ Big Root
Evs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Giga Drain
-Leaf Storm
-Knock Off
-Leech Seed

You can spread seeds everywhere and you can recover with Giga Drain and raise special with Leaf Storm. Knock Off needs no explanation. And Big Root ... it seemed like a good idea in my head.

Snivy @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Def / 240 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty sell explanatory, leaf storm for obvious reasons, giving you +2 every attack, has knock off to weaken checks like ferroseed/foongus so hp fire can KO at +2. Sub is the key as it eases prediction/ turns ferro and other shit into set up bait.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Zafina (Snivy) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Okay here's the skinny.

EVs:
hitting 21/14/14 to maximize bulk
hits 14 Speed so is optimal for Webs

Moves:
Leaf Storm important free +2 SpA
KO gets rid of items
Taunt blocks those pesky status moves
Glare paralyzes pokes to ruin later

Stallbreaking Snivy huzzah

Not much to say here. Strong Addition to a Webs team or can be slapped on a normal team with the proper support. Reason im not opting for a HP is because i dont want Snivy in the whole match and i want to ruin defensive switch-ins like Ferroseed. You will need a check for Birdspam and Hazard Control so make that an option when you are teambuilding.

I know it's too late to have my set entered but I have been having great success with this set:

Snivy @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Does tons of damage with life orb, while still having good speed and half decent coverage since hp ground doesn't take away from speed. HP Ground actually helps snivy's coverage and hits poison types like trubbish and the rare stunky hard, and I guess it 3hko's ferroseed at +6? Yeah you should probably bring something for ferroseed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)