Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
One suggestion: I'll slash Outrage after Knock Off to have a way to fight Dragon types not named Mega Altaria thanks to the high base power of this move (even though Knoff Off has a wider utility).

252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 262-310 (87.6 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 200-236 (67.3 - 79.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 228-270 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 294-346 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Regarding the set in general, it is a great lure because can hit hard many checks/counters on the switch but it still remains a B- set at maximum because the loss of Giga Drain+Synthesis is horrible and burn is a real nightmare now: this means that Venusaur is worn down even more easily.
===> Nice set because can provide some neat KOs but the classic SpA set is miles better.

Last edited:
One suggestion: I'll slash Outrage after Knock Off to have a way to fight Dragon types not named Mega Altaria thanks to the high base power of this move (even though Knoff Off has a wider utility).

252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 262-310 (87.6 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Venusaur Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 294-346 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Regarding the set in general, it is a great lure because can hit hard many checks/counters on the switch but it still remains a B- set at maximum because the loss of Giga Drain+Synthesis is horrible and burn is a real nightmare now: this means that Venusaur is worn down even more easily.
===> Nice set because can provide some neat KOs but the classic SpA set is miles better.
Outrage hits absolutely nothing important. Its redudant coverage. Knock off is better because your not locked into anything and it provides utiltiy.Of course the special set is better. This is a underrated set. Btw when has goodra ever a relevent dragon type in the tier.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow ----> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP | 72 Def | 136 Spdef | 48 Spe
Bold nature
- Leech Seed
- Block
- Rest
- Mimic

Dont you just fkn hate when your Mega Venu is utterly walled to death by things like spdef heatran, jirachi, and chansey?? dont you also hate when you're up against a boosted clefable or a CM suicune or CM manaphy or CM monoattacking slowbro? this set seeks to alleviate these problems and is an awesome trapping lure set designed to trap and kill typical Venu switch ins by PP stalling them to death.

The premise of this set is simple. Send in Venu against one of the many things it scares out, such as Mega Altaria or Diancie or Azumarill. Your opponent will typically go to their Venu switch in, the most standard which is Heatran. You use leech seed on the switch to continually wear down its health and gain free HP yourself, then after that use Block so they can no longer escape. Since Heatran has no recovery, leech seed will eventually kill it, and you rest off all the damage and burns that an unboosted lava plume will do to you. Now you have a dead Heatran!! This thing can also work for numerous other things besides Heatran. Are you against stall and really want to get rid of that annoying Chansey? Use this Venusaur set and utterly own them! Leech seed destroys Chansey, and even though Chansey has recovery, you have rest, so you win the PP war eventually.

Now this brings up the next question: why Mimic? Mimic lets you copy the last move your opponent used, which is actually really useful given Venusaur's decent speed. Clefable keeps Calm Minding so you cant damage it much? Use Mimic and copy Calm Mind, and Clefable can't touch you either, and then you win the PP war with rest and block. This works for other mons such as CM Manaphy and CM Suicune. Mimic also lets you obtain useful support moves. For instance, you can use block on a Ferrothorn switch in, then use Mimic to copy their spikes/SR or whatever, then proceed to PP stall that too with Rest.

The EVs look complicated but are essential to this Venusaur's success. Max HP is for obvious reasons; you want the most optimal bulk possible. 136 Spdef allows Venusaur to avoid the 3HKO from Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump. 48 Speed is designed for you to outspeed the standard Heatran spdef set with 68 speed EVs; this allows you to use Rest before they have a chance to Taunt you. Coincidentally, 48 Speed also allows Venusaur to outspeed 4 Speed Suicune, allowing you to Mimic Calm Mind if they used it last turn so you stall them out to death.

Happy stalling! (:

Last edited:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Skull Bash
- Power Whip
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Okay think about this:
You lead with your venusaur against heatran and he thinks, "kekeke i can stay in and magma storm!!" and you be like, "EQ!". Then, he goes out to latios, and hp fires predicting your ferrothorn and you hit him with the big fat one
252+ Atk Life Orb Venusaur Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 330-390 (109.2 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
By this time, your opponent is so tilted that he has no choice other than to send in his own Mega Venusaur, because a mega always beats a normal in a 1v1? WRONG!
252+ Atk Life Orb Venusaur Skull Bash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 125-147 (41.5 - 48.8%) -- 75.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Take those 75.8% odds and crack some skulls. Then, after he is complaining about how bad you are in chat for using such a bad set, you crit his slowbro with a power whip (
252+ Atk Life Orb Venusaur Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro on a critical hit: 424-502 (107.6 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO) as you whisper into the chat: "Outplayed." 100% win rate on this thing and a 100% tilt rate, all of your opponents will be screaming in rage when you break the meta and their team with some sick new innovation. Trust me, bengay will be using this set tomorrow take my word.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry, the only thing I had was my Phone yesterday; which is very shitty to work on. Anyway here are you choices:

Knock Off Venusaur
Chlorophyll Venusaur
Weather Ball Mega Venusaur
Roar Mega Venusaur
Worry Seed Mega Venusaur
Growth Mega Venusaur
Venoshock Mega Venusaur
Swords Dance Mega Venusaur
Trap Lure Mega Venusaur
Skull Bash Venusaur

Also I did not add those who didn't give description to their post.

Last edited:

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
Skull Bash Mega Venusaur

as good as the other sets may be, I'm a hyper offensive guy and that set is as hyper offensive as it gets

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As funny as running a move to 3hko opposing mvenu in six turns is, I think I'll vote for Trap Lure MVenu because it legit looks a little infuriating to face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)