Other The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition (Discussing Gardevoir sets) Check Post #920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a pretty cool set, although Custap Berry is only single use.
"Activates at 25% HP. Next move used goes first. One-time use."
Priority V-Create for one turn sounds really delicious :]

Seems like a pretty cool set, although Custap Berry is only single use.
"Activates at 25% HP. Next move used goes first. One-time use."
Priority V-Create for one turn sounds really delicious :]
Oh, I know it's one turn priority only, that's why it's mostly a last-resort suicide bomb. I'll edit that in.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Custap does not give you priority, it just makes you go first within your normal priority bracket just like the Quick Claw. Priority will still beat it.

Celticpride's RestTalk Victini.

Really an awesome set, Victini's defensive ability is pretty good since even an uninvested V-Create is very very powerful, and there are a plethora of support options on the thing.

For lack of a good name, I guess I'll call this Blockeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 Hp / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Block
- Knock Off / Fling / Coverage

The idea is to use Block on a predicted switch in so that you can buy yourself a free turn by switching in a check/counter to whatever switches in. The last move's up to you: Knock Off because it's Knock Off, Fling to take advantage of your lack of an Assault Vest for a free burn, or just a random coverage move.

EDIT: The EVs are basically just the AV EVs only 236 HP instead of SpD. It could probably be optimized in some way; I was focused more on the move set than anything else

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
LO Lure Conkeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

LO SF Conkeldurr lures in pokemon like Skarmory, Slowbro, Clefable and Landorus-T and surprise them with a strong Sheer Force Life Orb hit. Goes well with pokemon that wants these pokemon removed, such as Charizard X

p2

Banned deucer.
SubPunch Conkeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch / Mach Punch

A different approach to offensive Conkeldurr, SubPunch.
Substitute allows you to abuse switches and gain momentum and nail something the next turn, Focus Punch is the hardest hitting move here, which can put a huge dent into physical walls, while Knock Off is the best move in the game necessary coverage to not get walled completely by bulky Psychics or Ghosts. The last move is down to preference, Mach Punch for hitting faster targets, while Drain Punch allows for extra recovery.

The EV spread puts Conkeldurr at a Leftovers number, maximises Attack, speedcreeps Choice Band Azumarill and the rest of it was dumped into Special Defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)