Project The Next Best Thing - rip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unknown.jpeg

Ditto @ Metal Powder
Ability: Limber
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Transform

Metal powder: If holder is a Ditto that hasn't Transformed, its Defense is doubled.

This set comes as a complete shock to most opponents. When Ditto is sent in on a Carracosta, they just laugh at you for using limber and go for a shell smash. They were laughing so hard they forgot transform is still a move! Now you can copy the Carracosta, win a speed tie, and sweep their team. Metal powder is used over quick powder because you'd outspeed Carracosta before transforming, and now your extra defenses can let you live a hit if they attack you as you predict a thunder wave and switch Ditto in. This has saved me in numerous occasions, such as when I switched it in on a life orb bounce from a Lumineon because I didn't want to risk the paralysis on my Pikachu.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lumineon Bounce vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ditto: 40-48 (13.3 - 16%) -- possible 7HKO
(This is adjusted for Metal Powder since it isn't on the calc)

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ditto @ Assault Vest
Ability: Limber
Serious Nature
IVs: NaN HP / NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SpA / NaN SpD / NaN Spe
- Transform

The realest Ditto you will ever see. This Ditto is so broken, it doesn't even need EVs. Hell, it doesn't even need IVs. Assault Vest is the best item for this badass blob since its the only mon in the tier that can actually make use of this OP Item.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Ditto @ Red Card
Ability: Imposter
Timid Nature
- Transform

This is a cool way to beat certain set-up sweepers without being locked into one move. It requires top-notch prediction though.

Here are some examples where it can be useful:

Scenario one: Say the opponents’ Raichu used nasty plot as you switched into your Torterra. Now, you can be fairly certain that the opponent will use HP ice because NP Raichu frequently carries that move and Torterra is immune to thunderbolt. So you switch into your red-card Ditto to tank the +2 HP ice and…voila! Now you have a +2 Raichu and your opponent has nothing.

Scenario two: Say the opponent’s intimidate Arbok has forced out your Tangela and set up coil on the switch. You switch into your low-health Pelipper to sack it. The Arbok probably will use gunk shot rather than coil again because it doesn’t want to risk scald burn. So you switch into your red-card Ditto to tank the gunk shot with the help of intimidate, and now you have a +1/+1 snake.

It can also be used late-game, if for example, one of the opponents’ pokemon can sweep through their whole team and you want it. All you have to do is make a smart prediction, for example, switching in Ditto on Mightyena’s crunch or Leafeon’s leaf blade. Sticky web support is really helpful for obvious reasons.

Calcs:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Raichu Hidden Power Ice vs. 156 HP / 4 SpD Raichu: 159-187 (53 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Arbok Gunk Shot vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Arbok: 109-129 (36.3 - 43%) -- 97.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Mightyena: 97-114 (32.3 - 38%) -- 95.9% chance to 3HKO

(Calcs account for Ditto's fully invested HP stat of 300)

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

BANDITTO (Ditto) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 3 HP / 5 Atk / 8 Def / 8 SpA / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 1 SpA / 1 SpD / 1 Spe
- Transform
- Transform
-
-

Ditto's Choice Scarf set seems to be the standard set run by the ladder. However, I never understood the hype for it. It simply sucks.

Why? Because Choice Scarf looks like complete shit compared to what you would expect from your average blob. I mean, really? Why would you give it a scarf if it doesn't even have a neck? Have you ever imagined the ridicule Ditto gets from having to drape an oversized Scarf around its entire body?

Secondly, Scarf Ditto is outclassed. If you want to always guarantee to outspeed your opponent, why not just run Scarf Ninjask? It outspeeds every single Pokemon in the meta, and if they happen to be boosted or have their own Scarf, simply use Protect to rack up a free +1 boost. I've never understood why more Ditto users don't consider this other option tbh.

The last huge problem with a scarf Ditto actually makes a big difference on the battlefield: it locks you into one move. How stupid is that? You might as well just use one damn move on your Ditto, which is equally retarded and not condoned by the superior Ditto sets like mine. The lock is a terrible side effect from an item with poor benefits anyway. "But," I hear you protest. "I can't be faster than the opponent without a scarf!" That is fallacious. Few people keep in mind that Ditto's Scarf boost is exactly the same as the opponent's. Even with a Scarf, Ditto is unable to reliably revenge Scarf Carracosta at +2, Scarf Ninetales at +2, and Scarf Ninjask at +2, after they have set up. This means that Scarf Ditto is extremely prone to being swept. Even if you do win with scarf ditto, another of their Pokemon can easily waltz in, set up to +6, and sweep whilst you're locked into a bad move with nothing you can do! Horrible!

The main bad thing about being locked into a move is this: Ditto can never achieve its goal of sweeping a team. Let's take this scenario for a moment, which has all too often happened to top players. The opponent has a Shell Smash Magcargo out on turn 1 with threats like Phione, Balloon Lampent, and Carnivine waiting at the back, and sets up 3 Shell Smashes in a row. Your win condition in Scarf Ditto has been cleverly set up -- but wait, it has no chance of actually sweeping. It cannot click Fire Blast to sweep because Phione can easily tank a hit. It cannot click Earth Power because Carnivine avoids the 2HKO.

Instead, consider what non-Scarf Ditto would achieve. By simply outplaying the coin flip, your Ditto now has a whopping 50% chance of winning the game! This may not sound like much, but 50% is a way better chance than a 0% chance to win the game at all. It's literally infinitely better!

What else separates BANDITTO from an ordinary Ditto?

Black Glasses is used because it looks amazing. Can you imagine the fear struck into opponents when they witness a piece of gum wielding a dashing pair of shades? Moreover, this terrifying Pokemon will immediately transform into a much cooler version of themselves, shades and all. Is a fake really doing better than them? What a blow to their self esteem!

The spread looks arbitrary, but in fact it took a great deal of thinking on my part, and it's probably the most efficient spread it can run. I run the underrated 3 / 5 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 EV spread, because Ditto is 3gud5u m8 n i r8 it 8/8. The IVs are like so because Ditto is the number 1 in everything. This IV spread also gives it Hidden Power Dark (credits to me for discovering the IVs that give HP Dark, that shit was difficult, man). This has many purposes. Firstly, it allows Ditto to deal with Balloon Lampent, which is a huge threat to +6 Magcargo otherwise, as seen in the above situation. Secondly, it gets powered up by Black Glasses, so you have an extra powerful Hidden Power at your disposal. Thirdly, it gives you a super effective move to hit Misdreavus and Haunter that run HP Fighting with. Fourthly, dark is the type that induces the most fear in the opponents and looks good with dark cool shades. Fifthly, HP Dark and Black Glasses combine very well in the popular strategy known as "Dark Spam". Sixthly, I could list many more reasons to sell HP Dark Ditto to you, but anyone who has played PU knows how much of a threat this is, so I won't spell it out. Sassy nature because Ditto doesn't give a damn about the opponent; he's way above their league.

So yeah. Let's give Ditto a makeover...

...from this poorly decorated piece of squashed gum...

... To this hell of a rock star. Not only will Ditto be sweeping your team, it will also be sweeping your ladies off their feet.

B-rank? More like Badass-rank. No, more like BANDITTO rank, because it's in a class of its own. Watch out.

You (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP
IVs: 30 Spe
- Transform
Scarf allows him outspeeding who he copied
30 ivs in speed allows him losing speed ties against other dittos, so he will move last and dont die to struggle recoil(sry for no image too)

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ditto @ BrightPowder
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 240 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Transform

Dodge! Duck! Dip! Dive! and Dodge!

All you need to know.

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned a weakness policy / salac berry ditto sweeper yet.
Ditto @ Weakness policy / salac berry
Timid Nature
- Transform
The idea of this set is to get attacked, preferably by a super effective move that the opponent may be carrying. Why run a very fashionable scarf when you can eat a berry and use all of your moves?

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ditto @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

CHOICE SCARF IS FOR NOOBS. BEING LOCKED INTO ONE MOVE IS ICKY. INTRODUCING THE MAN WITH A PLAN, TO OUTSPEED IN THE END. THIS LITTLE BOY'S NAME IS DITTO AND YO SHIT ABOUT TO BE ROCKED. THIS LITTLE MAN PLANS TO BE THE LAST ONE ON THE FIELD BY GETTING DOWN TO 25% OR LESS AND THEN 100% MAKING YOU EAT DEATH. *drops mic* gg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)