Project The Next Best Thing - rip

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Scorpdestroyer gdi man stop winning all the time!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

This is basically a better version of the 4 attacker set due to decline in use of stall, so much less lickilicky which was the main target. Taunt instead allows simipour to be a very successful anti lead as it outspeeds every relevant lead hazard poke (including +1 whirlipede), while also crippling pokes like sdef rose who try and lo stall with recovery. It also doesnt take away from this sets main purpose as it can still destroy every team with its perfect neutral coverage, and lo hydro (+rocks) does enough to licki to the point it is forced to wish, meaning you get a free switch.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Simipour @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Pretty simple. Endure against a sweeper or whatever, get +1 Speed and a Torrent boost, sweep / revenge kill. SubNP also takes advantage of Torrent but misses out on coverage Substitute has no priority so yeah. Just a nice cleaner or revenge killer in a pinch.

THEONLYGOODPHYSICALMONKEY

Simipour
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Aqua Tail
- Hone Claws
- Knock Off

It OHKOS non Defensive Poliwrath at +1 with Acrobatics and 2HKOs Offensive Tangela on the switch with SR up somehow (idk why would Tangela switch into you o.k) or at +1 if you Knock Off it before, Aqua Tail because accuracy boost lol use that. Knock Off + Acrobatics does stuff like 2HKOing naive (not the nature) Roselias trying to set up on your face. Torterra gets 2HKOd on the switch and all other cool stuff. The main draw is to Knock Off shit honestly and you still beat stuff like Ninetales and what you are supposed to.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Simipour @ Salac Berry
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Hydro Pump
- Acrobatics

Basically an offensive lure Simipour. Substitute to protect from status and to feign Sub + NP. Endeavor to bring opponents down to 1% HP. Hydro Pump is to lure common switch ins like Roselia and Jumpluff. After Salac Berry activates, Acrobatics smacks Roselia and Jumpluff with a solid 110 BP move. 56 Attack EVs guarantees a OHKO on Jumpluff with Acrobatics after Stealth Rock damage, tho you can invest more Attack to OHKO speically defensive Roselia.

Yeah please post a full set if you want to nominate something, Simipour is up for nomination, not the move Hidden Power.

(If you're not actually planning on nominating anything, then post in a different thread like the np thread (and obviously describe it more), and yes I agree more people should use hp electric simipour as it's a good set)

I'm pretty tired of all the ShellSmashers, SD Jumpluff's, and RP Torterra's running through my team, so I figured I'd post scarf Simipour.

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Scald / Superpower

With the appropriate coverage listed above, Simipour is able to revenge kill a wide range of threats, picking off weakened Raichu, Zebstrika, Persian and Kadabra to name a few. With a choice scarf, Simipour is able to outspeed most Rock Polish and Shell Smash users, such as Adamant Barbaracle at +2, Jolly Carracosta at +2 as well as Torterra to name a few. In addition, scarf simi can outspeed some weather abusers, for example Victreebel in the sun as well as RD Poliwrath (assuming not naive or timid respectively), however Grass Knot only manages to do roughly 50-55% to RD Poliwrath. Scald is a more consistent option for ohko'ing threats such as Rapidash, while being a consistent option in the early game to get a potential burn. I slashed Superpower in the last slot as it allows Simipour to outspeed and pick off weakened RP Regice and Rotom-Frost with Superpower, which can be helpful if your team is weak to those two. If so, Naive nature is used with the 4 ev's dumped in Atk to be able to hit both hard. However, Superpower makes Simipour easy setup bait for things like RD Poliwrath, TR Beeheeyem, Duosion, and CM Clefairy (although not as common anymore) to name a few, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Also a huge threat to rain offense in general, as it outspeeds almost every swiftswimmer (bar Golduck) and can fire off rain-boosted Hydro Pumps and GKs for days.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lucas hobbs

I really dont see why a physical set of a special mon (or vice versa) gets everyone so hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)