The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know it this isn't common, but why not try.

Jynx @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock/Psychic

I run LO but Leftovers is a less suicidal approach. This moveset allows Jynx to cripple counters and prevent Revenge Killing thanks to LK and Substitute, respectively. After putting someone to sleep, put a Substitute and hit the switch in hard while it tries to break the Sub. If the opponent stays in you can kill it while preserving the Sub, meanimng you have another chance to LK again. This set is walled by common defensive walls that wall all non-NP Jynx sets but works well against offensive teams who rely on Revenge Killing to take out Jynx.

Welp, might as well give this one a go.

Jynx @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Icy Wind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
-Lovely Kiss

Pretty simple, really. Bring Jynx in on something that can't take it one on one and Icy Wind the switch in, which will likely be a counter. From there you will likely be able to out speed (unless it's really fast with a Scarf) and you can try your luck with Lovely Kiss, or simply just try and take it out with any move of your choosing. Alternately, you could switch out to a counter of your own as it will likely out speed the sluggish Pokemon. Psychic/Psyshock is a preferential choice, Focus Blast deals with Dark and Steel types while Ice Beam gets STAB and hits Ground type Pokemon like a truck. If you don't have problems with either of those, then you can opt for Shadow Ball to wreak havoc on Ghosts and other Psychic types, so pretty much the third attack is up in the air. Main problem with the set is that it relies on Lovely Kiss's 75 Accuracy, but then again so do most sets that Jynx uses. Jynx also won't be surviving long with a Life Orb and if hazards are on the field, so keep that in mind if you don't have a spinner.

phantom

Banned deucer.

Jynx @ Light Clay
Evs: 8 HP / 248 spA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe - atk)
-Taunt / Lovely Kiss
-Ice Beam
-Reflect
-Light Screen

Little do people know that Jynx has access to Dual Screens and can actually perform as an excellent offensive Dual Screen user. Thanks to its great base speed stat and offensive presence, Jynx will often be forcing switches, giving it plenty of time to setup and support its team. Taunt can be used to stop lead Pokemon from setting up, however, Lovely Kiss can be just as useful in that it allows Jynx to incapacitate its opponent. Ice Beam is Jynx's best attacking option allowing it dent most Stealth Rock leads. Reflect and Light Screen are givens because they are the whole point of the set.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Jynx @ Leftovers / Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe - Atk)
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Lovely Kiss
-Ice Beam

This set abuses jynx's water immunity and good defensive typing thanks to it to set up and attempt a sweep instead of just trying to kill things with a life orb. The moveset is pretty self explanatory: substitute can be used to shield from status or stall life orb from things like samurott with megahorn. Ice resists are not that common. Fire types consist mainly of charizard, and anybody using torkoal or others (simisear?) will fall prey because of their weak special defense. Water types (alomomola and samurott) are set up fodder. Steel tpyes don't exist, and other jynx can be life orb stalled or slept. Random munchlax and grumpig get substituted against first to scout for sleep talk and thunder wave respectively. Then you can set up nasty plot and sweep. Salac berry decreases longevity but is generally somewhat gimmicky, at least I think it is.
Just a small note, Sub + NP is already on site, however the EVs are a little different to yours (by like, 6 numbers) and it doesn't have the option of Salac. Perhaps you're better off choosing another set because I can't really see what would make Salac change Jynx completely, however if you think it does, explain it by all means because the only real thing on your set that needs explaining/clarifying as to why it's so good is the Salac Berry (what does it now outspeed? what does it fool into thinking it's another item? does it make it easier for Jynx to sweep? how? those sort of questions), and the rest is already known on its analysis.

Jynx @ Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Nature: Bold
-Lovely Kiss
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Substitute/Ice Beam

This set allows you to beat many of Jynx's common switch ins easily such as 252/252+ Lickilicky. Mean Look on the switch, and if Lickilicky has Dragon Tail, use Substitute as it will never break the sub with this EV spread. Perish Song on turn two instead if you suspect that Lickilicky has Body Slam. Body Slam will do 33%-39% damage to Jynx, which means that as long as Stealth Rock is off the field, Jynx will almost always survive 3 consecutive Body Slams, which is important in case you get paralyzed or Lovely Kiss misses. You then can use Lovely Kiss and Substitute to stall out the opposing Pokémon. 56 Speed EVs capitalize on Jynx's ability to check dangerous water types. She can out speed max speed Modest Ludicolo and Samurott with the given EVs and put them to sleep before the former can set up Rance Dance for the rest of its team and before the latter can nail Jynx with Megahorn. Ice Beam can be used over Substitute if you don't want to be complete Taunt bait, or if you feel lucky with the amount of sleep turns Lovely Kiss will grant you.

This may seem wasteful of Jynx's incredible offensive capabilities, but in the hands of a good player this set can remove key Pokémon to let teammates such as Exeggutor, Haunter, and Gorebyss to have an easier time sweeping.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

It isn't on site for NU, and this is NU metagame?>
Jynx doesn't have its NU analysis yet regardless, and it was on its NU analysis in the past. It is also on the RU analysis, which is still enough of a reference. If you want to emphasize Salac Berry, you may be able to argue that it is different, but you'll have to work to convince people I think.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bit of a negative comment, but scorpdestroyer's set is also on site (scarf with Lovely Kiss).
Technically not entirely, as Trick replaces Focus Blast. However with that said the same should apply and the emphasis should be on why Trick is more useful than FB with that set, rather than just LK.

I had an idea earlier, and here is the result:

Sub Torment Jynx

Jynx @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Torment
- Ice Beam

It may seem like Jynx is not suited to this job, since many pokemon have multiple moves to hit it, unlike something like Heatran in OU, which many pokemon only have 1 move to hit it with. However, a lot of the pokemon trying to take out Jynx are choiced in some way, scarf in particular. By bringing it in on a pokemon that is clearly weak to Jynx and forcing a switch, you can use sub on the switch, then choose to protect or just go for the torment straight off the bat. Obviously you can just kill with Ice Beam if possible, but its highly unlikely anything that can be ohkod by ice beam will be switching in (with the exception of Scolipede).

Speaking of Scolipede, many people may consider this a weakness, but this Jynx can actually deal with it easily (provided you have a sub up from a predicted switch or from just killing something). A lot of centipedes have Megahorn as their only attacks, and most that have 2 use Aqua Tail as their secondary attack. With the combination of Torment and Protect, you can easily stop them with the right predictions. If you're behind a sub, you can also just take them out with an Ice Beam.

As this set will be forcing a lot of switches, support in the form of both kinds of Spikes and Stealth Rocks would be very helpful in wearing the opponent down gradually.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Annd time's up! Y'all have two days to vote. Ties will be broken, and so on. By two days I generally mean 2 days minus around 5 hours give or take (obviously I'll extend time if necessary etc)~

Also, on another note, I urge you guys to actually check on-site. I skim through your posts, and some of you mention sets that are on-site with a few changes, but don't really extend upon the parts in particular that change and make the difference on the set. If the EVs are changed from the on-site set, why? What difference does that make? How does it help it beat a certain mon? If you're choosing a different move, why that move over the other one already on the set? What threats in particular does it provide coverage over, and why is it better than the other move? Same applies to item changes, and ability changes (although not sure why someone WOULDN'T use Dry Skin other than the fear of falling in love, but it's mons SO - plus this is for future reference anyway). Keep that in mind when posting sets, and actually explain the stuff you change, rather than the stuff that's already on-site. A few sets are guilty of this unfortunately, so it's something you should pay attention to.

1. Treecko37
  2. JoshuaMunoz
  3. FLCL
  4. bobbyvaporeon
  5. Hot N Cold
  6. Dzi
  7. -Green-
  8. -saucemonkey1-
  9. Icecream
  10. Shnoogle
  11. Tagliatelle21

JoshuaMunoz

Expert Belt Jynx is awesome, as her coverage allows for it to work out perfectly.

I just hope the next mon is slightly more interesting, as I don't see a lot of viable options for it outside of straight attacking (I don't see Dual Screens working out due to frailty, as well as Mean Look + PSong

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
While Icecream's Dual Screen set is interesting, I find that FLCL's Counter lead set works the most effectively in its role while actually having a notable difference from the standard sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)