The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
be sexy be smart
JirachiCelebiMew

I love how this set use the opponent skills againts themselves and toxic spikes is pretty underrated atm so is nice to see it getting some use. But need to be careful around Sap Sipper Sdef Miltank (screw sawsbuck), this lovely cow can switch in absorb the grass move, heal poison from their teammate and proceed to stall with milk drink and maybe body slam you.

FLCL

I like WhiteDMist's idea, but Roselia even with maximum investment and Eviolite is actually a bit on the frail side, and people are unlikely to let their Tspike absorbers go so easily. In addition I found the tier a bit too offensive when I tested it for it to do its job effectively, being 2hkoed by almost everything I wanted to switch it in on when running Ebelt, and rarely actually eliminating the opposing grounded Poison. No one actually switched out with whatever I switched Roselia into bar Alomomola and other walls, they just smacked it and without Eviolite it died.

Specs Roselia sounded great until I tried it, then I immediately started to wonder why I wouldn't just use Vileplume to similar effect. The far superior bulk easily outweighed the lack of natural cure, while having the same suprise factor. It's a cool idea if Vileplume isn't also in the tier.

Anything that's either not running hazards or not running Eviolite troubles me, as that is Roselia's main niche over the otherwise bulkier and more useful Vileplume

FLCL's set proved more reliable as a whole, and also included useful recovery in Rest, so that will get my vote. After all there's a reason Garbodor is nearly nonexistant on PO, and that's because Roselia is so ridiculously effective with this exact set.

BROStime

Luring mons like Skuntank or Garbodor sounds great. I'll try Eviolite instead of Life Orb to keep the decent bulk specially defensive of Roselia and just running max SpA like the bros set.

BROStime

Set looks incredible. I suppose Vileplume gets some mention, but Rose takes burns/paras for the team and gets Leaf Storm which Vileplume doesn't.

tbh roselia was a pretty bad choice for this kind of thing but w/e

A lot of the sets posted are trying to get too far from the norm and therefore are pretty gimmicky. Running Life Orb or Expert Belt etc (anything not Eviolite) makes Roselia extremely frail (50 / 45 / 80 defenses...) and due to its subpar Speed stat (most sets werent highly invested in Speed for the most part) causes Roselia to get KOd pretty easily. I'd rather use like LO Vileplume which doesn't have Spikes but at least has bulk which by far makes up for hazards, and if you're using it for hazards, just use a defensive spread. Anyways, the only set that I would use would be FLCL's set since it takes a new approach to its EV spread which allows it to set up on spikes on a wider variety of mons. EDIT: My second choice, if that matters at all, would be TeraVoltage which I'm surprised hasn't been chosen yet in favor of other less effective sets.

FLCL

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TeraVoltage. Maximizes what's it's good at, hp and SpD, while having good recovery. Maybe sludge bomb over sub so sap sipper pokes cannot do whatever. Agree with Annoyer, anything not eviolite is wasteful for roselia, and even if you wanted a surprise factor, vileplume or even victrebel are superior

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Teravoltage - 5
FLCL - 9
BROStime - 6
WhiteDMist - 9
JirachiCelebiMew - 3

FLCL dominates this again, and WhiteDMist shares the win. :)

(Also I am never getting any of you to help break ties again).

The next mon you're making sets for is...

motor

(Keep in mind that this is the NU forum, so only sets that can apply to both of these Rotom and not the higher-tiered Rotom count).​

Mostly a Rotom-fan set but it guess you could change the stab and i could work.

Rotom-Fan @ Flying Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

the set is basically to paralyse things and then being able to outspeed them if you want to switch you can volt-switch, if you want to attack you get the gem boosted attack and with this rotom the chance to flinch. you can heal yourself by painsplitting and the 0 ivs to attack is for liepards, i have been recently switching all my non-physical attackers' (without hidden power in their sets) ivs to 0 so that when liepard swaggers you the foul play wont do as much.

Rotom-S @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Air Slash

This set attempt to boost Rotom-S SpA, protected by enemy attacks, constantly monitoring the strong possibility to damage and at the same time to paralize/flinch. Otherwise, you can try to paralize and then use a Substitute to increase SpA. About EVs, the distribution is suggested to maintain a good HP level, even after Subs.

prepare yourself

@ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
  • Volt Switch
  • Shadow Ball / HEX
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Hidden Power [Grass]

are ground-types constantly ruining your electric-types' fun? well look no further with this brand new rotom-s set. do ground-types such as golurk, or golem, or whatever else constantly try to switch-in to your volt switches, under the pretext that you're choiced scarfed? well punish those golurks with a well timed shadow ball, easily 2HKO'ing it, or those golems with a hidden power grass. or even just cripple them with will-o-wisp. shadow ball also hurts those specially defensive psychic-types like musharna and gardevoir for nice damage.

now if you're extra cool you can use HEX in place of shadow ball, predicting a switch-in with will-o-wisp and hit 'em with a very strong hex. it's more risky and less efficient than shadow ball though.

vote for me for a democratic smogon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)