1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Next Best Thing - Spiritomb [Voting]

Discussion in 'BW RU' started by Silvershadow234, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

2. The Quasar

The Quasar
    is a Tiering Contributor

Molk and Feranfell's sets are certainly more solid and tested, since they are also hinted on the boards of Smogon. Even if I'd like to build something around that, I want to give my vote for original Magical Magmortar's set. I think (with unwanted surprise) it might work very well.
  3. col49

col49 mi amor
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Feranfell, strong set
  4. TROP

TROP *tips fedora*
    is a Tiering Contributor

Feranfell
  5. Kenny

Kenny don't expect me

Molk Molkerson
  6. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

7. Nozzle

Nozzle

The Quasar
  8. PTJon7

PTJon7

9. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Molk
    atomicllamas and TROP like this.
  10. Shame That

Shame That night after night
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

11. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

I like Feranfell's and Molk's set almost equally. But Feranfell's can potentially beat most counters.
  12. vyomov

vyomov

13. Magical Magmortar

Magical Magmortar

14. The NU Tuber

The NU Tuber

15. Explorer

Explorer

Feranfell, it gets big points for being able to set up sun reliably and abuses it very well.
  16. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

hi i know i'm late but this entei kicks ass so dwi

Entei @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Toxic
    - Protect

toxic stalls slowkings, still serves its role as a strongmon with great priority, bulk is improved with extra lefties from protect, impossible to switch into without letting a wall get toxiced

deserves to be the standard. hates qwilfish.
  17. Burnside

Burnside

18. Nova

Nova Palisades
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Feranfell my boy
  19. dcae

dcae naughty list

Feranfell
  20. atomicllamas

atomicllamas on good days I am charming as fuck
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Farenfell I think you should post the next mon too :p
  21. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]

Sry for the delay-tests are such a pain...
    Anyway, feran wins with 11 votes! Now, time for the next mon...
    [​IMG]
    Sigilyph
  22. The Quasar

The Quasar
    is a Tiering Contributor

[​IMG]

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Cosmic Power
    - Psycho Shift
    - Stored Power
    - Whirlwind

Well, many of us know dangerousness of Cosmic Power Sigilyph's set. This version is purposely built as fast as possible with Timid Nature and 252 Atk EVs; Power Cosmic allows to increase the defense and special defense. Boost are also needed to Stored Power to become much more than just a threat. Psycho Shift in conjunction with a Flame Orb physical damage opponent attackers. Now why not take advantage of the decent speed and any entry hazard?
    Then, Whirlwind could prove to be an effective way to damage and compromise opposite team, like good SR and/or spiker teammate.
  23. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG]
    Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psycho Shift
    - Psychic
    - Roost

This set is used as a lure but also has the ability to sweep once its counters are removed, which becomes easier when most of them are severely hindered by a burn. Spiritomb, Escavalier, Aggron, Rhydon, and sometimes Durant, Absol Drapion, and Crawdaunt are some examples of Sigilyph switch-ins. Burn is also appreciated to wear down Pokemon such as Slowking and Uxie. Flame Orb is not only used for inflicting status on the opponent, but also for protecting Sigilyph from paralysis. Many teams use Pokemon such as Slowking, Uxie, Druddigon, and Clefable to paralyze offensive Sigilyph and slow it down, but this is not possible if Sigilyph is already burned. This allows Sigilyph to get to +6 on Pokemon like Slowking and Clefable. Roost is important if you want to attempt a late-game sweep, as Sigilyph will still take a bit of damage from Escavalier or Spiritomb's Pursuit as well as have some other damage from trying to set up. You could probably replace it with another coverage move if you don't need Sigilyph to stick around.
  24. august

august free the robots
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

on your wings (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Calm Mind
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost
    - Psychic / Psyshock

this set pretty much destroys stall mercilessly. i use this with spikes and psyshock whenever im stall weak... cryogonal gets destroyed by psyshock so it has no chance to spin and just sr + 1 layer of spikes allows you to beat spiritomb. with 0 atk ivs and a timid nature, foul play is doing ~38% and you easily just whirlwind it away until it is forced to rest. once it has to rest it loses. simple as that

flame orb lets you feign cm shift or cosmic power and also prevents status like paralysis
  25. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVS: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
    Tailwind
    Psycho Shift
    Psychic/Air Slash
    Roost
    Sigilyph can be a great team supporter with Tailwind doubling the speed of the entire party, allowing powerful hitters such as Entei, which then outspeeds Scarfed Typhlosion, to wreak havoc on everything. Sigilyph can still spread status with burn, and Roost to heal off Stealth Rock damage. Overall, if you want something that can provide your team with speed beyond compare, then Tailwind Syglyph is what you need.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)