Project The Next Best Thing (Uxie Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raseri, that set has been working wonders for me on my teams as a lead and a momentum gainer. Thank you for bringing it the lime light it richly deserves.

Want a HO lead that doesnt suck?

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Imprison
- Knock Off
- Memento

Imprison + Stealth Rock is a pseudo taunt to stop hazards from going up. Knock Off to remove items! Also Imprison + Knock Off is kinda silly but its helped me before. Then you Memento and set up your sweeper gg

edit: apparently this doesnt work in game so the set is bad~

Last edited:

Cased

Banned deucer.
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef (You can run Speed if you want to outpace Modest Samurott and Ludicolo, I just prefer that bulk)
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

thought i convinced everyone to use this (was a set back in DPP UU) during week 1 of SPL which literally showed why this set has perks over the conventional 3 attack Uxie or the SubCM (which is terrible in ORAS tbh, you either need Signal Beam or rest) What do you miss out on with Signal Beam? Basically just hitting Malamar and I mean there are many more ways to check Malamar in the metagame than using Signal Beam Uxie, basically this set allows you to beat common Toxic Pokemon, and it helps against a lot of Calm Mind wars (Besides other standard CM Uxie, but CM Uxie should never be your CM Uxie Check or Counter). Although you aren't OHKOing things like Quagsire with GK or Dark-types with Signal Beam. This set takes a bit more support (Mainly TSpikes, everything else you can get creative with). Set basically explains itself

And unlike the other terrible sets I've seen in here (That fucking Bulk Up Hariyama... hope I never see it again), it actually has worked in an tournament scene Me vs. FLCL

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Uxie @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (Impish if you run Knock)
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Psychic / Knock Off
- U-turn

I guess this is just standard SR Uxie with Yawn > T-Wave or another slot for Knock Off or Psychic. I flirted with using this in SPL at a couple points and ik others have used it (I think Blunder used it vs Blara, but I can't remember - at this point I was still learning NU and I take no credit for innovating this set, but it came up in the builder a few times and seemed useful). Anyway, Yawn is cool because it forces the opponent to either fodder a pokemon to sleep or keep switching in a likely predictable fashion, which will give you momentum either through U-turn or generally smart play in conjunction with Yawn. I like pairing this with strong fighting physical attackers, like Sawk, and some physical set-up sweepers, like Mawile, but there are plenty of things that can be used alongside this Uxie and it doesn't vary much from the normal SR Uxie in terms of synergy.

Man i really hoped we would get some more submissions :(

Ah well vote for Cased, Raseri or Finch

I vote for Raseri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)