Scrafty @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Since all the good sets are already posted I might as well attempt to enter this week with a joke set :^] Grass Knot is for those bulky physically oriented walls like Swampert and Hippowdon, Focus Blast and Dark Pulse are hard hitting STABs, while Sludge Bomb gives you a way to hit Fairy types. There isn't much to say here, so let's see some calcs :^]

252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 332-392 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 294-348 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 270-320 (68.5 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 218-258 (68.3 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 168-198 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aromatisse: 188-222 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Whimsicott: 428-504 (132.5 - 156%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Scrafty Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Toxicroak: 54-63 (14.5 - 17%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock AV Txicroak a god all hail BT :^]
First of all, this is awesome. I enjoyed reading that, and it made my day, haha. Oh man, if only fearsome special attackers like Forretress and Snorlax didn't exist. :/
252+ SpA Choice Specs Forretress Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aromatisse: 290-344 (71.4 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Forretress Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 296-350 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 400-472 (112.9 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Forretress Volt Switch vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 136-162 (40.5 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Snorlax Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 196-232 (56.9 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Snorlax Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 176-208 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Snorlax Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 270-318 (64.2 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Snorlax Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Toxicroak: 260-308 (70.2 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Between Forretress' bulk, ability to scare off walls, and its powerful Volt Switch to rip chunks off of a switch-in and maintain momentum for its team and Snorlax's ridiculous coverage that makes not even the almighty AV Toxicroak a safe switch-in, it's no wonder why Scrafty doesn't see the light of day as a top-notch Choice Specs user. Sure, Forretress' and Snorlax's gargantuan base SpA stats of 60 and 65, respectively, eclipse that of Scrafty's base 45 SpA, but Specs Scrafty has his merits over both of them and deserves more attention!

voting is now open!

and for future reference, i'm removing the calc requirement

watfor your set was a missed opportunity smfh

Last edited:

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
meru

because scrafty is inherently niche, so making it more niche by using a subpar set that isn't tailored to a specific purpose doesn't help it transcend its mediocrity, but meru's set clearly is usable in counterplay

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Meru i think this discussion showed that Scrafty is basically trash in the meta right now, it just gets revenged by everything and is weak, at least Meru's made a cool set that actually might be useful although niche.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Tornadus (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower / Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Rest

Bulky ChestoRest Bulk Up Tornadus-I. I forgot by this point what the bulk was for, I think it was to avoid the 2HKO from Alakazam's Psyshock at +1, but I'm not totally sure. Either way the bulk helps a bit while setting up, it's pretty straightforward. It can be tricky to be in the right situation to set up with since you HAVE to use Rest to consume Chesto Berry before attempting to sweep, but it isn't hard to sponge a few blows while setting up, thus allowing you to Rest immediately after. Prankster lets you have priority Bulk Up + Rest, which is vital because some things will otherwise outspeed, despite Tornadus' unreal base 111 Speed.

It's most effective late game as it can also double as an effective cleaner with a few boosts. Superpower can beat down Steel/Rock-types though Knock Off is also cool for being able to hit hard while preserving all of your boosts, and being able to remove Slowbro easily. The real kicker to this set is it's able to set up on defensive Pokemon that either can't 2HKO or rely on inflicting status to hinder it, such as Slowbro, Mew, Blissey, etc. You can literally proceed to spam Bulk Up while they go for Toxic, Scald, Will-O-Wisp, whatever in futility, only for you to use Rest and clean them up afterward. Not only this but priority users such as Arcanine, Entei, Lucario, Honchkrow, and Toxicroak aren't able to even reliably revenge kill Tornadus once it's gotten a few boosts in, making it that much harder to deal with once it gets going. Of course you're gonna want stuff like Mega Aerodactyl, most Steel-types, and most Electric-types at least removed if not weakened, and strong Choice Scarf users like Darmanitan can still 2HKO you even at +2 (I found this out the hard way) so you gotta be wary in executing it. But overall it's a pretty fun mon to use, like a slower, more passive Hawlucha in some respects. Minus the whole "broken" and "deudly Fighting-type STAB" part.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-155760507

Many games as I've had using this I never bothered to save replays, so if I ever get more I'll edit them into this post. But this'll do for now. My opponent, I don't think he was super great of a player, and I made some dumb plays myself (Do not ask me why I didn't go to Florges on an Outraging Haxorus), but the execution went perfectly
Str8 from the creative sets thread

Last edited:
SubBU Braviary? Fuck dat

Tornadus @ Sitrus Berry / Liechi Berry
Ability: Prankster / Defaint
EVs: 100 HP / 172 Atk / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Superpower / Knock Off

232 Spe Jolly outspeed Inferanpe and Mienshao, no need to invest more there aren't any relevant base 110s IMO. 172 Atk means 100% chance to OHKO 248 HP Crobat at +2, and 100% chance to OHKO Slowbro with Leftovers at +2. The rest are put into bulk, it basically survives 2 Flare Blitz from MixNape w/o Life Orb (Expert Belt / Choice Scarf) at +1, CB Infernape's Mach Punch to never break sub, Toxicroak's Sucker Punch only have like 30% chance to break sub at +2 Def (Adamant LO Toxicroak), etc. etc., something minor but Impish/Careful (-SpA) Forretress has like 10% chance to break sub w/ volt switch.

100 HP is divisible by 4 which means only 3 switches if rocks are up, so why? Basically because with even HP number you only need 3 Subs to activate the berry.

As for the ability, Defiant is nice to pressure defog users such as Crobat and Gligar, but Prankster gives you priority substitute and Bulk Up which is really nice especially vs. scarf users.

Yeah it's kinda weak defensively, but its offenses and sweeping abilities are amazing. You basically have to at least try and get the berry boost before attempting a sweep. Liechi gives you immense power while Sitrus can be helpful in setting up Bulk Ups.

Acrobatics is a must but only used after the berry is burned, the final move is your choice, Superpower can be used to OHKO Empoleon and Krookodile at +1 and Blissey after rocks, not to mention you get Snorlax at +2, but you can use Knock Off to get the immediate KO on Chandelure and Victini (After rocks), which otherwise can easily 2HKO and can be a trouble if Scarfed.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus (M)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Tailwind is a pretty cool move, giving your whole team agility for 4 turns to abuse. IT doesn't get use because of lack of viable setters since you really need U-turn to be effective which in UU is basically Tornadus, Mew, and Crobat. I have a couple replays because calcs wont do jackshit. The Tornadus still OHKOes infernape. EDIT: Kitten just posted a variation of tailwind so imma differentiate mine by saying it utilizes Knock Off to be a hindrance to opposing teams, doesn't take as long to set uo, and can set multiple times thanks to U-turn and Max HP. Kitten not bringing your set down man, its a good one, just felt i needed to expand more

Well showdown is a bitch right now ill have replays later it can work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)