The Next Best Thing... [V2]: Set Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by kokoloko, taken over from Mazz (rip in pieces)
The Next Best Thing...
What is this?:

I for one, along with many others I'm sure, feel as though there is some untapped power within the UU environment. There is substantial evidence for this idea in the form of one commonality for most tiers, UU included: there always seems to be one or more new-fangled, hyped up sets that weren't originally main-stay or seen as "viable" by the community, but somehow has taken the metagame by storm. This can be seen in DPP OU (with Special Lucario transitioning to SD Lucario, Heatran eventually running items other than Choice Scarf, and the influx of ChestoRest Kingdra) in ADV (with the vaunted TyraniBoah now becoming almost an urban myth in comparison to Special and DD Tyranitar, and the increasing popularity of SupeRachi) and in BW OU (with the advent of SubSalac Terrakion, SubDisable Gengar, and ChestoRest Volcarona). Yes, some of these sets may have been found early on with respect to the creation of the tier or fairly recently, the point is, though, that there seems to be an endless supply of effective and potent sets out there yet to be discovered, especially factoring in metagame swings and the possible tier shifts. The purpose of this project will be to systematically subject each and every UU pokemon to a collective body of research in an attempt to uncover these "hidden gems", so to speak, and hopefully spark some creativity throughout the UU community.

The Process:

Each week, I will choose a different UU Pokemon, sometimes chosen by random, sometimes chosen by curiousity, of which participants will try to personally create a new set for that is not already on-site or in the process of being put on-site. Participants will be given 5 days to create their set, with discussion about the particular sets being promoted throughout, and on the 6th and 7th day of the week, a vote will be held to choose which user's set represented the most creative and simultaneously competivitely viable set to utilize in the current UU metagame. Once the votes are tallied and a winner is crowned, the set will be archived in the OP and the process will start all over again for the next pokemon specimen. If your set wins, it will also contribute to the "points" also obtained from winning Research Week, potentially winning yourself a Community Contributor Badge nomination.

What are we looking for?:

Specifically, I want to stress the importance of the balance between creativity and viability when picking a set to post for the Pokemon in question. There's a very fine line between a "creative" set and a "gimmick", and this project is not meant to produce gimmicks, rather emphasize the ability to think outside the box when using a specific Pokemon in order to maximize it's potential. Having said that, I would also like to deviate from simple one move / item changes. For example, using Lum Berry over Life Orb on an SD Virizion does nothing to show any untapped potential Virizion has because we already have a basic understanding of what SD Virizion is and does, it's just now better at dealing with status and has less power. The same goes for using Iron Head over Stone Edge on SD Cobalion, it doesn't yield productive discussion or results for the project. I am looking for sets that test what we think we know about checks or counters, so-called standards, and what it means to be viable. Maybe a particular option for a Pokemon looks inferior at first glance for that particular pokemon, but dig deeper and try and find what it might mean in the big picture, for the entire team.

The next test subject is..

Espeon
Swamp Link - Specially Defensive Kyurem

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
The Speed EVs and Nature are used to outspeed Timid Roserade with the rest thrown into Special Defense and HP. Kyurem's HP stat is so naturally high that investing in it is less efficient than investing in defenses, so you max out Special Defense first. Ice Beam and Earth Power are staples on Kyurem for a STAB move and great coverage. These can threaten a number of common UU special attackers that Kyurem can check with this set like Starmie, Roserade, and Nidoking, among others. It's also great for switching into bulky Waters, although Scald burns are annoying. I recommend cleric support, but that shouldn't be too difficult when Florges, Umbreon, and Mega Ampharos are all very good. Dragon Tail is a nice phazing move that can shuffle your opponent around and phaze out stuff like Calm Mind Suicune and Slowbro. A Timid nature is used because you don't really care about the damage of Dragon Tail, just the effect, but if you really want you could use a Hasty Nature. Kyurem's natural bulk is actually very high, and so it can do some pretty impressive things. The set plays like a pivot that can switch into a wide range of special attackers, threaten them with fairly powerful attacks, stay healthy with Roost, and shuffle stuff with Dragon Tail. Kyurem's not a full wall, it doesn't switch into abusive attacks over and over, it's just a useful Pokemon. If it's your only way to deal with Crocune, you're weak to Crocune, but it is a nice switch into Crocune midgame. So, although Earth Power only 2HKO's Mega Houndoom, it can actually take hits from it quite well. Roserade can't 2HKO, is outsped and is KO'd by Ice Beam usually. Nidoking is countered if it doesn't carry Focus Blast, and even though Kyurem can't switch into Focus Blast well, it will outspeed and KO with Ice Beam. Although you definitely lose to Suicune, Kyurem can switch in at any time to phaze it out and take hits easily. A lot of Tornadus-T's run physical sets but a good old special Life Orb set is still good and you can take those fairly powerful Hurricanes. Mega Manectric doesn't stand a chance, and Shaymin needs to drop your Special Defense on the switch and hit 3 Seed Flares in a row (which will burn up most of its PP) in order to beat you. This is made more difficult since Ice Beam KO's after two turns of Life Orb recoil. Finally, Starmie can never 2HKO you with Leftovers considered, even if it carries Psyshock, which it usually doesn't. However, all of these calcs depend upon Stealth Rock not being down. Defog support is highly recommended with Kyurem for this reason, as it can be an extremely effective check to many top threats, but if it keeps switching into Stealth Rock, then it will be worn down.

EonX- Mixed Sunny Day Entei

Entei @ Life Orb / Heat Rock
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty
- Sunny Day
- Sacred Fire
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge

Hey, guess what Entei can actually do effectively now that it has Sacred Fire? Run a mixed Sunny Day set. So, basically, you use Sunny Day as your check or counter comes in and then rock their world with Solar Beam. Sun-boosted Sacred Fire is hurting a lot of shit pretty badly and that burn chance is always cool. Stone Edge is just so Fire-types can't take advantage of your sunlight. Since Entei isn't using any of its event moves, Hasty is usable so Solar Beam isn't gimped. Attack and Speed are maximized for obvious reasons. 4 EVs from Attack are moved to Special Attack to guarantee the OHKO on 248 / 244 Rhyperior with LO Solar Beam after Rocks and 1 layer of Spikes. Heat Rock extends the duration of Sunny Day while Life Orb raises damage output.

Dat Blast - SuperRachi

Jirachi @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

Punches holes mid-game and restores a teammate when it's done. Superachi is one of those sweepers who can't really ~sweep~ whole teams because it lacks the sheer Speed or staying power to do so, so Healing Wish is a good way to ensure you're still useful and ensures you're not utter deadweight against teams with like Umbreon or something. Healing Wish in general is a really clutch move for partners like Mega Blastoise, Victini, Nidoqueen, etc who all tend to get worn down really quickly, so restoring them back to full is an excellent form of support. Also unlike Scarf w/ HW it's actually decently strong after a boost or two + LO. Anyway the moves are more or less self-explanatory, Psyshock gets STAB and strong coverage against Nidos / Roserade / Fighting-types / etc, and lets you check opposing CMers in a pinch (albeit shakily). Tbolt donks Slowbro and does actual damage to Steels and Houndoom, though you could also use Energy Ball if you want to hit Grounds like Swampert / Gastrodon / Rhyperior / etc.

Calloflochie - Shift Gear Smeargle

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Def
Jolly Nature
- Spiky Shield / Magic Coat
- Shift Gear
- Spore / Dark Void
- Baton Pass

So pretty much all Smeargle is good at is setting up hazards and passing boosts so this will be yet another boosting set. The problem is that, I got in a bit late so everyone got all of the relatively standard Smeargle sets but luckily no one had taken this set yet.Ever since Generation 5, the generation that took boosting moves to a whole new level, Smeargle has been one of the premier abusers. Smash pass and Quiver pass are two strategies that have conquered every ladder from NU to Ubers and at the heart of all of this, has been this little painter. However, one of the moves introduced benefited the all but forgotten physical attackers, a move that not only raised the attack by one stage but also the speed by two. The move I am about and the crux of this set, Shift Gear. The one problem that I have with using Smeargle as a SmashPass administrator is that it absolutely needs Sash to guarantee it's boost, but also would really benefit from having a White Herb due to the drop in Defenses (granted you can run White Herb on the mon receiving but I hope i'm not the only one that thinks that fucking White Herb Nidoking is an awful idea n_n). QuiverPass is the same deal, even at +1, pretty much every common Scarfer in the tier is going to be beating you down before you can get off a pass. So why not Shift Gear, it lets me outspeed every relevant scarfer up to the infamous ScarfKou after a single boost, without having to face the fact whatever i'm bringing in is more than likely going to get raped by an attack and becoming extremely susceptible to priority. Shift gear takes advantage of a lot of the wonderful physical attackers that the UU tier has to offer, namely the fire types but not limited to other things like Heracross, Flygon, Honchkrow, Krookodile, Medicham, Crobat and hell even Machamp or Rhyperior could look pretty potent with a couple of boosts under it's belt.

Moving onto the set, Protect Spiky Shield over Kings Shield because I want to be protected from all the bullshit, not just attacking moves. I only just found out today that Tyranitar actually gets Thunder Wave, so I don't want to be taking any chances with random Thunder Waves raining on my parade. Protect Spiky Shield is also there for mons that like to lead and try to fuck with the Sash. AND YES I'M LOOKING DIRECTLY AT YOU AMBIPOM YOU LITTLE MONKEY SHIT. Mienshao is a weasel fuck too who tries to ruin poor Smeargle so yeah protect is there for that :]. Magic Coat also plays a mindgame with Venomoth but that's probably not the best idea and if they do have a Venomoth, I would recommend not leading with your Smeargle. Spore/Dark Void depending on if you're real/really badly need the pass for the team to function or if you have based luck on your side all the time and don't mind hitting a Dark Void. Baton pass, cause well, it's very hard to pass a boost to another mon without Baton Passing it. Obviously, Taunt fucks with Smeargle so Magic Coat can be used over Protect Spiky Shield but really it's the lesser of two evils. Do you want to get beaten by Taunt or by Lead Fake Out mons; it's up to you. Overall, this set is really good and honestly a pretty underrated one in today's meta given how good the Physical Attackers are and how lackluster most of the Physical Walls are.

Kitten Milk - Expert Belt Flygon

Flygon (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Fairly standard compared to most of the sets shown here, but good nonetheless. Expert Belt allows you to bluff the scarf (unless SE move hits, ofc), and still retains Flygon's respectable damage output. Fire Blast allows Flygon to get surprise kills on Forretress, and all but the most specially defensive sets will get straight OHKOd.

4 SpA Expert Belt Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 312-370 (88.1 - 104.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The reason that an entire set dedicated to killing forretress (and I suppose banded escavalier, to a lesser extent) is because of two things. 1. Forretress seems almost omnipresent in most balanced, stall and even hyper-offensive teams. 2. More importantly, these games usually revolve entirely around who can kill the other person's Forretress first. By eliminating a Forretress, you eliminate a tremendous amount of tankiness and utility that can easily swing the game in your favour, and you'll be able to do so by bluffing the choice item and killing with a surprise fire blast.

Calloflochie - Stallbreaker Chesnaught

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 180 Spd / 248 HP / 80 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Synthesis / Leech Seed
- Earthquake

This set acts a pseudo stallbreaker while still being able to function as a decent physical/mixed wall. Chester is one of the best mons to combat a lot of the Water types in the tier, namely Mega-Blastoise due to almost none of it's moves being able to hit it and the extremely common, Crocune. What this set basically aims to achieve is mess with a lot of the walls of the tier by Taunting them (therefore reduced their ability to support the team) and proceeding to Toxic pretty much anything that isn't a Poison or Steel type. Synthesis is basically there because I would much rather be healing 50% of my health than relying on Leech Seed 1. Hitting and 2. Hitting something with enough HP to warrant decent healing. Leech Seed hits stuff like Crobat on the switch in but Taunting a Crobat coming in is, in my opinion, just as beneficial. Earthquake is there over STAB options like Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer to be able to 1. Hit Poison Types coming in trying to force me out with offensive pressure and 2. Hit the Steel Types harder that would otherwise avoid Toxic e.g Jirachi and Metagross. The EVs basically can be changed but these are the ones I think are most effective for the set, 180 speed Jolly lets it outspeed everything up to Bulky 4/8 Speed Arcanine meaning that it can get the jump on walls including Forretress, Swampert, Hippowdon, Florges, Empoleon, Nidoqueen, Slowbro, Suicune, Snorlax, Umbreon, Trevenant, Vaporeon as well as many, many more (walling Defensive Roserade is really nice too). The Special Defense basically just tries to make up for Chesnaught's slightly more lackluster defensive stat and Max HP just gives Chesnaught more rounded bulk overall. So yeah, hopefully you enjoy the set and if you need a nice Mixed wall that can pretty much Toxic/EQ the entire defensive Metagame, then Chester is your man.

CoolStoryBrobat - Assault Vest Tentacruel

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body/Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 16 Spd / 120 SDef / 120 HP
Modest/Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin / Mirror Coat

Comical set, spare me any and all references to famous YouTuber BlameTruth, or I will stab you in the nose. This is basically an offensively-oriented Assault Vest Tentacruel set, and very simple and straightforward. Assault Vest allows Tentacruel to expand its excellent base 120 Sp. Def to even greater levels, allowing it to tank and survive hits from even the strongest special attackers in the UU environment. Scald and Sludge Wave are obligatory STAB options that get surprisingly decent neutral coverage together, while Giga Drain allows Tentacruel to get essential recovery to keep going while also being able to take on bulky waters and/or grounds. Rapid Spin is the preferred fourth moveslot option since this allows Tentacruel to maintain some of its utility and keep your team's side clear of hazards. However, Mirror Coat is a funny as hell move that will guaranteed you one pissed off person per game, provided you bait the hit, which isn't hard, in all honesty. The 16 Speed EVs are to outrun max Speed Adamant Metagross (Obscure benchmark but you don't really have much else worth outpacing that doesn't cost you a cubic ton of speed, considering Tentacruel's already-good-as-is base 100 Speed stat), while the HP and SpD EVs are slashed since you would get identical special bulk if you ran 0 HP / 240 SpD. Having the extra HP at least gives you a bit more bulk on both sides of the defensive spectrum, which is always welcome.

Of course, like any Assault Vest user, you don't just shove this guy into random hits and expect him to live and kill things back in return. It takes execution, and primarily would be used as an offensive pivot of sorts who can sponge a hit, throw one back, and go from there. Most of the Pokemon Tentacruel pivots on are the specially-oriented bulky Water-, Grass-, and Fire-type Pokemon, most of whom it can take hits from and deal back. Now while you can stomach a super-effective move like Thunderbolt from Raikou or something if you're healthy enough, it's highly recommended you avoid doing such, unless you're setting up the Mirror Coat. Which in itself is a one-time surprise since Tentacruel won't be able to do much else after taking too big of a hit, even if it lives. Naturally because of how easy it can be to wear down heedless of Giga Drain, get yourself some Wish support from either Umbreon or Florges. It doesn't matter which one, they both have good synergy with Tentacruel, however, Umbreon + Tentacruel isn't as easily broken by Nidoking. So there's that to consider.

Oh yeah. Clear Body is slashed with Liquid Ooze because they're both incredibly niche abilities overall. The most common stat drop you'll suffer will mainly be from Sticky Web. It could be useful for not getting SpD drops from Shaymin's Seed Flare, though. Liquid Ooze is cool for those stray Leech Seeds you may happen to switch into. Which most of the time will be from SubSeed Shaymin. Either way you slice it, SubSeed Shaymin gets smashed.

Dingbat- Life Orb Mixed Tangrowth

TANGLED CLUSTERFUCK @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpA
Nature: Quiet
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Knock Off
-Sludge Bomb/Power Whip

Tangrowth is usually known for being tanky with its 100/125/50 defenses whether it'd be a physical or a mixed one with Assault Vest, but this set instead utilizes its 100/110 Offensive stats, which is really neat for a defensive tank. It can effectively utilize a Life Orb, as Regenerator can patch up the Life Orb recoil.
Leaf Storm is Tangrowth's go-to move as it severely dents anything that doesn't resist it, Focus Blast is a great coverage move that hits Steels + Hydreigon on the switch, Knock Off does what Knock Off does best, while still doing relevant damage, and Sludge Bomb hits some other fellow Grass-types and Florges for super-effective damage. Power Whip, however, can be used over Sludge Bomb as it is a strong Physical STAB that is still capable of cleanly 2HKOing the bulky waters and any Florges that don't run Defense investment.

Proof of 2HKOs (all after Leftover recovery):
4 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 221-265 (54.7 - 65.5%)
4 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 229-273 (58.1 - 69.2%)
4 Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 231-273 (64.1 - 75.8%)

Calloflochie- Sub Calm Mind Chandelure

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 228 SAtk / 100 Spd / 176 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

When 145 Special Attack isn't enough, why not add a SpA stat booster with almost Unresisted Dual STAB with the added protection of a Substitute. Have you had enough of those Florges? Are Choiced Physical Attackers really getting you down? Give those fuckers the middle finger and set up a nice clean Calm Mind in their face. Basically, CM Chandy gives you the safety of a +1 in SpDef, the power of a god, the coverage of some sort of coverage god and yeah i don't know where i'm going with this so i'll stop, Chandy is just fucking powerful and CM makes it even stronger.

Basically the EV spread is there to get the absolute maximum out of every stat, the SpA hits the same as Modest Hydreigon or base 125s showing just how crazy powerful Chandy is even without max SpA and a modest nature. The Speed outspeeds standard Mew creeping Honch and basically everything under that. The HP not only allows it to hit a lefties number but also to live a Dark pulse AFTER rocks from Scarf Hydra at +1 and also survive a Life Orb Dark Pulse from Hydra without rocks at +1 so it gives Chandy some decent enuff bulk. It also allows Chandy to NEVER have it's sub broken by a Moonblast from Florges. But yeah, i'll provide some calcs of shit Chandy is romping at +1 or stuff that it can actually set up on/live hits from :] The speed is cause Porygon is still a total (BAN ME PLEASE) this generation and i really don't like it. Obviously stuff still walls this like Snorlax, P2 , Doomers etc but they're all weak to fighting so just pack one of those guys and you should be set to go. Hope you enjoy the set and yeah, use Sub CM chandy, it's honestly quite a big threat in this meta ;_;7

CoolStoryBrobat- Swords Dance Empoleon

Empoleon @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall / Drill Peck
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

SD Empoleon. Straightforward, friendly, and fun for the whole family! Thanks to its useful heap of resistances, it's able to set up on various defensive mons, as well as a few offensive Pokemon, including Choice users locked into an ineffective move. Stuff like Florges, Crobat, Fletchinder, Jirachi (Iron Head kinda bites but it's not gonna just sit there lol. It fears SCLAD, and 60% flinch chance isn't 100%), CLOYSTER, Noivern (lacking Focus Blast), Slowbro, defensive Mew, and so on can be setup bait for this Empoleon set. With Life Orb, you maximize your damage output and can secure vital 2HKOes on certain mons (as will be shown in calcs below), meanwhile Lum Berry allows you to set up on bulky Waters/Mew more easily, giving you a free turn against status from Scald/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp, etc.

Waterfall and Knock Off offer optimal coverage, being walled only by Virizion, Toxicroak, Sharpedo (lol), Hydreigon, and Chesnaught, but Drill Peck can be used to nail most of these mons on the switch upside the head, since Aqua Jet maintains your STAB Water coverage and still hits respectably hard after a Swords Dance. Aqua Jet's also your essential priority, which is kinda needed given Empoleon is slow as dirt. Knock off's a cool move that pretty much has no reason to NOT be used given the Psychic-types such as Mew and Slowbro you beat, as well as the utility of removing the opponent's items. Granted, Empoleon even after a boost can still be checked by crap like Mega Blastoise, those mons I mentioned who resist Water/Dark coverage, Mega Ampharos, Mega Manectric (while it's here anyway), and Mega Aggron. Keep offensive teammates who hit hard and lay hazards around to keep these guys at bay, as at the absolute worst, most of them aren't hard to wear down at all, which can pave the way for Empoleon to sweep. You'll want to play this guy mid-game when the surprise factor is most likely to be at its strongest, as most will expect the standard defensive Defog/SR/Scald set. SD Empoleon also busts up the infamous "Pink core" of Slowbro/Florges/Mew with proper execution (Just set up on Florges as you force it out bruh, though Lum is more likely to be required) so there's that to consider also.

...Oh yeah, and Defiant lets you get a free +2 switching in on a Defog, which is pretty useful considering the only Defoggers who still beat you even at +2 are bulky Flygon and Salamence (if it ends up staying UU). It also sets up on just about every spinner in the tier barring Hitmontop Mega Blastoise, (LO Starmie's Thunderbolt is only a 2HKO cause it sucks) so yeah...More setup for everyone! It also activates w/Sticky Web, so if you see a Galvantula or Shuckle, go nuts.

Swamp Link- Mixed LO Metagross

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 220 Atk / 160 SpA / 128 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire

I posted this in the analysis, but I've never seen anyone else use it, and it's a cool wallbreaker that don't take no shit.

160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 205-242 (52 - 61.4%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 190-224 (47 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 187-221 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Swampert: 369-437 (91.3 - 108.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 478-567 (121.3 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 380-452 (107.3 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Donphan: 317-374 (82.5 - 97.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 330-390 (78.5 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
160 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
220+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Umbreon: 196-231 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
220+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
220+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 437-515 (121.3 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
220+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 153-183 (40.9 - 48.9%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Not much more to say, with good prediction you can dismantle a lot of defensive cores. Unfortunately standard defensive Mew outspeeds, but you can't win them all.

Calloflochie- Choice Band Goodra

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Gooey / Sap Sipper
EVs: 96 Spd / 252 Atk / 160 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

CUZ CHOICE BAND ON MAINLY SPECIAL ATTACKER LOLOL GET ROOSED NERDZ!!!! Basically Goodra baits in a bunch of shit that would normally switch in to it and smashes them with good coverage and high base power moves :] Not really much else to say tbh. Oh the EVs are so with the help of Gooey, Goodra can outspeed base 100s that make physical contact with it. Conversely, if you want to use Sap Sipper that's also an option so basically you can pick whichever one you want :] Max Attack to hit shit hard and the rest in HP to still be a decent bulky pivot.

Cause calcs are the only thing that makes these different sets kinda cool :]
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 487-574 (68.2 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Swampert: 560-660 (138.6 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 236-278 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 238-282 (65.3 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 306-362 (85 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Umbreon: 247-292 (62.6 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 382-450 (72.9 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 230-272 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 720-848 (187.5 - 220.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Basically just use Goodra as a surprise wallbreaker and always assume they think you're special so predict accordingly and watch a bunch of walls crumble. Cmon guys just put a choice item on a mon with good moves and mixed attacking stats, it's not that hard rofl :]]

Swamp Link- Specially Defensive Stallbreaker Hydreigon

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SDef / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Dark Pulse

Yeah, sure, you could just go for a balls-deep mixed Life Orb wallbreaker, or you could bring some TRUE INNOVATION. Specially Defensive Stallbreaker Hydreigon. Sure, it loses to Florges, but lol who uses that anymore? This set beats the fuck out of Blissey no prediction needed. Taunt + Dark Pulse beats Mew and bulky waters as well. Basically, if it's not a Fairy-type, that wall loses to this. This thing also checks Chandelure, Mega Houndoom, etc. The Speed EVs outrun non-Scarf Darmanitan and other base 95s. It can do work against pif stall especially, yo. Cool set, you want this.

EDIT: smh the tyrants of this forum demand some bullshit calcs

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Hydreigon: 170-201 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery such counter
0 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 254-300 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery many damage
Blissey Seismic Toss vs. 252 HP Hydreigon: 100-100 (25.7 - 25.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery wow

Calloflochie- Calm Mind Encore Alakazam

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Calm Mind
- Encore
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam / Shadow Ball

Cause breaking Stall is always a fun thing to do n_n A normally forgotten move on Alakazam ,Calm Mind can indeed be a very useful tool allowing him yo reliably 2HKO mons like Florges and Blissey after a boost and OHKO Sableye 75% of the time after SR (one of the premier switch ins to Alakazam). Encore is there for mons like Honchkrow that try to revenge with Sucker Punch and basically grants you free set up if it chooses to stay in :] Fairy + Psychic Coverage is probably the best that Alakazam needs/has since Dark- Types and Bug-Types (namely Heracross) are going to be the ones trying to revenge it and tbh there are better ways to deal with Jirachi than trying to kill it with Shadow Ball :] Shadow ball, however, does have it's uses of being able to break through things like Mew but it's better to have an Alakazam set that can get past Dark-Types than Psychic-Types IMO. Encore also reduces the need to predict vs things like Honchkrow since you can guarantee survival if the Sash is in tact and act accordingly on the move it locks itself into (If Brave Bird, you can outspeed and KO. If Sucker Punch, you just set up as much as you please :] ). EVs are pretty basic, not really much need for explanation since literally the only two stats worth investing in on Alakazam are Special Attack and Speed. Standard.Calcs cause they important :] Oh and Encore helps it win CM wars with shit like Suicune and Slowbro since they're forced to attack with 0 boosts unless they want to get Encore'd.
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 364-430 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 232 Def Florges: 207-244 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 254-300 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 286-337 (54.5 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 169-199 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 44.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
These are the important calcs that CM lets Alakazam break through but there's obviously other stuff that it does significant damage too after a CM boost.
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin: 202-238 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 231-273 (69.7 - 82.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 271-319 (96.4 - 113.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 169-199 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 44.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 271-319 (70.5 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Now, although these calcs might not look that impressive, keep in mind that if the user of mons like Milotic, Aero, Blissey etc try to recover or do something but attack you, this just grants you more set up :] So Encore is really a fantastic move to have alongside Calm Mind and allows Alakazam to become even more of a threat in the meta than it already is :]

Kitten Milk- Trick Room Weakness Policy Victini

Victini @ Weakness Policy aka KNOCK OFF. I DARE YOU.
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot

This is hands down my favourite victini set (and probably favourite set of any pokemon in the entire tier), and it's insanely viable as well. Trick Room Victini was certainly a thing last generation ( and underused then too ! ), but it really lacked the explosive power and surprise value that it has now. It was forced to run charcoal/flame plate or life orb, both of which were nice, but still meant it wasn't hitting the insane damage band was.

However, 6th gen and the introduction of the mostly-horrible Weakness Policy made TRTini instantly godlike. Here are a list of common attacks in the UU tier that will break Victini's WP without killing it.

252 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 290-344 (71.7 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 270-318 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 226-266 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 180-212 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Azelf Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 170-200 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 332-392 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 284-336 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 250-300 (61.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Darmanitan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 230-272 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 226-268 (55.9 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Empoleon Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 188-224 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 328-388 (81.1 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 272-324 (67.3 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 206-244 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 236-282 (58.4 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 367-432 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 276-326 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kingdra Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 288-342 (71.2 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 306-360 (75.7 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 221-263 (54.7 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 229-270 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 248-292 (61.3 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Mew Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 268-317 (66.3 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Milotic Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 174-206 (43 - 50.9%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 377-447 (93.3 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 374-439 (92.5 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 214-252 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Sableye Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 270-320 (66.8 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 174-206 (43 - 50.9%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 158-186 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 390-460 (96.5 - 113.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 158-188 (39.1 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 236-278 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 144-170 (35.6 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 218-257 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Victini: 284-336 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

TEXT= ONLY A CHANCE TO LIVE

In case you're wondering? Yes, this is literally every single super effective attack in UU. Victini can survive EVERY SINGLE STANDARD SUPER EFFECTIVE ATTACK IN UU. (or at least have a chance to :o) (note that i'm obv not including things like bandpert or rumons, or niche moves/sets, but you get the point. it can stay in on basically everything).

"But Kitten? Victini isn't really that slow! So some of these things can just 2HKO you!". Yes, that's true. In neutral momentum, you will still be "outsped" while setting up trick room. So, be aware of that! Without any -Spe boosts, Victini "outspeeds" everything above 75 speed, uninvested, in Trick Room. With one -Spe boost, it "outspeeds" everything above base ~43 speed, uninvested. With two -Spe boosts, it "outspeeds" base 30s uninvested. This may take a while to get used to, but once you do you'll be able to use and predict with Victini correctly in order to get the WP boost off.

A nice hidden perk to WPTR Victini is that it can switch into pokes that only run Knock Off (Mew, Azelf, Sableye) with 0 fear, eat up knock offs meant for its team, and start its sweep. This is often the easiest and safest way to get your Weakness Policy off, but it certainly isn't the only way.

Oh, at this point I should probably compile the list of what doesn't die to Victini after WP.

+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 258-303 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine: 183-216 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Entei: 307-362 (82.5 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 360-423 (93.7 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 293-345 (90.1 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 270-318 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Krookodile: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 253-298 (83.2 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 350-412 (88.8 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 382-450 (72.9 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 340-400 (84.1 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 268-316 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Text = Chance to Kill

So, after you get all your boosts and are ready to sweep, there are exactly 7 things in the tier that can reliably stop you defensively. With Stealth Rock, there are three. With Stealth Rock and one layer of Spikes, there is only fucking defensive Arcanine being a little bitch =(.

Replay #1 : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-136177621

TRWP Victini cleans up. As soon as entei was out of the way and Suicune had a little bit of damage, I knew I could set up on anything and finish up. Aerodactyl proved the perfect set-up bait =).

Replay #2 : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-136196475

TR Victini rips major holes in his team. The rest of his team was still a major problem so it ended up being extremely close, but it's a great match that showcases how devastating this set can be early game too.

Replay #3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-136231134

Just a simple clean-up with Mega-Aerodactyl acting as set-up again.

CoolStoryBrobat- Choice Scarf Shaymin
Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish / Psychic / Air Slash

Scarfmin. It's not your typical Choice Scarf user but Shaymin brings some of its own perks to the table: 1) the surprise factor it has to nail a number of Pokemon (mainly opposing Choice Scarf users) who think they'd get the jump on Shaymin, such as Darmanitan, Victini (ties don't exist, they're part of your imagination that doesn't believe in winning coin flips), Hydreigon, Alakazam, Infernape, Raikou, Noivern, Crobat, so on, and so forth. 2) Unlike most other Scarfers, it has great bulk all around and a fairly-decent typing, both of which it can make use of to take a blow in an emergency and still come out on top. 3) The ability to wallbreak while revenge killing/cleaning, thanks to Seed Flare's high chance of dropping the target's SpD. 4) It's incredibly freaking cute, how can you say no to that? 5) Oh yeah it also has access to Healing Wish, which works great with Choice Scarf since after Shaymin has done its job, it allows Shaymin to get the move off first and give a second life to a weakened Pokemon to take the game back into your favor.

Seed Flare, Earth Power, and Dazzling Gleam give you pretty much perfect coverage to hit everything for neutral damage if not super effective at least, missing out only on Crobat, who can be covered by Psychic if you really find it an issue. (Shaymin's also a heck of a good lure for Crobat and the guy using it will not expect you to outrun it and hit it a second time for the KO). Air Slash can be used if you hate opposing Grass-types like Roserade, other Shaymin, etc. but they're better left up to other Pokemon in most cases.

The big draws to this set that make it stand out from just any regular set are the surprise factor and its access to Healing Wish. Take advantage early-game by knocking out a slower Scarfer/mon who typically outspeeds but isn't wearing a scarf with the appropriate move to make your opponent hold their head in frustration. Mid-game, use Seed Flare to soften things up so Shaymin can wallbreak (or so its partners can wallbreak) after a SpD drop has been inflicted. Late-game, unleash Healing Wish (if you opt to use it) to bring one of your Pokemon back in the game to wrap things up. Very simple, bruh bruh.

RowDog- Binding Band SpDef Mew

Mew @ Binding Band
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

WTF does it do? This is your Sp.Def Mew with a twist. Its time to get rid of your stallbreaker Mew with Taunt, because Infestation is here to wreck havoc. The goal of this set is trap clerics and dispose of them, cripple them or drain them of a tonne of PP. Clerics just be walking along thinking they can get off a Wish heal or something on Mew and don't feel threatened by it when all of a sudden they are trapped. With the combination of Binding Band Infestation and Will-O-Wisp, it does 29% of there HP at the end of each turn, in tandem with the extra damage from Knock Off. That means you are guaranteed to be doing more damage than what a cleric can heal off with Wish. Clerics can also do next to nothing back against Mew. Seismic Toss from Blissey is a 5HKO, same with Florges' Moonblast. There are also a couple of benefits of using Infestation over traditional stallbreaker Mew with Taunt. 1) Clerics can simply switch out of Stallbreaker Mew and get the chance to heal later if Mew is not in AND 2) It beats Aromatisse 1 on 1.
This set also performs other benefits for the team in its ability to trap common Poison-Types including Roserade and the NidoRoyals very well for a team carrying T-Spikes. And even if it is not trapping Pokes, it still performs the role of being a Specially Defensive nuisance with Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp and Roost.
NOTE: you should also be running some speed creep to increase the amount of Pokemon that you can trap.

Replays of successful traps (I forgot the nature so it takes some hits a bit harder than what it should have when I was playing these games):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-138047649
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-138045619
Kitten Milk- WP Baton Pass Celebi

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover / Healing Wish
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain

This little fucker is a god. For once, Celebi's incredibly stupid amount of weaknesses (Dark / Ghost / Fire / Bug / Flying / Poison ) helps it out tremendously, as it can reliably predict special effective hits and Baton Pass the boosts immediately to a recipient - all in one turn. I really got into using this set in the Torn-T era, as all three of Torn's main physical moves would set it off and not kill (even though it's SpD!).

Celebi isn't entirely useless outside of the WP-Pass either - it can set up Stealth Rocks, do respectable damage with Giga Drain, and heal itself or others. Healing Wish and Baton Pass might seem iffy, but this set is full utility, so having the ability to heal something after your WP/BP has been expended can be very valuable.

Special defense EVs enable celebi to take extraordinarily strong special super effective hits (dark, ghost, and fire are usually more special, the ones you can survive anyway) and pass the boosts.

Some great recipients are Mixed Infernape, Mixed Lucario, and mixed Sharpedo. Have fun ;)

Sage Of The 6- Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Defog/Roost

Aerodactyl already checks an insane amount of threats in UU. But there are many walls or tanks in the tier it can't threaten, Mega Aggron, Hippowdon, Slowbro, etc. But what if you could eliminate te threat you were checking before it has a chance to switch? Enter Pursuit, a move that kills before the prey reacts.

But Sage, Aerodactyl isn't a Dark type, this must suck. Nope, with a combination of Tough Claws, Max Attack Adamant, and his natural speed to outrun things, Pursuit is a move worth running on Aerodactyl. Take a Scarf Victini who just killed something off with a V-Create. Mega Aero comes in, and they flee not wanting to eat a Stone Edge. To their horror, -1 Victini is OHKOed by Pursuit. This move might not seem as appealing as coverage, but it prevents many things Aero checks from ever seeing the battlefield again. Dual STABs are present so that Aerodactyl can continue to check most Fighting types than if we lost Aerial Ace.

EVs outspeed Noivern, max Attack, rest put in HP. The 4th Slot is up to you, Roost, Defog, Stealth Rocks and Aqua Tail are all viable. Didn't put 4 slashes on main set because that's stupid. Have fun killing a lot more than you would before XD!!!!!

Open 4 epic Pursuit Calcs all done with 80 BP Pursuit
[hide[
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 284-336 (108.8 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 260-308 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after a Stealth Rock * or after a V-create

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 186-219 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 300-354 (114.9 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP/ 0 Def Celebi: 260-308 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: Do I even need to post this lol? Even if Zam stays in very high chance to OHKO.

Chimpact - Weakness Policy CP Starmie

Starmie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure / Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Recycle

Cosmic power til you take nothing from anything. Knock off is like the most common move and it triggers weakness policy. Recycle to get you more boosts and then scald because it's stupid and broken. Speed is to outspeed max speed mew which may carry taunt. Unfortunately you can't outspeed Aero / Crobat.

President Shinra- Bulk Up Taunt Krookodile

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

This set disguises itself as a standard support Krook as it comes in, what with Taunt and Intimidate. However, this set is actually a threatening setup sweeper, mainly thanks to Bulk Up. After one bulk up, STAB Earthquakes and Knock Offs can take huge chunks out of a lot of the metagame.

+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 177-211 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 453-534 (63.4 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 326-386 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 292-345 (93.8 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 224 Def Florges: 259-306 (71.9 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recoveryrecovery

It can even take some very powerful hits on the physical side following either an Intimidate or a Bulk Up:

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 295-348 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 270-320 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 234-276 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 109-129 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

STAB Earthquakes and Knock Offs kill in return following these hits (or 2HKO in Aerodactyl's case). If Krookodile has both an Intimidate and +1, tanking these hits is even easier.

Meru- DD White Herb Scrafty

Scrafty @ Mental Herb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

This is totally crossing into the realms of cold hard counterteaming, but this guy is perfect for doing good strong damage to Froslass teams. This was honestly the best thing I could come up with since +1 Scrafty doesn't even outspeed +spe 115s, and other sets are either too weak or slow to do anything else. Thanks to Mental Herb ignoring Taunt, you get a free Dragon Dance in her face, and with the above EVs, you're now faster than everything up to +spe Tornadus, whom you tie. Shed Skin comes into play as the ability to bypass even Thunder Wave Froslass. You can then DD again to outspeed even Crobat, Maero, and Scarf Hydreigon, subjecting the rest of the team to your mercy. However, it's better to just Knock Off, as going for the second DD means Froslass can Taunt you, and then Destiny Bond at its Sash to force you out and/or trade, meaning you accomplished nothing but a 1-1 (although definitely not a bad trade at all). However, if it looks like you can pull off getting the second DD, you're looking at some good strong damage. Since Scrafty has the bulk to take Extremespeeds even at half health, Lucario does nothing to stop its sweep. It also has a 4x resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning neither Honchkrow nor Mega Absol revenge kill you. Froslass teams can't even use Sableye to halt your sweep, as Shed Skin neutralizes any Prankster Will-O-Wisp attempts.

High Jump Kick is extremely strong at +1, OHKOing Haxorus and threatening to 2HKO bulky offensive and balance 'mons like Mega Blastoise, Swampert, and PDef Mega Amph. A lot of walls survive the 2HKO like Hippowdon and Forrretress, but they don't appreciate their Leftovers being hit by a good strong Knock Off. To be honest I could keep going, but I'm gonna keep this specific to Froslass teams. Since they're not used to facing +2 Scrafty, the three common Flying-types used on those teams as universal checks no longer apply. Mega Aerodactyl dies to +2 HJK, Noivern dies to +2 Knock Off, and Crobat dies to +2 Zen Headbutt. Speaking of which, Scrafty's Psychic-type coverage also allows it to get past Heracross, Nidoqueen, and Toxicroak.

A lot of this set also applies to Coba Berry Crobat, but I know some nerd is gonna get mad if I slash it, so I'm gonna just mention it so nobody else can take it :^)

kokoloko - Specially Defensive BU Tornadus

SpD tornadus is good..... but with bulk up.
Kitten Milk's set is like super standard lol thats what i used in my rain team. that post sounds more like its promoting water spout megablaster anyway lol

my entry is:

Tornadus @ No Item / Chesto Berry
Prankster
Careful
248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Bulk Up

Prankster Bulk Up, Rest, and Sleep Talk makes this a pretty cool set. Chesto is good if you don't mind having to Rest once before attacking, otherwise just use no item. 48 Spe beats Adamant Heracross, but you can go up to Jolly Hera if you don't mind losing a ton of bulk (needs 52 Speed Jolly). You can also dump the 212 into Def to switch into Hera/Mienshao easier, but 1. then you can't set up on bulky waters as easily and 2. Heraross is leaving in 4 days so fuck it.

Kitten Milk - TW CM Suicune

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I don't have much experience using or fighting against this set, but it's self-explanatory enough. Tailwind supporter for tailwind teams, Calm Mind and decent coverage/SpA turns it into an offensive threat while still utilizing cune's great bulk. 216 Spe outspeeds Scarf Infernape at +2 and outspeeds Modest Chandelure without the boost.

a replay of the set in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-19680

You should really really ask user Meru if you want to learn more about this set !!!!! :)( @!

Mazz - Sash Anti-Lead Zoroark

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
0 Def, 0 SpD
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Counter
- Memento

Zoroark has always been seen as a sneakily offensive bloke that used illusions to have his way with opponents. Now that his best buddy Heracross has left for greener pastures, it's time for Zoroark to make its own name for itself.

In terms of keeping trend with whoring the "Other Options" list off of the current WIP version of the Gen VI Zoroark analysis, I bring you Anti-Lead Zoroark. With its base 105 Speed stat, Zoroark can quickly and easily prevent opposing leads from laying hazards or setting up with Taunt or Knock Off. Once it appears that your enemy is ready to strike and there's no hope for victory, Zoroark can use Counter, fall back on its Focus Sash, and remove any physical threat it may have been matched up against. At that point, Zoroark can then utilize that last percentage of HP and sacrifice itself and give room for a teammate to begin a set up and potentially win the match.

I've found this set (in the 30 or so minutes I've used it) to be exceptionally useful in aiding Lucario and Alakazam setups. Nobody in their right mind would ever expect a Zoroak to run a set like this, and that's why it works. The sheer reaction of watching someone's Infernape or other physical attacker get squashed by a Counter, then to see their next switch-in reduced to the strength of a wet noodle is beautiful. Borderline poetic. I will admit though, you need a fair bit of luck to run this thing (offensive leads with Stealth Rock like to play mind games), and because of how quickly hazards will wreck it, you're essentially forced to lead with it.

Personally, I've never found Zoroark to be particularly good offensively. It's ridiculously frail as far as sweepers go, and there's always been better options. Mega-Houndoom does the whole Nasty Plot routine better, Hydreigon's dual STAB and access to the more reliable Superpower gives it a better role in the realm of mixed attacking (quite honestly, I don't like the idea of mixed attackers anyways), and even its choice sets are done better by practically every other choice user out there.
[/hide]

Last edited:
fuck character limit

Kitten Milk- WP Baton Pass Celebi

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover / Healing Wish
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain

This little fucker is a god. For once, Celebi's incredibly stupid amount of weaknesses (Dark / Ghost / Fire / Bug / Flying / Poison ) helps it out tremendously, as it can reliably predict special effective hits and Baton Pass the boosts immediately to a recipient - all in one turn. I really got into using this set in the Torn-T era, as all three of Torn's main physical moves would set it off and not kill (even though it's SpD!).

Celebi isn't entirely useless outside of the WP-Pass either - it can set up Stealth Rocks, do respectable damage with Giga Drain, and heal itself or others. Healing Wish and Baton Pass might seem iffy, but this set is full utility, so having the ability to heal something after your WP/BP has been expended can be very valuable.

Special defense EVs enable celebi to take extraordinarily strong special super effective hits (dark, ghost, and fire are usually more special, the ones you can survive anyway) and pass the boosts.

Some great recipients are Mixed Infernape, Mixed Lucario, and mixed Sharpedo. Have fun ;)

Sage Of The 6- Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Defog/Roost

Aerodactyl already checks an insane amount of threats in UU. But there are many walls or tanks in the tier it can't threaten, Mega Aggron, Hippowdon, Slowbro, etc. But what if you could eliminate te threat you were checking before it has a chance to switch? Enter Pursuit, a move that kills before the prey reacts.

But Sage, Aerodactyl isn't a Dark type, this must suck. Nope, with a combination of Tough Claws, Max Attack Adamant, and his natural speed to outrun things, Pursuit is a move worth running on Aerodactyl. Take a Scarf Victini who just killed something off with a V-Create. Mega Aero comes in, and they flee not wanting to eat a Stone Edge. To their horror, -1 Victini is OHKOed by Pursuit. This move might not seem as appealing as coverage, but it prevents many things Aero checks from ever seeing the battlefield again. Dual STABs are present so that Aerodactyl can continue to check most Fighting types than if we lost Aerial Ace.

EVs outspeed Noivern, max Attack, rest put in HP. The 4th Slot is up to you, Roost, Defog, Stealth Rocks and Aqua Tail are all viable. Didn't put 4 slashes on main set because that's stupid. Have fun killing a lot more than you would before XD!!!!!

Open 4 epic Pursuit Calcs all done with 80 BP Pursuit
[hide[
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 284-336 (108.8 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 260-308 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after a Stealth Rock * or after a V-create

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 186-219 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 300-354 (114.9 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 252 HP/ 0 Def Celebi: 260-308 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: Do I even need to post this lol? Even if Zam stays in very high chance to OHKO.

Chimpact - Weakness Policy CP Starmie

Starmie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure / Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Recycle

Cosmic power til you take nothing from anything. Knock off is like the most common move and it triggers weakness policy. Recycle to get you more boosts and then scald because it's stupid and broken. Speed is to outspeed max speed mew which may carry taunt. Unfortunately you can't outspeed Aero / Crobat.

President Shinra- Bulk Up Taunt Krookodile

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

This set disguises itself as a standard support Krook as it comes in, what with Taunt and Intimidate. However, this set is actually a threatening setup sweeper, mainly thanks to Bulk Up. After one bulk up, STAB Earthquakes and Knock Offs can take huge chunks out of a lot of the metagame.

+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 177-211 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 453-534 (63.4 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 326-386 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 292-345 (93.8 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 224 Def Florges: 259-306 (71.9 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recoveryrecovery

It can even take some very powerful hits on the physical side following either an Intimidate or a Bulk Up:

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 295-348 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 270-320 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 234-276 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. +1 156 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 109-129 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

STAB Earthquakes and Knock Offs kill in return following these hits (or 2HKO in Aerodactyl's case). If Krookodile has both an Intimidate and +1, tanking these hits is even easier.

Meru- DD White Herb Scrafty

Scrafty @ Mental Herb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

This is totally crossing into the realms of cold hard counterteaming, but this guy is perfect for doing good strong damage to Froslass teams. This was honestly the best thing I could come up with since +1 Scrafty doesn't even outspeed +spe 115s, and other sets are either too weak or slow to do anything else. Thanks to Mental Herb ignoring Taunt, you get a free Dragon Dance in her face, and with the above EVs, you're now faster than everything up to +spe Tornadus, whom you tie. Shed Skin comes into play as the ability to bypass even Thunder Wave Froslass. You can then DD again to outspeed even Crobat, Maero, and Scarf Hydreigon, subjecting the rest of the team to your mercy. However, it's better to just Knock Off, as going for the second DD means Froslass can Taunt you, and then Destiny Bond at its Sash to force you out and/or trade, meaning you accomplished nothing but a 1-1 (although definitely not a bad trade at all). However, if it looks like you can pull off getting the second DD, you're looking at some good strong damage. Since Scrafty has the bulk to take Extremespeeds even at half health, Lucario does nothing to stop its sweep. It also has a 4x resistance to Sucker Punch, meaning neither Honchkrow nor Mega Absol revenge kill you. Froslass teams can't even use Sableye to halt your sweep, as Shed Skin neutralizes any Prankster Will-O-Wisp attempts.

High Jump Kick is extremely strong at +1, OHKOing Haxorus and threatening to 2HKO bulky offensive and balance 'mons like Mega Blastoise, Swampert, and PDef Mega Amph. A lot of walls survive the 2HKO like Hippowdon and Forrretress, but they don't appreciate their Leftovers being hit by a good strong Knock Off. To be honest I could keep going, but I'm gonna keep this specific to Froslass teams. Since they're not used to facing +2 Scrafty, the three common Flying-types used on those teams as universal checks no longer apply. Mega Aerodactyl dies to +2 HJK, Noivern dies to +2 Knock Off, and Crobat dies to +2 Zen Headbutt. Speaking of which, Scrafty's Psychic-type coverage also allows it to get past Heracross, Nidoqueen, and Toxicroak.

A lot of this set also applies to Coba Berry Crobat, but I know some nerd is gonna get mad if I slash it, so I'm gonna just mention it so nobody else can take it :^)

kokoloko - Specially Defensive BU Tornadus

SpD tornadus is good..... but with bulk up.
Kitten Milk's set is like super standard lol thats what i used in my rain team. that post sounds more like its promoting water spout megablaster anyway lol

my entry is:

Tornadus @ No Item / Chesto Berry
Prankster
Careful
248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Bulk Up

Prankster Bulk Up, Rest, and Sleep Talk makes this a pretty cool set. Chesto is good if you don't mind having to Rest once before attacking, otherwise just use no item. 48 Spe beats Adamant Heracross, but you can go up to Jolly Hera if you don't mind losing a ton of bulk (needs 52 Speed Jolly). You can also dump the 212 into Def to switch into Hera/Mienshao easier, but 1. then you can't set up on bulky waters as easily and 2. Heraross is leaving in 4 days so fuck it.

Kitten Milk - TW CM Suicune

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I don't have much experience using or fighting against this set, but it's self-explanatory enough. Tailwind supporter for tailwind teams, Calm Mind and decent coverage/SpA turns it into an offensive threat while still utilizing cune's great bulk. 216 Spe outspeeds Scarf Infernape at +2 and outspeeds Modest Chandelure without the boost.

a replay of the set in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-19680

You should really really ask user Meru if you want to learn more about this set !!!!! :)( @!

Mazz - Sash Anti-Lead Zoroark

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
0 Def, 0 SpD
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Counter
- Memento

Zoroark has always been seen as a sneakily offensive bloke that used illusions to have his way with opponents. Now that his best buddy Heracross has left for greener pastures, it's time for Zoroark to make its own name for itself.

In terms of keeping trend with whoring the "Other Options" list off of the current WIP version of the Gen VI Zoroark analysis, I bring you Anti-Lead Zoroark. With its base 105 Speed stat, Zoroark can quickly and easily prevent opposing leads from laying hazards or setting up with Taunt or Knock Off. Once it appears that your enemy is ready to strike and there's no hope for victory, Zoroark can use Counter, fall back on its Focus Sash, and remove any physical threat it may have been matched up against. At that point, Zoroark can then utilize that last percentage of HP and sacrifice itself and give room for a teammate to begin a set up and potentially win the match.

I've found this set (in the 30 or so minutes I've used it) to be exceptionally useful in aiding Lucario and Alakazam setups. Nobody in their right mind would ever expect a Zoroak to run a set like this, and that's why it works. The sheer reaction of watching someone's Infernape or other physical attacker get squashed by a Counter, then to see their next switch-in reduced to the strength of a wet noodle is beautiful. Borderline poetic. I will admit though, you need a fair bit of luck to run this thing (offensive leads with Stealth Rock like to play mind games), and because of how quickly hazards will wreck it, you're essentially forced to lead with it.

Personally, I've never found Zoroark to be particularly good offensively. It's ridiculously frail as far as sweepers go, and there's always been better options. Mega-Houndoom does the whole Nasty Plot routine better, Hydreigon's dual STAB and access to the more reliable Superpower gives it a better role in the realm of mixed attacking (quite honestly, I don't like the idea of mixed attackers anyways), and even its choice sets are done better by practically every other choice user out there.

kokoloko - Stallbreaker Infernape

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish / Bold Nature
- Fire Punch / Flamethrower / Close Combat
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Basically its cool because its a stallbreaker that doesn't insta-lose to Sableye (Fire Punch does 54 min). No Slowbro means its a really nice way to wear down Suicune as well. Speed beats max Jolly Metagross.

Sage Of The 6 - Life Orb Nature Power Whimsicott

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Nature Power
- U-Turn/Memento

OK so Tri Attack Whim is really awesome, it can revenge kill a lot of weakened scarfers and Set up Sweepers, and while it won't OHKO them it just cleans well and you basically can't outspeed it except for stuff like E-speed Luke (who resists anyway so), just some calcs on set up sweepers and Scarfers to show merit it has at revenging. Also run Memento if you want in last slot, doesn't matter.

On my phone, computer broken (sorry showdown frens) can't do calcs and am lazy so it does around 50% to 55% on Shao and Absol, 75 to 90 on Cloyster, (kills if -1) 45 to 50 on Haxorus, so it has some decent power. Also just shreks anything under 25% trying to kill you when your low on HP and you surprise them :)

Kitten Milk - Last Resort Meloetta

Meloetta @ Silk Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Relic Song
- Last Resort

so this set capitalizes on the relative uncommonness of ghosts in the UU Metagame in order to wreak havoc on teams. With a blistering 128 spe stat and an impressive 128 atk stat, melo-p is a huge threat - especially when it can spam a base 130 STAB attack. The general concept is this - bring it in on a weakened threat and finish that threat off with Relic Song (or just do it against something that can't hurt you), then spam Last Resort and sweep the rest of the team, bar steels and random rock types I guess. the freedom to switch back and forth across formes is important because it lets you play mindgames around stuff like mega blastoise. relic song also has that beautiful 20% sleep chance if you're really desperate.

will update with replays, but it does fucking work ok

st123 - RestTalk Machamp

Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

So this set helps to circumvent one of Machamp's biggest issues with longevity. Premise is to smack around stuff with Life Orb boosted attacks, eventually resting and then throwing out some Guts powered Life Orb attacks. It acts as a decent sleep absorber and the damage is pretty horrifying. Relies a little bit on good Sleep Talk rolls but least its not Dynamic Punch.

252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Machamp Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 274-325 (67.8 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Machamp Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 214-253 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 272-321 (72.9 - 86%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 255-300 (72.2 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 286-337 (94 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

King UU - Anti - Lead Azelf

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: *4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower/Fireblast
- Grass Knot
- Explosion/Knock off
*evs can be tweaked depending on your wall-breaking requirements for your team
In general, this is a set that most people just don't prepare for. Upon seeing the sash + taunt, most users assume the traditional anti-lead Knock off/SR/Taunt set.

This set is designed to stop most setups (from CM to SD to most restalk) by acting as a suicide wall-breaker. You're almost guaranteed to get rid of something with explosion, while knock off provides that little edge when facing unfavourable types. What makes this useable is the surprise factor on mons like Swampert and Jirachi, which the former is ohko'ed by Grassknot. Snorlax / Suicune will find it hard to setup, if at all after a grassknot+Explosion. Even the classic wish users hate the taunt/explosion combo. Hence, feel free to tweak the evs, for more explosion power at the risk of missing some OHKOs w/ grassknot. The choice between fireblast/flamethrower is the age old discussion of power vs accuracy, so make your choice as your team needs.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wouldn't it have been smarter to just open the new thread after voting was finished on the last one? I don't wanna have to open another window just to look at this one and type stuff in :\ #FirstWorldProblems

Gonna steal the very first vote in this thread and go for Calloflochie cause SubCM Chandy can screw up the mighty pink core (and various other things)

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

This set finds use on Balance teams as a way to wear down Mew, who is becoming disgustingly common at the top of the ladder, and is a major nuisance in Empoleon's side. It also has good merit against Defoggers in general, which Empoleon lures in like no other. When using Toxic, Empoleon's Steel-typing really shines, as its immunity to Toxic allows it to join the ranks of pokemon who can status Mew and Umbreon without being punished by Synchronize, allowing you to gain turn advantages against them. Turn advantages revolving around status are currently fueling Balance teams in this meta, as almost every set-up sweeper needs that momentum to be able to plow through Pink Core. Protect has general utility against Choiced Attackers, allowing you to scout Flygon, Tini, and Darm to make sure their U-turn gets pissed on. In addition, Protect is able to be used in conjunction with Toxic to allow Empoleon to deal a whopping (6.25 + 12.5 + 18.75) = 37.5% to Mega-Blastoise switch-ins before even being touched by Aura Sphere, which is important as Blastoise is the number one Rapid Spinner in the tier. Scald is nothing special on Empoleon, but ironically gives good synergy with Toxic, as most teams prepare for Toxic users with Poison-types, none of which enjoy a burn except Roserade. The burden of fishing for a Scald burn is also alleviated by Toxic in certain situations, one example off of the top of my head being able to use Toxic on something like Specs Hydreigon while its hammering away at you with 44% Dark Pulses, which allows you to put it in KO range of another sweeper. To top it all off is Stealth Rock, which rounds off the anti-anti-hazard vibe of this set.

Flying-type Defoggers such as defensive Gligar, Intimidate Salamence, and lolTogetic go well with this set, as they are able to resist Empoleon's Fighting- and Ground-type weaknesses, while being able essential utility to the team, as well as allowing them to take on Guts Heracross, who is probably public enemy number one for this set. In return, Empoleon soaks up Ice moves for all three of them, as well as Water-, Dragon-, and Steel- moves for Gligar, Salamence, and lolTogetic respectively. Gligar gains special mention for being freed of Toxic+Immunity, allowing it to let Empoleon handle the anti-Synchronize shenanigans, as well as being freed of the moveset for Stealth Rock, allowing it to run U-turn, Knock Off, Protect, or even some other obscure coverage/utility move that never gets considered, as Gligar actually has a really usable movepool.

Other teammates that synergize well with this set are Florges and Aromatisse, who appreciate Toxics being thrown around so that they can Protect stall, as well as allowing them to keep Empoleon around for longer, as well as other clerics like Celebi and Roserade, who shut down Rest-Talk Cune, which is a problem for this set. Also probably shouldn't mention such a shit-tier 'Mon for the third time in this post, but lolTogetic also learns Heal Bell.

Was already tampering with the idea of making a Balance team around Toxic+Protect Empoleon, so I thought I'd dump my reasoning behind it onto Next Best Thing before I gave it a go on the ladder. I don't know if it's creative enough for this project, but Empoleon is pretty one-dimensional. The only other variety I could see it making use of maybe being Yawn. Okay I'm going to stop... in the future don't let me post when I'm on adderall :x

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna sell my soul in exchange for stealing this set:

Credit to Google Images for sick Gijinka art with surprising relevance

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall / Drill Peck
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

SD Empoleon. Straightforward, friendly, and fun for the whole family! Thanks to its useful heap of resistances, it's able to set up on various defensive mons, as well as a few offensive Pokemon, including Choice users locked into an ineffective move. Stuff like Florges, Crobat, Fletchinder, Jirachi (Iron Head kinda bites but it's not gonna just sit there lol. It fears SCLAD, and 60% flinch chance isn't 100%), CLOYSTER, Noivern (lacking Focus Blast), Slowbro, defensive Mew, and so on can be setup bait for this Empoleon set. With Life Orb, you maximize your damage output and can secure vital 2HKOes on certain mons (as will be shown in calcs below), meanwhile Lum Berry allows you to set up on bulky Waters/Mew more easily, giving you a free turn against status from Scald/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp, etc.

Waterfall and Knock Off offer optimal coverage, being walled only by Virizion, Toxicroak, Sharpedo (lol), Hydreigon, and Chesnaught, but Drill Peck can be used to nail most of these mons on the switch upside the head, since Aqua Jet maintains your STAB Water coverage and still hits respectably hard after a Swords Dance. Aqua Jet's also your essential priority, which is kinda needed given Empoleon is slow as dirt. Knock off's a cool move that pretty much has no reason to NOT be used given the Psychic-types such as Mew and Slowbro you beat, as well as the utility of removing the opponent's items. Granted, Empoleon even after a boost can still be checked by crap like Mega Blastoise, those mons I mentioned who resist Water/Dark coverage, Mega Ampharos, Mega Manectric (while it's here anyway), and Mega Aggron. Keep offensive teammates who hit hard and lay hazards around to keep these guys at bay, as at the absolute worst, most of them aren't hard to wear down at all, which can pave the way for Empoleon to sweep. You'll want to play this guy mid-game when the surprise factor is most likely to be at its strongest, as most will expect the standard defensive Defog/SR/Scald set. SD Empoleon also busts up the infamous "Pink core" of Slowbro/Florges/Mew with proper execution (Just set up on Florges as you force it out bruh, though Lum is more likely to be required) so there's that to consider also.

...Oh yeah, and Defiant lets you get a free +2 switching in on a Defog, which is pretty useful considering the only Defoggers who still beat you even at +2 are bulky Flygon and Salamence (if it ends up staying UU). It also sets up on just about every spinner in the tier barring Hitmontop Mega Blastoise, (LO Starmie's Thunderbolt is only a 2HKO cause it sucks) so yeah...More setup for everyone! It also activates w/Sticky Web, so if you see a Galvantula or Shuckle, go nuts.

Calcs and junk:
Empoleon Vs. The World

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 309-364 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 161-191 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 161-191 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 350-412 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 350-412 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Notice the lack of an LO on that calc. Lum berry goes in bruh)

+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Not too impressive but this is still with Lum berry. Life Orb guarantees an OHKO after rocks, or if you at least knock off up to 17% before going in)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 214-253 (78.9 - 93.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 172-203 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 263-309 (100.7 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 255-300 (68.5 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 196-231 (52.6 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 293-345 (78.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The World Vs. Empoleon

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 211-250 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 30-36 (9.6 - 11.6%) -- possible 9HKO
252 SpA Jirachi Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 162-192 (52.2 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 129-152 (41.6 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 127-150 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 70-80 (22.5 - 25.8%) -- approx. 1.2% chance to 4HKO
+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 135-160 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- approx. 2.7% chance to 2HKO

Apparently I wasted like 30 min typing up all that because I saw the "new messages have been posted" thing only to see the mofo above me reserve this set. Fml and everything I stand for

Last edited:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

This set uses Yawn to function as a pseudo-phazing move, while also having the chance to put something to sleep. This set aims to do Empoleon's normal duties of setting up Stealth Rock and Defogging while also using Yawn to phaze troublesome attackers / set up sweepers. The nice thing about Yawn is, unlike Roar, it can also put a Pokemon to sleep, crippling them the rest of the match. It also can be used continually which, in continuation with Stealth Rock, will rack up hazard damage quite easy.

Overall, this set can phaze, put the opponent to sleep, and rack up hazard damage, all while continuing to preform its normal duties! :]

Gonna sell my soul in exchange for stealing this set:

Credit to Google Images for sick Gijinka art with surprising relevance

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall / Drill Peck
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Calcs and junk:
Empoleon Vs. The World

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 309-364 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 161-191 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 161-191 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 350-412 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 350-412 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Notice the lack of an LO on that calc. Lum berry goes in bruh)

+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Not too impressive but this is still with Lum berry. Life Orb guarantees an OHKO after rocks, or if you at least knock off up to 17% before going in)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 214-253 (78.9 - 93.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 172-203 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 263-309 (100.7 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 255-300 (68.5 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 196-231 (52.6 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252+ Atk Empoleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 293-345 (78.7 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The World Vs. Empoleon

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 211-250 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 30-36 (9.6 - 11.6%) -- possible 9HKO
252 SpA Jirachi Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 162-192 (52.2 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Empoleon: 129-152 (41.6 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 127-150 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 70-80 (22.5 - 25.8%) -- approx. 1.2% chance to 4HKO
+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 135-160 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- approx. 2.7% chance to 2HKO

Apparently I wasted like 30 min typing up all that because I saw the "new messages have been posted" thing only to see the mofo above me reserve this set. Fml and everything I stand for
Considering the amount of effort you put into this and the fact I stole sub CM last week, you can have SD empoleon :] if it was anyone else I probably wouldn't have done this so count yourself lucky Granville :]]]

Last edited:

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 152 Spd / 104 HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk ,Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Well this set is obviously extremely straight forward, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Choice Specs Empoleon is basically the strongest watertype in the tier with this item, and while sporting great coverage, nice bulk and decent typing this guy can do some serious work, and can work as a great wallbreaker. It's also a great offensive check to Hydreigon as dark pulse will always be a 3hko with rocks up, and ice beam has 80% chance to ko it back, not only that but Empoleon is immune to toxic and resists some nice offensive typings in the meta which makes it even better. The moveset is straight forward double STAB where hydro pump smacks shit to pieces and flash cannon rapes Florges, grass knot is great against those pesky waters switching in and ohko's/2hko's every single watertype bar other Empoleons which is nice, last up is ice beam which basically is a staple on most choiced water types and gives Empoleon great coverage against dragons and shit. The ev spread is just made to outspeed 4 speed megastoise, and rest put in hp and satk for more bulk and power, but I guess the spread can be changed to whatever you would need it for.

Also I will post calcs later if i'm not to lazy, but I guess being a special attacker and beating Florges speaks for itself but w/e.

Infuriator Set!!!

Empoleon@leftovers
Calm nature
252Hp/4sp atk/252 sp def
-featherdance
-Scald
-Substitute
-Yawn

Setup sweepers giving you trouble? Then try the infuriator set!The idea behind this set is to sub up with mucho hazards on the opponents field. F dance and yawn to force switches and scsld to furthet cripple physical pokes not named guts hera. Even then f dance lowets the attack negating the guts boost. This set creates a lot of opportunities for your sweeper to come in and boost whether their poke is asleep burnef or wrskened with f dance. Go bananas now!

-1 252 Atk Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 306-362 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 312-368 (83.8 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

While tbese calcs arent impressive, if you featherdance scarf shao and hera on the switch, itll give you opportunity to yawn and create a setup opportunity or burn them both still creating an opportunity.

Ill clean this up with calcs and a picture when i get a chance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)