Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhyperior @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

This takes advantage of both rhyperior's of rhyperior's massive stats in attack and defense and raises them through the roof after a couple curses. The speed drop doesnt really matter as we all know that rhyperior is really really slow. Restochesto is used over resttalk so that you can set up on things like gligar, gourgeist, and cresselia. I really don't think this needs much explaining because it beats most of rhyperior's usual checks/counters

Rhyperior @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Hey look, that's the first actual legit set yet original that i post on Next Best Thing, congratz me! n_n
Seriously, Rhyperior can be a extremely effective mid/late set up sweeper with SD, due to its very good resistance to priority because of its bulk, except Aqua Jet, but who cares it's non existant in RU, appart from the Rarely Used ( No pun intended ) Aqua Jet Sharpedo.
You can't even imagine how threatening this can be on a Trick Room team too, because the main problem of this set, is that you really have to clean the path in order to sweep with this set of Rhyperior, if any pokemon gets a super effective, or even just powerful STAB, because Rhyperior is just too slow, this problem is solved with Trick Room hopefully!

A very enjoyable and reliable set of Rhyperior, try it once, you'll probably be impressed.

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Toxic / Swords Dance

Classic SU(B)PERIOR, 101 HP Substitutes allows it to set up on Registeel, as well as other stuff such as Gligar, Braviary, and so on. The last slot is sort of a filler, and you can run any coverage move I guess, but both Swords Dance and Toxic allow you to make use of your Substitutes in order to beat the likes of Gligar and Alomomola in the long run.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Rock Types are traditionally grear Sun setters and Rhyperior is no exception. Moves are standard for a Stealth Rock setter and blablabla pairs well with Solarbeam Moltres Victreebel Exeggutor...

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Pearl.

Despite being a shockingly bad BW2 RU player, user: Pearl. seems to be good at using this Pokemon.

llamas edit: shots have been fired
expulso edit: lol I haxxed him in bw2 minitour and now we joke about it

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ending Voting a little early cause I will not be available tonight at 11pm and cause Pearl. is crushing all of you

The next test subject is:

Gastrodon!

72 hours, you know the drill

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Yawn
- Earth Power

Yawn is cool, forces a lot of switch-ins out letting Gastrodon recover its health back or switch into an appropriate counter of the Pokémon that'll be switched in to gain momentum but it requires some prediction. The rest is pretty standard tbh, nothing much to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)