1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Next Best Thing...

Discussion in 'BW UU' started by fatty, Jan 15, 2013.

1. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

definitely the specs xatu. featherdance is a gimmicky reflect and stored power is a joke
  2. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

pokemazter's Specs Xatu
  3. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

4. Molk

Molk mfw houndoom might drop
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

Pokemazter's specs Xatu
  5. Kyrk

Kyrk

Obviously Specs Xatu I've used it a while back and it's really fun to use.
  6. cbt

cbt subtle body
    is a Pokemon Researcher
    Mentor

Pokemazter
  7. fatty

fatty
    is a Tiering Contributor

alright, Pokemazter wins overwhelmingingly. sorry it took me so long to post this. the next pokemon will be Darmanitan!
  8. patrick11756

patrick11756

This is my first try at this, but here I go!

Darmanitan@Leftovers
    Sheer Force
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Sp Def
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Yawn

This is a sub-punching darmanitan with max attack. We can all agree that darmanitan forces switches due to D's massive attack. SubPunch and fire punch are the attacking moves on this set getting great coverage with only missing out on flash fire chandelure and slowbro. But, this is where yawn comes in. It'll force switces (great with hazards) and allow D to setup sub again. Rock Blast from rhyperior hurts, but then again speaking of hazards, roserade is a great partner that threatens rhyperior. Flash fire chandelure can become pursuit bait to cb snorlax who can clean up or take the fire/ghost attacks that threaten darmanitan. Sub also blocks trick from chandy, also. Thanks to substitute and Ds massive HP, it can tank a hit from scarfcross and promptly ko with fire punch. : )
  9. PTJon7

PTJon7

Sunny Day Darmanitan:

[​IMG]
    Darmanitan @ Heat Rock
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    - U-turn
    - Sunny Day
    - Encore/Yawn/Taunt

This set functions as an offensive sun setter and pivot. After a Sunny Day Flare Blitz will be extremely powerful, but thanks to U-Turn Darmanitan also has the ability to switch out into something else that can take advantage of the sun. The 4th slot can be used as an all around utility, and also can aid other sweepers in setting up. A good partner would be a Chlorophyll sweeper like Lilligant or Victreebel, as Grass types complement Fire's weaknesses well.
  10. kokoloko

kokoloko genius cannot be contained
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Darmanitan @ Salac Berry
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Belly Drum
    - Endure
    - Earthquake

This works because Darmanitan is one of the single best Pokemon in the whole game at forcing switches. Belly Drum on the switch to Slowking / Slowbro / Rhyperior / Gligar / Suicune / Milotoc (Suicune and Slowbro will need to be weakened a little beforehard if they're defensive variants), and nuke it. Endure as they go to their revenge killer, and proceed to nuke everything else. Obviously doesn't work if their Scarfer is Mienshao / Flygon, but if its Heracross / Krookodile, you're golden. Adamant gives you a 93.75% chance to OHKO Slowbro after Stealth Rock, but then you're slower than ScarfCross at +1, so pick your poison.

PS. only use if you have excess cojones
  11. dcae

dcae naughty list

Ah, that was the set I wanted to propose... Eh, whatever. Here is my proposition:

Darmanitan @ Leftovers
    EVs: 212 HP / 152 Atk / 144 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Encore
    - Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    - Taunt
    - Fire Punch

This is my supporter defensive Darmanitan set I've been testing out. Encore is a troll move to lock out set-up pokemon, while Taunt and WoW allow it to be a useful support pokemon. Fire Punch is the chosen STAB because it doesn't deal recoil damage, while still being powerful off Darmy's high Attack stat and Sheer Force. Toxic is also a great option over WoW because Darmanitan is a huge lure to bulky waters, which it can cripple on the switch, then switch out. Taunt + Toxic allows it to beat certain Heal Bell users. Overall, this is a nice set that abuses Darmanitan's big HP stat and support moves.
  12. patrick11756

patrick11756

Are we going to start voting on this soon?
  13. Nas

Nas real
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

@Kokoloko's set: Adamant actually gives you a 56.25% chance to OHKO after SR, you forgot that Slowbro gets Leftovers recovery on the turn you Belly Drum. I'd just stick with Jolly, a 50% chance to kill is garbage compared to outrunning Scarf Hera.
  14. fatty

fatty
    is a Tiering Contributor

sorry for the wait, exam week sucks~. you may now vote for the darmanitan set of your choice!
  15. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

My vote goes to Kokoloko's BD set.
  16. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

17. CoolStoryBrobat

CoolStoryBrobat The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I actually vote PTJon7's set, I like the ingenuity of weather being able to be set in UU, and the kick of a surprise factor in Sunny Day Darmanitan especially since it can be that much scarier in the sun it got up, possibly for free on a switch.
  18. dcae

dcae naughty list

I think Kokoloko's is the best, because it eliminates its typical counters well.
  19. ScraftyIsTheBest

ScraftyIsTheBest lovin'
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

20. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

21. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

kokoloko

I gave that set a whirl and it's fun when pulled off
  22. Cesterp

Cesterp

kokoloko's Belly Drum set. I'm a fan of the risky but effective sets that can easily destroy teams thanks to surprise factor.
  23. Magical Magmortar

Magical Magmortar

24. ElegantLilligant

ElegantLilligant

My vote goes to Patrick1088. Focus Punch on Darmanitan would be scary.
  25. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)