ScraftyIsTheBest: 4
Swamp-Rocket: 1
atomicllamas: 0
Goutland: 1
Hot N Cold: 11
Celever: 2
Cabol: 0
The Leprechaun: 2

And so the winner of this round is Hot N Cold's Swords Dance Bluff Scyther set! (what do you want me to call it)

For our next Pokemon...

Kabutops

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kabutops@Damp Rock
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Rain Dance
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Swords Dance

This Kabutops is designed to be a huge screw you to Hail. Water/Rock does quite well against Hail teams, as they generally don't run things like Tangrowth or Ferroseed. Swords Dance exists to get through Qwilfish Intimidates.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Kabutops @ Ice Gem
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Spd / 96 SAtk / 160 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Blizzard

One of the biggest stops to the standard Swords Dance Kabutops is Tangrowth, which can safely take boosted Stone Edge and KO with a Grass move. This set is designed to lure in Tangrowth and obliterate it with Blizzard. 96 SpA EVs with Ice Gem guarantee an OHKO on Tangrowth after Stealth Rock damage.

96 SpA Ice Gem Kabutops Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 362-426 (89.6 - 105.44%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

This set functions well on teams that use strong physical attackers that get shut down by Tangrowth, and also benefits from Hail due to 100% accurate Blizzard. Also, an option is to invest more in Special Attack EVs and then run Life Orb to boost up the other moves, but this method preserves Kabutops ability to switch in on Entei especially.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
K, I got this one I think (well I definitely have a cool ass name for it).

Offensive Utilitops

Kabutops @ Leftover/Lum berry
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Do you ever find yourself thinking, "I have made my team of 5 mons, but I need to fit in rocks and spin in one slot, I guess I'll have to use shitty Sandslash... :'("

Well cry no more folks, offensive utilitops steps in to save the day. This Kabutops aims to provide rapid spin support to your team while also providing your team with the oh so necessary stealth rocks, allowing you to free up a move slot on your Druddigon, Uxie, Mesprit or Golurk. I know what you are thinking, rapid spin + rocks always ends crappy for a mon (ie. claydol/sandslash) but there are times when it is necessary to fit them into one slot. This Kabutops makes a great teammate for hail, as it spins, provides rocks, and has a 4x resistance to fire. Kabutops's excellent fire resist, as well as it's flying, normal, and ice resists give Kabutops the ability to set up rocks multiple times throughout the match. Offensive Rotom-N forms are KOed by Stone Edge on the switch followed by an aqua jet (sometimes the a-jet isn't even necessary after rocks. Spiritomb and Dusknoir give this set a little more trouble though, so be sure to carry somethings that can deal with them on your team. (Note this should probably only be used on hail teams, or teams that really need a rocker and spinner in one spot). Stone edge for powerful STAB, and aqua jet for priority, which literally every team (except maybe full stall) should have.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Acua Jet / Toxic / Stealth Rock

Defensive spinner Kabutops is a good option for more defensive teams oriented which hates hazards and Life Orb recoil Kabutops, Protect is useful for recover a bit of health / predict Hidden Power Grass randoms / stallish with Toxic or Toxic Spikes. Battle Armor is the ability for this Kabutops as well to prevent critics and with a bulky def evs spread. This set is maybe less effective in terms to spin w/o the strong potential of Life Orb + Sword Dance but the durability is much better working like utility - physical wall.

Last edited:
MixedTops
Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- X-scissor/Superpower/Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

The idea behind this set to to help counter some of Kabutops' biggest counters, namely Poliwrath and Quagsire. Waterfall + Stone Edge is the typical STAB moves of choice. Giga Drain, with a Rash Nature and 92 SAtk, will 3HKO Poliwrath after SR, over 65% chance to OHKO Quagsire after SR. Best part when facing Poliwrath is it can't KO you before you KO it with Giga Drain because of the health recovery. Last move is choice of preference. X-Scissor to help with Psychic types (namely Uxie and Slowking [King takes a little more DMG with X compared to Giga]), Superpower to help with Steel types (Steelix and Ferroseed), or Rapid Spin to remove hazards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)