The Next Best Thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesnaught actually has a really nice movepool. It gets access to all sorts of moves like Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Pain Split, Curse, and Gyro Ball, in addition to the great ones it commonly uses. We all know, though, what the manliest move is:

Chad Smith (Chesnaught) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb
- Brick Break

The best scenario for this is to come in on Mienshao for free after their scarfer or anything faster than base 115s is removed. Then, Mienshao will U-Turn, not daring to go for HJK when Chesnaught probably has Spiky Shield, and not doing much with any other moves. U-Turn will do just over 25%, and combined with the Belly Drum, will get you into Salac range. This also works with any other attack that does between 25-50%, but that's just one specific, commonish example. It is pretty gimmicky, but it makes up for it with manliness and a few unique traits. Because of its Grass-type STAB, it doesn't have to worry about any bulky waters that physical sweepers normally need to, and drumming as they switch to their normal Chesnaught switch-in, like Shaymin or Victini can really surprise them, and it's great hilarious fun to sweep with a Chesnaught. You just need to get a little bit of chip damage on it before you go for the set up, which can be annoying, but it's a fun set. It's a small list of Pokemon that can survive a hit at +6, and those ones aren't hard to weaken a bit. If you remove priority, scarfers, and Noivern/Crobat/Jolteon/Aerodactyl/Manectric, it can definitely win the game.

Calcs are pretty pointless to include, obviously it's going to do a lot of damage at +6 and obviously defensive calcs aren't that important beyond seeing what it can take for between 25-50%.

By the way, Klefki Uxie is an awesome partner. Screens/Memento really help to get attacks into the Salac range for you after Belly Drum.
Oh gdi, I was going to do a Belly Drum set too ;_;

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Synthesis
- Rock Slide / Earthquake
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb

This set is actually quite similar to the Flygon set I posted - utilising Power-Up Punch and healing moves to create the perfect Set-up Sweeper. Chesnaught has a load of natural bulk, meaning it can take quite a few non-super-effective hits while setting up with Power-Up Punch. P-u-P is STAB as well, meaning it'll do a little more then it would with the more common users of the move. Synthesis is to heal off any damage done to Chesnaught. Use it sparingly, as it only has 8 PP, and unfortunately it will only heal 25% of your health in Sandstorm, Hail or Rain. Rock Slide is to hit Flying- and Fire-types on the switch. However, if you want a safer option you could go with the more accurate, and powerful, Earthquake. However, Earthquake doesn't affect Flying-types, which can be an issue with the ever so prominent Honchkrow. Wood Hammer is Chesnaught's main STAB move. If you don't want to have to take the recoil that comes with Wood Hammer, you could go with Seed Bomb. This may not be the smartest option though, as you could always heal off the recoil damage with Synthesis when needed. Chesnaught's worst traits are indeed it's absolutely horrific Defensive-typing, and the fact that it's terribly slow. Once again, this can be compensated for with it's great natural bulk and ability to heal, but decision-making with this Pokemon is vital - you need to be wary. The EVs are simple - Give it as much bulk as possible while also giving it a load of Attack. An Adamant nature is used to give it's Attack stat even more of a boost, Leftovers is to gain as much HP back as possible while setting up, and Bulletproof protects it from Ball and Bomb moves, notably Searing Shot and Sludge Bomb which both deal super-effective damage.

Chester @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 Spd / 248 HP / 80 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Synthesis / Leech Seed
- Earthquake

This set acts a pseudo stallbreaker while still being able to function as a decent physical/mixed wall. Chester is one of the best mons to combat a lot of the Water types in the tier, namely Mega-Blastoise due to almost none of it's moves being able to hit it and the extremely common, Crocune. What this set basically aims to achieve is mess with a lot of the walls of the tier by Taunting them (therefore reduced their ability to support the team) and proceeding to Toxic pretty much anything that isn't a Poison or Steel type. Synthesis is basically there because I would much rather be healing 50% of my health than relying on Leech Seed 1. Hitting and 2. Hitting something with enough HP to warrant decent healing. Leech Seed hits stuff like Crobat on the switch in but Taunting a Crobat coming in is, in my opinion, just as beneficial. Earthquake is there over STAB options like Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer to be able to 1. Hit Poison Types coming in trying to force me out with offensive pressure and 2. Hit the Steel Types harder that would otherwise avoid Toxic e.g Jirachi and Metagross. The EVs basically can be changed but these are the ones I think are most effective for the set, 180 speed Jolly lets it outspeed everything up to Bulky 4/8 Speed Arcanine meaning that it can get the jump on walls including Forretress, Swampert, Hippowdon, Florges, Empoleon, Nidoqueen, Slowbro, Suicune, Snorlax, Umbreon, Trevenant, Vaporeon as well as many, many more (walling Defensive Roserade is really nice too). The Special Defense basically just tries to make up for Chesnaught's slightly more lackluster defensive stat and Max HP just gives Chesnaught more rounded bulk overall. So yeah, hopefully you enjoy the set and if you need a nice Mixed wall that can pretty much Toxic/EQ the entire defensive Metagame, then Chester is your man.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
i've not used any of these chesnaught sets nor have i seen them used nor have i even used a standard chesnaught set since chansey was uu

but i vote swamp link because belly drum is cool and kills things

Tough one this week....but the belly drum set catches my attention more and is different from the chimpmunks usual job.

SwampLink

It was a close race between LightningLuxray and Calloflochie, but Calloflochie wins this week!

Next suspect is Tentacruel! OP and Leaderboard have been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)