The NU Offensive (Peaked Top 20)

The NU Offensive

I've played NU on and off for a while, and I've finally had some success. This team peaked somewhere in the top 20, in the 17-19 (I can't remember exactly) range, which I'm pretty happy with though the ladder reset has made it easier to get higher than before. I've noticed that I'm not struggling to go any higher in the ladder, I've started losing more games which has made me drop some. I'd love any advice I can get on this team, I want to make it as good as possible. Thanks!

Piloswine
Piloswine (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Icicle Spear
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Shard
  • Stealth Rock
Piloswine is one of my favorite things to use in UU so I was naturally very happy to find how well it does in it's own tier. Piloswine's STABs give it great coverage and access to priority is always a big plus in my opinion. Piloswine also provides the team with Stealth Rocks which helps the team deal with things like Charizard much better. I've opted for Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash to help Piloswine beat Sash leads or things behind Substitutes.

Eelektross
Eelektross @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
  • Thunderbolt
  • Flamethrower
  • Giga Drain
  • Volt Switch
Eelektross is an excellent wall breaker, sporting great coverage moves and a nice special attack stat. Thanks to Levitate Eelektross has no weaknesses, which is another big plus. I often lead with Eelektross thanks to it's ability to 2HKO the majority of the tier and apply offensive pressure early. Volt Switch is always nice to have on a team as it can quickly turn the tides of a fight thanks to the momentum it can gain. I don't really think there is anything I would want to change on this set.

Zangoose
Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
  • Facade
  • Close Combat
  • Shadow Claw
  • Quick Attack
Zangoose is pretty much the MVP of this team, it has cleaned up so many teams and won me so many games thanks to it's massive amounts of power. It's attacks grant it great coverage, though most of the time I'll just be spamming Facades on the other opponent. It can sometime be challenging to activate Toxic Boost since Zangoose lacks Protect, but Volt Switch and U-Turn help with that a whole lot.

Ludicolo
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
  • Surf
  • Giga Drain
  • Ice Beam
  • Rain Dance
Ludicolo is the other main sweeper of the team. Rain Dance is an incredibly potent force in the lower tiers, and Ludicolo is a great abuser of it. A good prediction leading to a Rain Dance can completely turn the tables of a game, as most offensive teams lack anything that can take a hit from Ludicolo once the rain is up. Ludicolo is also a great switch in to bulky Water types at it 4x resists Scald and can do massive damage with Giga Drain.

Golbat
Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
  • Brave Bird
  • U-turn
  • Taunt
  • Roost
Of all the members of this team I'm least sure about Golbat. I figured I needed a good way to deal with the Fighting types of NU and decided that Golbat would do the job. Overall its been pretty underwhelming but it is really useful to have a fast Taunter like this on the team. The 4x Fighting and Grass resistances are also quite useful and Brave Bird + U-Turn work out well enough. Of all the members of the team I feel like I'd be most willing to replace this one.

Kadabra
Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
  • Psychic
  • Signal Beam
  • Hidden Power [Ground]
  • Encore
Kadabra is the team's one-off revenge killer. Thanks to Magic Guard only attacks will break Kadabra's sash, so I am always extremely careful to preserve it for as long as possible. The moves are taken from Smogon but they seem a little funky in my opinion, I'd love any input on Kadabra's moveset. I originally had Shadow Ball and HP Fighting as it's other two moves but I figured that there would be some merit to Bug/Ground coverage instead.

Importable:
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Quick Attack

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Encore

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
golbat should be using max defense with an impish nature so it can wall kangaskhan and deal with other normal-types that will pick apart this team due to the fact that it has no resistances to the type. eelektross should also be running max hp since it has little reason to run max speed and appreciates the extra bulk a lot more due to its lack of weaknesses. you might also want to try out kangaskhan over zangoose in order to deal with faster threats such as jynx and scolipede with fake out and sucker punch. this team is offensive but currently has no way of dealing with speedy threats such as those.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Hey thanks, I really appreciate the input. I'm going to try out all of these changes as soon as possible!

After testing out all the changes I've decided to go back to Zangoose. The team really missed the huge physical power that Zangoose brought to the table, and such a powerful Quick Attack helps a lot with revenge killing faster threats. The two EV changes however helped a whole lot. Thanks FLCL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)