1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The NU Open I - Round 4

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Zebraiken, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebraiken

Zebraiken GANONBOARF
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    NU Co-Leader

[​IMG]

amazing logo by Zracknel!

Welcome to the NU Open, where all of your old favorites like Charizard and Pikachu (lol) reside. We're almost at the end of the Grand Slam, so do your best in the final stretch!

Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard BW2 NU.
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
    • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Gothitelle is BANNED from UU, and thus from the NU Open.

a bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
    • Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

extensions

Amell vs Pocket
    kokoloko vs Ginku

Extensions have 2 days (September 26th) to complete their matches before I coinflip them. Please get them done as soon as possible, thanks!

Round 4 Matchups:

FLCL vs Pocket
    blarajan vs kuja20
    Ciele vs Master of the Six Kings
    Zebraiken vs mfhoundoom
    Vintage Books vs Nachos
    McMeghan vs Annoyer
    Ginku vs senegal
    CrashinBoomBang vs MMF

as always, if anyone wants to do hl matches (not that there really are many this time around) please contact me!

Deadline is September 30th.

Quick note about activity wins. If your opponent gives you an explicit date and time he can play, or he gives you exact times where he's free, please DO NOT simply respond with "i'm free sometime next week." That will get your opponent the activity win every time. Make an effort to actually schedule a match. A lot of activity wins last round were decided because of this.
  2. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang doing 3 teams at the month
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

k will get this done etc
  3. MMF

MMF Give me the strength to part this sea

i see CBB all the time etc etc etc blah blah blah we'll play sometime
  4. Zebraiken

Zebraiken GANONBOARF
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    NU Co-Leader

Won 2-1 in close games, ggs.
  5. mfhoundoom

mfhoundoom

Lost, ggs.
  6. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

7. Furai

Furai a Ωdefender // a αguardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

ZEBRAIKEN LET'S GO IT
  8. Alexander.

Alexander.

McMeghan, CBB, blarajan and Ciele
  9. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I won gg
  10. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

lost to ginku because we was undeniably lucky as shit

black
  11. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

(he lost mirror matches and braviary is strong as fuck)
  12. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

13. CrashinBoomBang

is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

GG guys was fun
  14. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    UU Leader

yeah mirror matches

lost every tie and got crit game 1

outskilled bro

also...

black

'twas fun though

still mad

fuck you
  15. Master of the Six Kings

Master of the Six Kings

So, the deadline is in place even if PS doesnt come back on? I'm rather SOL until it comes back on myself which may make playing my match difficult...
  16. Zebraiken

Zebraiken GANONBOARF
    NU Co-Leader

I highly doubt PS will be down until the deadline is up. If it is, I'll make adjustments then.
  17. Amell

Amell

lost to pocketk for r3, ggs

gl on next rounds
  18. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

thanks, Amell - sorry for the hax in our 3rd game
  19. Amell

Amell

it's not your fault, ^_^
  20. Nachos

Nachos Smooth; slick; succinct.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

contacted opponent.
  21. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the 1st Grand Slam Winner

Won against Master of the Six Kings, good games
  22. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Won 2-0, GGs man!
  23. kuja20

kuja20

Lost 2-0 to Blara in 2 good games. Good luck in the future rounds.
  24. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

contacted nachos
  25. CrashinBoomBang

Won 2-1 against MMF in 2 good games and 1 terrible one, ggs I guess...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)