1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

The NU Open I - Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Zebraiken, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebraiken

Zebraiken neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

amazing logo by Zracknel!

Welcome to the NU Open, where all of your old favorites like Charizard and Pikachu (lol) reside. We're almost at the end of the Grand Slam, so do your best in the final stretch!

Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard BW2 NU.
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
    • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Gothitelle is BANNED from UU, and thus from the NU Open.

a bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
    • Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

extension

McMeghan vs CrashinBoomBang

Extensions have until Sunday to get their match completed, although I hope you guys can get it done sooner.

Semi-Final Matchups:

blarajan vs Zebraiken
    FLCL vs CrashinBoomBang

as always, if anyone wants to do hl matches please contact me!

Deadline is October 9th.

Quick note about activity wins. If your opponent gives you an explicit date and time he can play, or he gives you exact times where he's free, please DO NOT simply respond with "i'm free sometime next week." That will get your opponent the activity win every time. Make an effort to actually schedule a match. A lot of activity wins last round were decided because of this.
  2. Raseri

Raseri musharna fan
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

blarajan vs Zebraiken - super great match right here
    FLCL vs (McMeghan vs CrashinBoomBang)
  3. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Zeb and CBB lgi
  4. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

5. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

6. Zebraiken

is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

I winned vs blarajan 2-0 in some mostly clean (barring one freeze midgame in the second match) games. ggs!
  7. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Zeb vs cbb final !
  8. MMF

MMF Give me the strength to part this sea

ZEBRAIKEN PORRA
  9. Lunar.

Lunar.

10. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Time to kill ur family, you have 24 hours to say your goodbyes
  11. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen boner dethroner
    is a SPL Winner

does Mcnugget ever lose?
  12. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

winner of FLCL's game takes it all
  13. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG]

lfgi zeb.
  14. ~GreenCore

~GreenCore Hardwire

15. Incon

Incon

Zebraiken
  16. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

17. Coren37

Coren37

McMeghan
  18. VN.

VN. the birds pt. 1
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

z e b r a i k e n
  19. Hot N Cold

Hot N Cold PLUTO
    is a Tiering Contributor

Zebraiken vs McMeghan

Best NU player vs Most Overall Player

cbb and flcl are very strong too, anyone :}
  20. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang <~BKC> fuck consent
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

McMeghan vs me turned into a double-sided luckfest even after several restarts due to hax so I "won" 2-1 in some pretty bad games, sorry about that....

I'll battle FLCL tomorrow.
  21. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

lost 1-2 in some hax filled game even if we tried our best to prevent that lol

ggs and gl =)
  22. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

23. Eos

Eos Do It With A DON!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

FLCL and Zeb final huh? LGI
  24. Zebraiken

johns, the both of you
  25. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang <~BKC> fuck consent
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

help flcl wanted to play me at midnight when i had to get up at 6:30

i hope he doesn't bs around today

EDIT: lost game 1 to 1 turn sleep + miss + crit + sdef drop and lost game 2 because i missed focus blast not that it mattered anymore at that point

congratulations probably one of the most deserved victories against me yet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)