Project The NU Theorymon Project [New Slate: Check Post #94]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Piloswine with Taunt

Piloswine already has the job of anti-lead in the tier, but it is lacking one of the best things an anti-lead should have, that being Taunt. Even with such an abysmal, it is actually sufficient to perform its job, since Piloswine outspeeds Rhydon, Golem, Crustle, Carracosta (is tank costa still a thing? :[), Steelix and Camerupt. Obviously the last 3 can nail Pilo with some super-effective STAB moves, but the first three are much more common anyway. Piloswine also ties for speed with Audino, which it could speed creep to destroy any kind of use the Audino could hope to have.

It may not seem like much, but Piloswine is already a fairly niche-driven Pokémon, but it is pretty viable anyway. This would really help it enhance the niche it has, as well as give it some more utility on a tankier set.

Unburden + Victreebel - Very interesting, actually. I'm not sure how much use it would get in the end, though, because Victreebel already has Chlorophyll. Obviously just using Belch is more consistent than setting up a weather, but Sunny Day provides Victreebel with a powerful Fire-Type Weather Ball, which provides much more coverage than Belch. If a team is struggling with Slurpuff I could see this used, though.
I think this would give Piloswine 4MSS, as it would then have to decide between an Ice coverage move and Ice Shard. I really like the set it currently has and dont think I would be able to fit taunt on it. Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)