volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Keep it up guys! Time for voting:

+ Mold Breaker
+ Regenerator
+ Close Combat & 115 Speed
+ Scrappy
+ Recover

Vote for your two favourites! Voting Stage will end on Sunday.

Reactions: nv

Shadestep

volition immanent
Sandslash wins! Woohoo!

1. Sandslash + Mold Breaker (9 Votes)

2. Lapras + Regenerator (8 Votes)

3. Musharna + Recover (6 Votes)

3. Rapidash + 115 Speed & Close Combat (6 Votes)

5. Claydol + Scrappy (1 Vote)

alrighty.. new slates!

+ Swords Dance
+ Tail Glow
+ Earthquake
+ 65 Base Defense (was 43)
+ Focus Blast

Discuss your thoughts on these slates. Their impact on the metagame, possible boosts in the viability rankings, different matchup vs certain Pokemon, etc! Suggestions are also highly welcome as I'm running a bit low @_@

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
In addition to STAB Sucker Punch, Swords Dance gives Kecleon a niche over Kangaskhan. It still suffers from problems of being slow without use of Sucker Punch (which can be easily exploited) and that sometimes its easy to take advantage of Protean because of said speed stat.

Ampharos becomes a powerful wallbreaker. Its slow, yes, but its decently bulky. Would a Double Dance set work? (With Hp Grass (or HP Ice if you're scared of things like Torterra and Vileplume) as the coverage move)

Earthquake Klinklang fixes the issue of it not being able to hit Steel-types (without the use of gimmicky Hidden Power sets). Could become dangerous in the right scenario, and retain its former position as one of the best sweepers in the metagame.

I have no clue on Clefairy, but it has great utility and reliable recovery, so I imagine with slightly more bulk it could find more use on teams. (It needs something like Unaware though to become a true threat in the metagame)

Kadabra is still a stronger but frail as fuck Mespirit without any pivotal moves. Focus Blast reduces the need for Hidden Power, which I imagine would be useful. Accuracy is still a bitch though.

So in general this is actually a really good slate.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
+ 65 Defense Clefairy and EQ Klinklang are easily my favourites.

The coverage that eq would provide to Klinklang would be nearly invaluable, it would still be walled by stuff like Gastro and Peli no doubt (the latter of which especially if it didn't run wild charge) but the ability to hit steel types super effectively is something Klinklang is in desperate need of and be able to free up space on Klinklang centric teams who would otherwise need some sort of steel type lure.

As for + 65 Def Clefairy, well that just sounds ridiculous, with a fully invested 113 base defense stat and eviolite it would easily be able to reach 500+ defense, nearly as much as Steelix for that matter which combined with it's recovery, ability to set up hazards and utility as a cleric would make it an invaluable asset to any team looking for a mon to fill one or more of those roles

Focus Blast on Kadabra would help it out a lot as it would have more effective coverage to hit steel types and the likes but it would still be walled by bulky psychics on the tier such as Mesprit and Mushy

Ampharos with tail glow sounds super threatening and while it probably wouldn't be able to sweep due to it's low speed it could still easily dent stuff wanting to switch into it with it's special attack increasing by 150% with the click of a button

The same would go for Kecleon except for the fact that it has access to STAB priority making making it incredible scary once it gets ramped up dishing out +2 STAB sucker punches.

All in all the slate this time 'round is pretty interesting, nice job.

Swords Dance Kecleon
In simple terms: EVERYTHING DIES TO SHADOW SNEAK OR SUCKER PUNCH... Well, not everything, but this allows Kecleon to have really powerful priority moves that all get STAB, giving it a ton of power.

Tail Glow Ampharos
This would make Amphy an amazing late game sweeper. If you're able to force something to switch, and Tail Glow on the switch, it may be over for your opponent. The only problem is that Ampharos is slow and isn't really all that tanky, which s a problem...
And just to bring it up, Mega Ampharos also really benefits from this up in UU

Earthquake Klingklang
Klingklang really needed more physical moves in general and EQ would make a great addition. Like Melons-N-Soda said, this lets Klingklang without Wild Charge it Steel-types and for a lot of damage. This also lets Klingklang hit Fire-types that could maybe live a +1 Return/Wild Charge.
Here's a set:
Klingklang @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Earthquake
- Façade / Volt Switch
- Shift Gear

65 Defense Clefairy
If my calculations are correct, after Eviolite, this gives Clefairy base 97.5 Defense (compared to Clefable's 73) , which is amazing. With reliable recovery and Calm Mind, Clefairy can become a defensive monster

Focus Blast Kadabra
This is really good coverage against Dark and Steel-types... that's about it.... Yay...

My nomination:
All Wormadams share their moves amongst each other.

What this means is that Wormadam-Trash Cloak (the best defensively) can get reliable recovery in Synthesis
This lets Wormadam-Trash wall better with it's good defensive typing.

Shadestep

volition immanent
oki, time for voting!
+ Swords Dance
+ Tail Glow
+ Earthquake
+ Base 65 Defense
+ Focus Blast

2 Votes per person! Voting will end on Sundaynight.

Last edited:

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ampharos Tail Glow
Klinklang Earthquake

Suggestion: Hurricane Rotom-Fan

Last edited:
Tail Glow Ampharos
Earthquake Klinklang

I also nominate Close Combat Dodrio. Fighting coverage gives it a notable niche over Swellow, as it now has perfect neutral coverage with its STABs bar on Rotom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)