The Official "Complain about being beat by Seattle Defense" Thread

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Greetings all! It's getting to be that time of year again, when we all get together to compete against each other in the sports nerd's favorite pasttime: Fantasy Football! With the regular season beginning in September and most fantasy drafts happening in mid-to-late August, now is the time to get organized, determine how many leagues we will need, who wants to be commissioner, and how we're dividing between them.

For those of you that are newer, in previous years we tended to run 2 or 3 leagues with 10 or 12 teams in each. League A was more exclusive, and tended to be invite-only with a perennial group. Leagues B and C were more varied from year to year, with participants and commissioners changing each time.

Depending on the number that register, I will adjust the number of leagues accordingly. For now, just post in here to indicate that you are interested in playing this season, and I will add you to the list. Please include your username and email address in your post so that I may contact you for reminders when the season gets closer. If you're uncomfortable having your email address public, you may send it to me in a PM. Signups will not be counted until an email address is included. Don't worry, I'm not going to spam you.

NOTE: DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU SERIOUSLY INTEND TO PLAY AND COMPLETE THE SEASON. INACTIVITY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM FUTURE YEARS OF FANTASY FOOTBALL.

There, that should cover it. I'll post some general rules at a later time, I just wanted to get the thread up so we could make sure we're organized well ahead of time.

Participants

League A
WaterBomb
Justin8649
tad38
Huy
aldaron
Synre
MoP
MrE
moot
makiri
Loki
Dubulous

League B
Flamestrike
Lakers
Fabbles
yondie
Stallion
ballabrown24
remlabmez
Steeler

League C
WaterBomb
pookar
phoopes
YTP
Killah
Dubby
mzenken
BiGGiE
coolking49
Mercy
MCBarrett

angelbunni league
WaterBomb
pokemonrocks777
Killah
BiGGiE
Justin8649

Unregistered
ShakeItUpByrne
QuestionMark
Stone_cold

BANNED FROM LAST YEAR: Polis4Rule, jrrrrrrr, Zoro, smashlloyd20

here is the link to the excel sheet. Anyone who PMs me their email and wishes it to remain private will show up as [hidden]

About 6 or 7 of us from our league were chatting in #smogon the other day and most of us were interested in changing over to an auction draft.

Confirmed spots:

Justin8649
1) Auction
2) Don't care
3) Don't care
3b) Don't care

Huy
1) Don't care
2)Everything all good
3) Anytime is good except like 5-6PM PST weekdays

aldaron
1.) AUCTION
2.) NO CHANGES
3.) PLEASE ON SUNDAY NIGHT
3b.) ANYTIME ELSE

Synre
1) Snake
2) No suggestions
3/3b) I'm doing basically nothing this summer I will make it

MoP
1) Auction
2) ?
3) ?
3b) ?

MrE
1) Auction would be interesting with a group that I know will actually show up but dgaf, either format is fine
2) Perfect
33333333) Unless I get another job soon I'm basically available 24/7

tad38
1) Don't care
2) No
3) Any day (in the evening) between August 15 and 28
3b) Any time I have school or work

WaterBomb
1) Snake, but Auction is perfectly fine if it's what everyone wants
2) Don't care
3) Any weekday evening in August between 6 and 9 EST
3b) Weekdays from 9-5 EST, weekends (will do weekend if necessary but prefer not to)

moot
1) ?
2) ?
3) ?
3b) ?

makiri
1) Don't care
2) No changes
3) Evening
3b) Morning

Loki
1) dont care
2) no changes
3) sunday night preferred
4) thur/fri/sat night

Dubulous
1) Don't care, never done an auction before but should be fun
2) Scoring is fine
3,4) No idea, should be able to be flexible for the draft.

Removed from league:
goofball

Information I need from confirmed members in our league:
1) Do you want an auction or snake draft?
2) Do you want any scoring changes? If so, make suggestions.
3) When do you want the draft to be?
3b) When do you NOT want the draft to be?

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm in for any and all drafts. Snake, auction, whatever. I do multiple leagues for baseball, football and basketball.

Agalahz@yahoo.com

1) Do you want an auction or snake draft? Doesn't matter
2) Do you want any scoring changes? If so, make suggestions. Doesn't matter
3) When do you want the draft to be? Not too early. 2 weeks before reg. season starts?
3b) When do you NOT want the draft to be? Monday nights are generally bad for me. To a lesser extent, also M-F 9-5 EST.

Hoping to repeat my performance from last year! ...minus the injuries, of course.

Apparently yahoo sports doesn't allow you to connect with gmail accounts anymore, so I can't go back and check who the afk'ers were last year... but I know there were several in league C. Please, everyone, if you enter, make sure to take the one hour it takes to do the first few rounds of the draft plus the 5 minutes each week it takes to set your lineup!

New email address is KillahSmash@att.net

worst case, if anything if the people from league B wanna run that league again we can always do one with everyone here and just renew that one as well
I'm definitely up for renewing League B as well if anyone else wants to do it, but I'm also interested in participating in new leagues.

Information I need from confirmed members in our league:
1) Do you want an auction or snake draft?
2) Do you want any scoring changes? If so, make suggestions.
3) When do you want the draft to be?
3b) When do you NOT want the draft to be?
1) Snake
2) No suggestions
3/3b) I'm doing basically nothing this summer I will make it

I feel like if we do auction I will be significantly less competitive due to lack of knowledge. Also I don't have a very good history with auctions.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1) Don't care
2)Everything all good
3) Anytime is good except like 5-6PM PST weekdays

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I just confirmed

1) Don't care
2) No changes
3) Evening
3b) Morning

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1.) AUCTION
2.) NO CHANGES
3.) PLEASE ON SUNDAY NIGHT
3b.) ANYTIME ELSE

I know this is extremely restrictive but I have (along with others in our league) have a full time job and thinking about a draft on a weekday would be too annoying for me.

I'm also help organize a community event for my alma mater on saturdays so I dunno about my availability on that day either.

Sunday plz =)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ohey what's up guys

1) Auction would be interesting with a group that I know will actually show up but dgaf, either format is fine
2) Perfect
33333333) Unless I get another job soon I'm basically available 24/7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)