The Official "Complain about being beat by Seattle Defense" Thread

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only problem with keeper leagues is the turnover we have from year to year, especially in Leagues B and C. If a person drops out and someone else takes their place, do they inherit the Keepers designated by the previous owner? If so, this could work, but if not I think it'd be hard to maintain.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was really more referring to Leagues B and C, but you're right League A is pretty stable so it'd work best there.

In my money league, I've made the championship game (week 17 fml) with some shitty luck at the WR/TE position (you can play either). Here's some of the guys I've had:

Randall Cobb: Dropped after week 3
Percy Harvin: IR
Dwayne Bowe: IR
Titus Young: IR (not because he's injured but because he's an asshole)
Cecil Shorts: Concussion, out week 17

This week I'm in a bit of trouble. At the moment, all I have left is Roddy White (probably won't play the whole game, but I *have* to start him), Mike Wallace (injured, might not play), Greg Jennings (luckily picked him up a week before he came back), and Martellus Bennett (don't trust him this week at all).

tldr I need a WR or TE this week badly. Any opinions? Here are some guys I was looking at:

Brandon Lafell/Greg Olsen @ NO
Antonio Gates vs Oak (ugh)
TY Hilton/Donnie Avery vs Hou (Reggie Wayne won't play the whole game, these guys probably will)
Santana Moss vs Dal

And that's it. The entire list is terrible, about what you can expect for week 17. It'll cost me $25 to pick up anyone, and the swing from first to second place is about $500.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I only played one league this year, and was able to win it.

Seahawks Defense and Marshawn Lynch carried me so hard.

Since it looks like Dez is done for the game...

Pick up Gates and Hilton, they're worth starting.
I should have listened on Hilton. He's the guy I wanted, but my gut said to pick up Olsen so I went with it. Not too happy with myself right now.

Regret #2: My opponent had Andy Dalton as his only QB. I considered using my higher waiver wire spot to pick up Russell Wilson, but decided against it.

Regret #3: Marshawn Lynch had a 4 yard TD run with 2 minutes left in today's game. Upon review, it was (rightfully) called back. Russell Wilson ended up running it in for a 6 point TD. I lost by exactly 6 points.

I am immensely happy with 2nd place, but this was a tough loss. At least there's always next year!

Ironically, Marshawn had the exact yardage last week that allowed me to win both fantasy matchups. Five yards more or less and I would have lost one of the two matchups... in this game, a couple inches would have won me about $500 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)