The Offstat Tournament - ~Finals~ [Won by Django]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
| Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Semifinals |
Approved by Earthworm and the Tournament Director Team!

Excellent art by RitterCat!

The Offstat Tourney

Introduction

Have you ever wondered how Focus Blast Machamp would fare? How about Choice Band Alakazam? It seems pretty obvious that these sets would be outclassed in standard OU matches. But if everyone's Pokemon were like this, would they go far? Well now is the time to find out!

Rules

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise. If you're uncomfortable playing on Pokemon Showdown, matches can be played on Pokemon Online v2, which has also updated to BW2.
Special Rules
  • This tournament is standard BW2 OU, except:
  • Pokemon may only use attacks coming off their weaker attack stat (e.g. Machamp can only use Special moves, Espeon can only use Physical moves)*. Status and other non-attacking moves are allowed (e.g. Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Rain Dance, Protect, Substitute, etc.).
  • Only Pokemon with a difference of at least 50 between their Attack and Special Attack stats are allowed. The list of allowed Pokemon is provided below.
  • For balancing purposes, no hazards are allowed.
*Night Shade is treated as a regular Special move; Seismic Toss is treated as a regular Physical move.

List of allowed Pokemon, courtesy of Earthworm:
Code:
Abra
Absol
Aggron
Alakazam
Anorith
Armaldo
Axew
Beheeyem
Bisharp
Blissey
Bonsly
Bouffalant
Braviary
Breloom
Chandelure
Conkeldurr
Cranidos
Darmanitan [B](Zen Mode Darmanitan is not allowed, because it always breaks Clause 2)[/B]
Darumaka
Dodrio
Doduo
Donphan
Drilbur
Druddigon
Duosion
Durant
Escavalier
Espeon
Fraxure
Gallade
Garchomp
Gardevoir
Gastly
Gengar
Geodude
Gigalith
Glaceon
Gliscor
Golem
Golurk
Granbull
Gurdurr
Gyarados
Hariyama
Haunter
Haxorus
Heracross
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Jynx
Kabutops
Kadabra
Kangaskhan
Keldeo [B](Keldeo-R is not allowed, because it must by definition always utilise Secret Sword, hence Breaking Clause 2)[/B]
Kingler
Krabby
KrookodileLampent
Leafeon
Lilligant
Machamp
Machoke
Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Meloetta [B](Meloetta-P is not allowed, because it must first come from a Relic Song-using Meloetta, which breaks Clause 2)[/B]
Mr. Mime
Musharna
Omanyte
Omastar
Pinsir
Porygon-Z
Rampardos
Regice
Regigigas
Regirock
Reuniclus
Rhydon
Rhyhorn
Rhyperior
Roggenrola
Roserade
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Sawk
Scizor
Scyther
Shedinja
Slaking
Smoochum
Sneasel
Solosis
Staraptor
Stoutland
Sudowoodo
Tauros
Terrakion
Throh
Timburr
Togekiss
Trapinch
Ursaring
Volcarona
Weavile
Zangoose
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity th eft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Last Round:
Coinflip Wins
Husky vs breh

This Round:
Pairings

Husky vs V4Victini
V4Victini vs Django
Django vs Husky

Do I really need to set a deadline 9.9

Good luck to everyone! Kyu-B is still banned.
===
It's the finals; as such, please send in your logs / replays!

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I VM'd Husky twice now, and he's only logged on once in about 10 days, with no response. I think everyone involved wants this tour to end so yeah...hopefully we can play soon !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)