The OI Hub

Cheers, all ^.^

So, I've spent the past few days getting a hub set up for Orange Islands. You can check it out here.

Currently, it features OI-related news, links to in-game resources and articles, the 2013 Movie Night schedule, and Orange League leaderboards. This is our own little part of the site for our community, and I encourage anyone that wants to help out to do so!

There are plenty of ways you can pitch in, if you're interested. If you would like to write up some in-game guides, check out the Letters section of C&C. Either Solace, Oglemi, or I will approve your idea. If you're artistically inclined and want to draw for us, you can PM Birkal or me about what you can do. If there's something newsworthy that you'd like to see on the hub's home page, you can post it here and one of the OI mods can upload it for you.

If something isn't featured on the hub that you'd like to see implemented, feel free to post it here as well. Let's make this hub snazzy :3

I see a couple things that can be improved in the Resources section; specifically the Challenges section.

First off the description of the Scramble Challange is erroneous in it's statement that people are only allowed to use 6 Pokemon for it. While 6 is the standard assumed number, people can request any number of Scramblemons to use. A better description would read "Scramblers are only allowed to use the Pokemon that other people have assigned to them, which come with various restrictions to make the play-through more interesting". Or something similar.

Also I think that my Gauntlet Challenge should be listed in that section. While it's not as big as the Nuzlocke of Scramble Challenges, it is the only other major challenge thread to really stand the test of time (coming up on 6 months now). While it might not see that activity of the other threads, requested challenges are still filled promptly so I see no reason for it to not be listed.

If you need a discription, this could do: "Another community driven in-game challenge similar to the Scramble Challenge, only instead of being assigned Pokemon by other people challengers are given a series of varied "gauntlet" restrictions on their play-through. These "gauntlets" can be challenges that last the whole playthrough, or one time challenges for specific areas or battles."

You can change it a little bit first but I do ask you vet the description with me to make sure it doesn't misrepresent the challenge.

Anyway, glad to see the hub, looks pretty helpfull for newer members. I do wonder though if it's not possible to someone make it easier to navigate to from the main page of the site? I can't figure out how to get to it from there, or even if it's possible. Then again it being a section for a subforum I'm not sure it's SUPPOSED to be accessible from the main page of the site, but I'd thought I'd point it's difficult to get to in case it is supposed to be accessible from there.

Changed, Jimera~

Also, if you wanna tweak anything on the hub, you or any other badgeholder can do so here.

Since I mentioned badges, I might as well add that writing Letters and Articles for the hub can get you
Pre-Contributor and
Contributor. Likewise, submitting quality art helps earn
Artist. General hub updates, maintenance, and whatnot can also go towards
Community Contributor ^.^

Right now, there's no link from the main page. I'm currently working on getting the various hubs up-to-date and presentable so they can all be officially launched, at which point a link to them will be added :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)