The OM Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Approved multiple times by Arcticblast. Format stolen from Cherub Agent's NUgget Bridge.
The OM Frontier
Welcome to the OM Frontier, yet another competition for the OM community. Five notable trainers from the Johto region have gathered and are ready to accept your challenge. The challenge is to beat all 5, and then hold on to your victorious crown for as long as is possible. The battles will be heated, the preparations grueling, the scenery exhilirating... or that's what the brochure says, anyway. So with the introduction out of the way, let's get started.​
Here are the five Frontier Brains you have to beat:​
Tower Tycoon The Immortal
— Balanced Hackmons —​
~
Wins: 2.​
{Axaj, Adrian Marin}​
Losses: 0.​
You could be the first!​
Castle Valet V4
— Glitchmons —​
~
Wins: 0.​
You could be the first! (Hopefully not though >_<)​
Losses: 2.​
{The Immortal, Level 51}​
Hall Matron The_Eevee_General
— STABmons —​
~
Wins: 3.​
{The Immortal, Mr Omgness, SpartanMalice}​
Losses: 0.​
You could be the first!​
Factory Head Audiosurfer
— Smogon Doubles —​
~
Wins: 2.​
{Lagalag4, The Immortal}​
Losses: 1.​
{Level 51}​
Arcade Star Mr Omgness
— Tier Shift —​
~
Wins: 0.​
You could be the first! (Hopefully not though >_<)​
Losses: 1.​
{The Immortal}​
Owner ???
— Best-Of-Five match: —​
— Balanced Hackmons, Glitchmons, STABmons, Doubles, Tier Shift —​
So, who is the actual owner of the Frontier? Well, it could be you! The first trainer to beat all five trainers will become the owner, beneficiary of all the revenue brought in by the OM Frontier. All future challengers must beat you to become the new owner. The ultimate aim of this is to hold onto your plush leather seat in your office for as long as possible.​
Rules:​
  • If you are challenged as a Frontier Brain or the owner you must not john.
  • Frontier Brains can challenge the Frontier, but get to skip themselves. If one of them becomes the Rocket, they will be replaced by me.
  • All matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. Matches can be carried out in the Joim's Lab server if the metagame is unavailable in the official Smogon server (for example, in the case of STABmons).
  • If you lose, your Symbols are maintained, but you must wait 48 hours before you challenge the Frontier Brain who beat you again.
  • If you lose as the owner, you will lose all your Symbols and have to work your way back up again.
  • You only get one challenge against the current owner in a best-of-five match including all five metagames, lose and you have to recollect all your Symbols all over again.
  • To start your challenge, simply post in this thread saying you are going to play, and then report back with your wins and losses. Sharing logs and replays is encouraged.
  • Be sure to announce on IRC in #othermetas when you are about to play, so that people can enjoy some "quality" OM matches.
  • The competition ends sometime in August I think
Scoring:​
  • Beating a Frontier Brain earns you a Silver Symbol. This is worth 2 points.
  • You can challenge a Frontier Brain as the owner. If you win you get the Gold Symbol, worth another 2 points. If you lose, though, you lose your owner status.
  • Each day you are owner for, you get 1 point.
  • Beating the current owner earns you 3 points.
  • If you're owner and you beat someone who challenges you, you get an extra 1 point.

This sounds super duper exciting, I would totally love to participate in this kind of event. Get ready to etch my name up there as the owner because I'm coming after you frontier brains!

Hope to see some good games, especially looking forward to TS and STABmons! I'm looking for some new inspiration in these tiers :).

For any challengers: I'm often on Joim's lab as CookieMonstah. On main I'm mostly using alts as I'm testing stuff out in various tiers, so best bet is to PM me here for a challenge or find me on Joim's Lab.

EV

Banned deucer.
I will be on Joims more often than the other servers. Please PM me on here if you want to arrange a battle if I'm not on PS. ^_^

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I play Tier Shift and Stabmons often, so why not. Gonna have to learn a bit more about Doubles though, and I've never played more than one glitchmons game as well.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I'd like to see 6 move, it's one of those metas I've always wanted to play but never got a chance to since no one ever does. AFAIK, at least.

I'm in. Probably gonna take a while before I challenge Brains other than TheEeveeGeneral though as I have never played too much OM's aside from Stabmons.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
wow Pwnemon is an oracle or something
anyway I'm in so I can wreck my own frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)