The OM Hub

approved by our new leaders, The Immortal and Eevee General :heart:

What is this?
The Other Metagames Hub is a central place for information, every other tier has one as well. The Other Metagames Hub, however, has been nearly untouched for many moons and we decided that: "hey, we've got a hub, let's put some use to it", and so we did. But then what is the purpose of this thread, you might ask, and I'll go into that later. But firstly, I'd like to personally thank the people who've worked on this including myself, The Eevee General, Arcticblast, Joim, and Hollywood. Because of these people, we've been able to respring the Hub and hopefully create an active place for OM news and for general help to people! Basically, this thread is to offer suggestions to the hub, pages you'd like to see created, or anything in between (maybe a compliment ;)).

Well, tell me about the Hub then?
I'm quite glad you asked :]. I'll talk about each section now!

Home
The Home page is where all the action will go! This page will feature news, updates, tournaments, and anything else in between. Basically, the home page is like 'the living room' of the hub, where everything is based around and resides. If you would like anyone to update it, please feel free to PM me, The Eevee General, or Hollywood with a description and why it deserves to be on the site! This portion will be regularly updated and maintained, so if you see an error please contact us :]. This is the portion of the hub that will direct and lead you to wherever you'd like to go, having all links on the left side of the screen with a direction to everywhere. From the main website of smogon.com, you can access the hub by clicking the link at the very top or simply adding /tiers/om to the smogon url, it's not available for view from the main site itself, however. For newer users, this is the place where hopefully all of your questions can be answered, a place where you can learn the rules and begin your Other Metagame journey! On this page you will be linked to different pages which have information that can guide you.

Metagames
The Metagames page is a heavy work in progress still, but we're working on it as best we can! This is the portion of the hub that actually delves into metagames and gives users some tips and the general idea of the metagame. This is the one portion of the hub with branches to different links and metagames, for all of your needs. These branches include popular metagames such as PU, Balanced Hackmons, and STABmons. Eventually, our hope is to fill this page with as many metagames as we possibly can so that you can access every metagame at the ease of your fingertip; this is another place you would be able to help out with! That's what we're looking for, the community bringing back up the hub for the community!

OMPL
OMPL is my personal favorite page, meant to share about our premier league. This page includes things like managers, the lineups and wins each week, and a brief write up for each week. Here, you can find all of this information in a stylish manner! This page was designed by me and Eevee General for ease on the eyes and for general (haha) information.

FAQ
The FAQ page is exactly what it sounds like - a FAQ! This page hopefully answers any of your concerns or questions regarding anything relating to OMs. When you're unsure of something, simply pulling up the FAQ and doing a brief search will hopefully answer your questions. This page is mainly for newer users, but older users may need a refresher every once in awhile as well!

Submission
The Submission page is currently a work-in-progress, but it's steadily being added. This page will contain all of the steps of submission, where to submit, and anything regarding or relating to submission. This page is also for newer users and can hopefully help everyone get involved and help them to submit their own metagames!

Other News
This is our community newsletter run by Eevee General and unfixable. It features a spotlight on the OMotM, the new metagames and pet mods created the previous month, tour and Showdown! highlights, plus extra stuff like new art work.

Well, there you have it! Our brand new clean and squeaky OM Hub, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelog
  • 1/10/15 - Added FU page and fixed few kinks here and there.
  • 1/25/15 - Added AAA page, added submissions page.

Last edited:
I was actually really hoping for this to be brought up again, wow! :o

I don't really have much to say at the moment but this sounds nice and I look forward to it. Great job. =)

Really nice work! I was impressed with the BH article, and in general the sheer amount of work put into the Hub.

However, a few rules are missing, those being the Evasion, Ability, and -ate clauses. Would you mind adding those?

edit: wait the Hackmons ladder is coming back soon? :o

MAMP

MAMP!
The BH page says that you can have 252 EV's in each stat, which is no longer true. Otherwise, this looks great to me so far, good job everyone! I'm looking forward to see this develop.

EDIT: The smog article linked to on the BH page is incredibly out of date, and should probably be removed from that page imo

Updated everything above n_n. Also, just a note to everyone: it takes time for these changes to go through, it's not instant! The way the SCMS is set up makes it so a site staff has to approve every change before it goes on site, which could range anywhere from five minutes to five days (though, it's likely just around a few hours or so), so if it doesn't go through right away, just be patient, it will :).

This looks great!

Just a question, can you add Monotype? I'm sure the staff and I will happily work on its content

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
Our first issue of Other News has hit the digital shelves! Inside you'll find OMotM coverage on Classic Hackmons, see all the new OMs and pet mods made in January, get an overview of tours that happened along with highlights on Showdown!, plus a miscellaneous section with news on the new PU subforum and a gallery of artwork from Other Metagames. Have feedback? Want to submit your art? Message Eevee General and unfixable or post questions/comments directly in this thread. Enjoy!

Really nice and thorough recap of the month. Good job guys!

For the next month: it might be a good idea to generally recap some of the action taking place in each of the most popular OMs (like the discussion going on in the threads, for instance).

Reactions: EV
just to clarify what I meant was that you would show what the questions asked for the interviews were and show the questions asked by other members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)