Challenge The Orange League - Pokemon Amie Head It (Deadline 3/14/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Art by Kadew)
Welcome everyone to Round 6! If you're new to the Orange League, check out this thread. But without any further ado, let's get into the next challenge!

~*Challenge*~
This round we finally move away from the Pokeathlon and onto an even sillier place: Pokemon Amie! We're venturing into XY with Head It, one of the new mini-games included in Pokemon Amie. You'll all be competing to see who can hit the most balls of yarn and get the most points in Unlimited mode. This will most likely come down to who gets the longest streak without dropping a ball of yarn since the score bonus from your longest streak is the only thing that can bring your score above 999 points (and reaching 999 points is fairly easy). So try and make sure that you don't drop that yarn!

(picture taken from Serebii)

Rules and Guidelines:
1. Pokemon X or Pokemon Y versions.
2. Head it, unlimited mode only.
3. Please do not submit past scores: go out and get a new one.
4. No glitch abuse, cheats, save state abuse, RNG manipulation, screenshot manipulation, submitting someone else's score as your own, etc. If we have solid reason to believe you have cheated you WILL be permanently disqualified from this round and all future rounds, as well as have your name stricken from the leader board. Also, Hulavuta will cry.
5. No sign-ups required, but posting on this topic if you're interested in competing would be appreciated.
6. All submissions must be in by 11:59PM EST on March 14th, 2014.
7. In the unlikely event of a tie, the person who submitted their score first will win.

Submitting:

Start a Conversation with TheOrangeLeague and send us photographic (screenshots or camera photos) proof of your score. We're looking for the screen where your score is tallied at the end of an attempt. You can submit as many times as you want.

If you have any further questions, first refer to the main topic. If that fails, then contact either Hulavuta or Jimera0 via forum conversation or in #orangeislands.

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ah yea! If you do the puzzle thing though, I'm leaving the internet forever (just kidding, but that one is HARD imo)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Are you looking for the longest Streak or the Highest score?

Or the Highest Score with the Tie breaker of the longest Streak? I am unsure what to submit.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DHR-107 pretty sure it's just overral score, but you need to focus on getting a massive final streak because your score caps at 999 then adds whatever your final streak is...

Are you looking for the longest Streak or the Highest score?

Or the Highest Score with the Tie breaker of the longest Streak? I am unsure what to submit.
Can't Say has it right. It's the highest score that will win, but the user with the highest score will almost certainly also have the longest streak because past 999 points the only thing that can get you more points is having a long streak.

To give people an idea of what's possible in head-it, my current high score before attempting this challenge is 1393 points (meaning I got a streak of 394, since you get bonus points equivalent to your highest steak at the end of the game and your score before the end of the game caps at 999 points). It takes practice to get that high, yes, but once you get a rhythm down getting streaks of 150 (which usually gets you to the 999 soft limit) is pretty easy.

Make sure you're playing in unlimited mode, not hard or normal or easy. (You can unlock unlimited mode by 3-staring all the other modes, which should take you around 10 minutes at most). The other modes have a time limit rather than a 3-strikes your out system, and because of that they have theoretical max scores that I didn't want to risk us potentially running into.

It shouldn't take you even 10 minutes to unlock unlimited. It took me about 4.

Anyways, I uncovered the scoring (I think). You get 1-3 points (2-6 if you have a streak of 15+) per ball of yarn you head. Every multiple of 10 you reach in your streak, you get an extra ten points. I have generally averaged around 45 points when I read 15. After adding those two numbers together and capping it at 999, your highest streak is added to the score. If you can get 333 points per streak (or a streak a little over 50), you should be able to reach the cap. Beyond that, the only thing to matter is your streak length.

As far as submitting your score goes, could I just send in a picture of my current high score (which was set since this challenge began) since I've yet to beat it, or do I have to possess proof that it was set since this challenge began?

For submissions you should take a picture of the screen where it breaks down your final score (at which point the game prompts you on the bottom screen to play again or quit). This ensures that the score you're submitting is a new one, not one from before.

I'd like to see how this will go. My only issue is that my Unlimited round will take the course of an entire day (plus breaks), and it was just frustrating to not stop.

Never participated in these but I think I'll give it a go, I love little challenges. I've always been much better at Berry Picking though.

DHR-107 pretty sure it's just overral score, but you need to focus on getting a massive final streak because your score caps at 999 then adds whatever your final streak is...
I'm pretty sure it's the best streak you get. I went for 700 in the first try, and never went past it in the other two, and counted that.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure it's the best streak you get. I went for 700 in the first try, and never went past it in the other two, and counted that.
Jimera already confirmed that it's the score...

EDIT: I suck so hard at this. It's so easy to lose focus and miss one, or get to excited and press early, especially when there's that pause before they start again and the balls are heaps slower... Don't think my score will be very competitive this round :(

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I can't find any benchmark scores on the web anywhere so I have no idea if my score good or not. I'm leaning towards not though lol. Definitely makes this round more interesting though

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do you know how close I was to throwing my 3DS out the window after one particularly good round was ruined by my having to scratch an itchy spot on my chin

And the other I lost the first ball of yarn after like 40-some points, and the second was ruined by a sneeze and my final score was one higher than the last good round

This game is completely ruined by the 999 score cap. It would've had a lot of interesting variables otherwise.

This was really frustrating... I finally had a good run going I was at 834 with a streak then I miss tapped and messed up. but then after two consecutive miss taps due to the slower yarn balls my streak was over. So my streak wasn't even high enough to make it to the leaderboard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)