1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Challenge The Orange League - Round 3: Congratulations Grammar Slammers!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by TheOrangeLeague, Oct 2, 2012.

1. TheOrangeLeague

TheOrangeLeague

[​IMG]

Alright, Round 3 of the Orange League has begun! The rules can be found here. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague. Any questions should be PMed to Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf, or simply asked in #OrangeIslands on SynIRC.

Now, for our contestants:

Team SteelSeed:
    Garud, Atsync, LockDown, Jimera0, and waffles101

Mowdown Hoedown:
    Birkal, Solace, WildEep, Nexus, and Charmander

The Grammar Slammers:
    SuperJOCKE, DHR-107, Its_A_Random, Diana, and Wobbanaut

Team Tumbleweed:
    Zystral, jas61292, Princess of Johto, TheMagicalCake, Dark Arceus

Some #OI Guys:Mekkah, Level-51, Carl, Hobert

Rodan And Co:
    Rodan, MikeDecIsHere, Layell, Executive Proton, FireMage

I rounded out Team Tumbleweed (hope you guys don't mind), then split up the remaining randoms into a reformed Some #OI Guys and Rodan And Co, so everyone that signed up has a team ^.^

And finally, what you've all been looking forward to, the challenges:

• Pokemon Snap (N64) - Highest Valley level score
    • Pokemon Emerald (GBA) - Longest Battle Pike streak
    • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN) - Most Battle Bingo cards obtained
    • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS) - Fastest speedrun (beating the Elite Four)
    • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) - Highest Block Smash score (Pokeathlon)

Remember, all scores must be achieved within the next 10 days. No previous scores may be submitted. Diamond/Pearl is a speedrun and Pokemon XD is an odd case: both will require a new file (please use your username, space permitting, for further evidence; for XD, get photos after each card is obtained). Older files may be used for the other games. Anyone caught cheating (such as using hacks, submitting other peoples scores, using old scores, giving other people your scores to submit, etc.) will be kicked out of this competition and banned from joining all future Orange League rounds. Also, Birkal will leave you so many tl;dr ethical discourses on your profile that you'll weep every time you see "1 New Visitor Message", so don't do it!

Let's keep this fun and clean, people. Good luck, and may the best team win!
  2. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Battle Pike. Sweet.
    I am automatically discounted for the speedrun, however.
  3. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Thank god I clicked on the thread, I wouldn't have realized I was a part of Team Tumbleweed lol. Looks like I'm brick smashing in HG/SS or Battle Bingo'ing in XD. I have a mild change at emerald if I can get through my copy again fast enough.

Edit: What does it mean by most battle bingo cards obtained? Just after you complete one pic it and do that for the total of 10 and 1 bonus?
  4. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Correct. You will be ranked on your final total number of Bingo cards completed, supported by picture evidence.
  5. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

diamond and pearl suck
  6. Birkal

Birkal CAW
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

[youtube]j-4ma4DD9-E[/youtube]

get pumped
  7. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

Are you allowing glitches in Diamond/Pearl? You should probably ban them, given that not everyone can do the glitches required to, say, skip from Jubilife to the Hall of Fame.
  8. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Glitches of any form in any game are banned from use and abuse of them will be considered cheating.
  9. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Hoping the rest of my team was able to get through the other games, because I was a bit busy and could only work on my blocksmash record. Go Team Tumbleweed
  10. TheOrangeLeague

TheOrangeLeague

We only got 7 PMs v.v

I'm guessing everyone's playing BW2 (definitely understandable, lol). As such, we're giving this round a 1 week extension. See you folks in 7 days; LGI!
  11. waffles101

waffles101

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was waiting all week for the next round :(
  12. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I blame B2W2 for the fact that I get more chances to post scores in this round. :P
  13. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Awwww :( I would of scored points! I guess this does give me more time to refine Snap a little more and attempt to get more points. Valley is such a busy level. So many things you can easily miss.

AFAIK, there are twelve species there? And is there anyway of always getting Starmie to appear?
  14. PoJ

PoJ

I wasn't aware that the round was posted at 1 AM 10 days ago, so I thought I had until tonight to submit my scores. Sorry! :p
  15. FireMage

FireMage @_@ @_@
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm having trouble getting pictures from my phone to my computer. Thank god for the extension.
  16. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Gotta admit, I was guilty of this. Plus being sick today meant I couldn't even send in my blocksmash score until now at the earliest...Now I can earn all the battle bingo cards easily and still enjoy bw 2.
  17. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

lolololololol BW2 2 gud
  18. TheOrangeLeague

TheOrangeLeague

First off, our results:

Block Smash
    Diana - 156 (5)
    Level 51 - 148 (3)
    Princess of Johto - 139 (1)

Battle Bingo
    Diana - 11 (5)
    Layell - 6 (3)

Pokemon Snap (Valley level)
    Diana - 2,686,710 (5)

DP Speedrun
    LockDown - 5:52 (5)
    Its_A_Random - 6:46 (3)

Battle Pike
    waffles101 - 139 (5)
    atsync - 131 (3)
    Hobert - 112 (1)

Congratulations to the Grammar Slammers, who garnered 18 points for the win. Also, a big congrats to Diana, who took home an impressive 15 points to be this round's MVP!

Overall, there were a lot less submissions for this round than usual, even with the week extension. We're going to take a bit of a hiatus from The Orange League for now, as we don't want interest in it burning out. Don't worry, The Orange League will be back! Also, I'll update the onsite leaderboards whenever I get a computer again. Sorry they're so far behind right now ;-;

Oh, and when The Orange League does return, you can expect something a little extra special that round~
  19. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Wow, great job guys. Especially since two of us didn't have the time to do anything this round. And for that I apologize.

I hope you're up for joining The Grammar Slammers again, whenever the 4th round starts. I will pull my weight for the team that round, that I promise you!

Also, Diana, you're awesome. ^.^
  20. Diana

Diana This isn't even my final form
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor Alumnus

Wait I was the only one who did Snap? That's a surprise.

I think when BW2 is out for a while people will be up for playing other games again.
  21. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Instead of putting this on hiatus, perhaps make all of the challenges next round BW2. Most of us are playing it right now after all.
  22. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

YEAH!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1

I still cannot win anything, though... x.x

Also, The OL Hub thing still has not been updated since R2 start, iirc.
  23. PoJ

PoJ

Congrats, Team Grammar Slammers :D And great job, Diana!
  24. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Diana too pro o.o

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)