1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Challenge The Orange League - Round 3 Sign-Ups

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by TheOrangeLeague, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOrangeLeague

TheOrangeLeague

[​IMG]
    *art by Kythro*​

Welcome one and all to the Orange League, Orange Island's first major competition. In it, teams will duke it out to show off their mini-game skills, fastest speedruns, and highest scores. Every two weeks, a new round kicks off and new teams are formed.

As each round begins, competitors will be informed of which games will be used. They will have 4 days to assemble a team of people with access to at least one those games. If there are 5 games in the round, teams can be anywhere from 1 to 5 players (yes, soloing is allowed). If you are having trouble finding teammates, feel free to post which games you have in this thread and VM others that own the games you lack. You are also encouraged to go on #orangeislands on SynIRC to organize teams.

After sign-ups, the actual events will be announced. Teams will have 10 days to get the best scores they can in each event. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague, along with photographic evidence of the scores. These don't have to be great quality pictures (feel free to use your cell phone or whatever), but SCORES SENT WITHOUT PHOTO EVIDENCE WILL NOT COUNT. All scores must be obtained during the 10 day timeframe. We don't care if you got your highest Snap score last week; go get it again. For speedruns, your player name should be your Smogon username (character space permitting), so as to further identify the score as your own.

First place will receive 5 points, second will get 3, and third will get 1. If two or more players from the same team make it into the top 3, their team will be awarded those points (i.e. 8 points if two team members get first and second in one event).

On-site leaderboards are kept for those with the highest total points earned. Also, there is an Archive of past round winners.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf. We'll be happy to help!

Finally, I hate that I have to say this, but it needs to be stressed. There is zero tolerance for cheating. If you are caught cheating or helping others cheat, such as by posting pictures of other people's scores, giving your teammates your scores to submit, using scores from before the beginning of the round, abusing glitches or cheat codes, etc., you will be banned from joining any future Orange League event, and potentially banned from future OI competitions as well. Also, I will personally make sure that Birkal spams your profile with tl;dr VMs about morality, so don't do it!

Now, on to the fun part! The third round will use the following games:
    • Pokemon Snap (N64)
    • Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
    • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
    • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
    • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

With 5 games this round, your team may have up to 5 players. You have 4 days to track down others with the games you lack and assemble your team. Good luck, and have fun ^.^
  2. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I'm in, I guess :|
  3. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Well, I'm signing up Team Grammar Slammers again. Any old teammembers are welcomed to join again. New ones as well ofc. But for now:

The Grammar Slammers
    SuperJOCKE
    DHR-107
    Wobbanaut
    Its_A_Random
    Diana

EDIT: Ok, we're a full force now. Awesome gang I must say.
  4. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Sure SuperJOCKE... I wish I knew where my XD disk was. That will probably be a speed run though.
  5. waffles101

waffles101

ahhh i love RSE. Count me in, im happy to go same old team or whatever
  6. Garud

Garud

And Round 3 will feature the return of Round 1's champions and Round 2's Champions.

Team SteelSeed
    Garud (c)
    Atsync (vc)
    Jimera0
    LockDown
    Waffles101

Edit: After a herculean effort in rounds 1 and 2, Atsync will be joining once again.
  7. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Willing to rejoin Grammar Slammers for another round. I can play RSE, DPPT, & HGSS.
  8. waffles101

waffles101

Im happy to jump in steelseed if you want. Im on holidays and free to grind RSE (also have dpp and hgss)

EDIT: apparently not, still open 4 anyone
  9. Garud

Garud

I'm happy to take you too. Welcome aboard.
  10. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Team Tumbleweed back for another round?
    Recalling billymills, Princess of Johto, jas61292, and Deinosaur.
  11. FireMage

FireMage Fallen Ill :(
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Does having Pokémon Snap on Virtual Console for the Wii count?
    EDIT@Below Sweet, I've got access to all 5 of the listed games then!

I'll join any team needing a space filled - This time I'll actually submit a score for something :D

EDIT - Joined forces with RODAN
  12. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Virtual Console definitely counts. Also, Snap players were in high demand first round, so you're in luck ^.^
  13. Diana

Diana Fennekin the cutest
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor Alumnus

Okay sure, why not. I'll join any team that needs someone, I have all 5 games.

Edit: ended up getting on the Grammar Slammers after talking on IRC. Makes that simple enough.
  14. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I feel a need to redeem myself for a lack of doing much last round. And, especially with snap being back, I can hopefully do that here. I'm in, once again.
  15. Wobbanaut

Wobbanaut

Im up to join The Grammar Slammers again i can play HGSS and Emerald not too.sure bout DpPt cause i hav plat and its not mentioned
  16. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

While I have all of these games I would like to say I am an expert at Pokemon XD and will gladly join any team that requires a player for that.
  17. RODAN

RODAN big black dick of fate
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

id be in for rse as i know the ins and outs of that game
  18. PoJ

PoJ

I'm in, this time I'll be more determined to score our team some points.

But, do any of you guys have XD? o.o
  19. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

If anyone wants a member that can play...
    Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
    Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
    Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

I'm game because I have all of those. And members of the team can play multiple games right and multiple members can play the same game right? (I'm asking as back up in case volunteering for 4 games is too much :) ). If no to those then I can play 1 one of the 4 (which is preferred anyway, but I can take up a second and maybe a 3rd if need be for a backup score)
  20. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Alright, just posting to say that The Grammar Slammers are a full force now.

I (happily) added DHR, IAR, Wobbanaut, and Diana. (:
  21. Executive Proton

Executive Proton

If any one needs a player who has pokemon diamond and soul silver, I am here!
  22. RODAN

RODAN big black dick of fate
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

23. Hobert

Hobert

By order of Jellicent, I'm in. I can do Emerald.
  24. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I wouldn't mind doing Ruby/Diamond/HG for any team besides Rodan's :|
    If you see this, Mekkah, team pls :>
  25. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Mowdown's gonna be coming back again. Maybe we'll do something this round.

Wild Eep, Nexus, Birkal, Charmander, and Solace
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)