Challenge The Orange League - Round 4: Congrats Team SteelSeed ^.^

Alright, Round 4 of the Orange League has begun! The rules can be found here. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague. Any questions should be PMed to Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf, or simply asked in #OrangeIslands on SynIRC.

Now, for our contestants:

Team SteelSeed:
Garud, Atsync, LockDown, Espeon65, and inanimate blob

The Grammar Slammers:
SuperJOCKE, DHR-107, Its_A_Random, Diana, and Level 51

Rodan And Co:
Rodan, Fatecrashers, Mekkah, FireMage, and Deinosaur

And finally, what you've all been looking forward to, the challenges:

• Pokemon Snap (N64) - Highest Beach level score
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (GBA) - Little Cup Speedrun. Only unevolved Pokemon that are capable of evolution are legal
  • Pokemon Pinball: RS (GBA) - Highest score, any table
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) - Fastest Hurdle Dash time
  • Pokemon Black/White (DS) - Longest Super Line Mixed Doubles Subway streak (with the A.I. as a teammate)

Remember, all scores must be achieved within the next 2 weeks. No previous scores may be submitted. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is a speedrun, so it will require a new file (please use your username, space permitting, for further evidence). Older files may be used for the other games. Anyone caught cheating (such as using hacks, submitting other peoples scores, using old scores, giving other people your scores to submit, etc.) will be kicked out of this competition and banned from joining all future Orange League rounds. Also, Birkal will leave you so many tl;dr ethical discourses on your profile that you'll weep every time you see "1 New Visitor Message", so don't do it!

Let's keep this fun and clean, people. Good luck, and may the best team win!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
How are we to verify the Little Cup Speedrun? Other Speedruns could be done with a picture at the end... I suppose we could use the Hall Of Fame records page (on the PC) if that's ok?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How are we to verify the Little Cup Speedrun? Other Speedruns could be done with a picture at the end... I suppose we could use the Hall Of Fame records page (on the PC) if that's ok?
iirc, the Hall of Fame records page also displays the time, so I take it as it being legit.

At any rate, good luck all. Let us do this, Grammar Slammers! Also, the OP misspelt Level 51—There is no hyphen in his name. /pedantic

Also, for the little cup speedrun, do you need to have 6 pokemon? I mean I know 1 pokemon is a little weak because you have less than no type coverage but...

Team SteelSeed, I'll handle the Speedrun if you want.

My only other option would be the Hurdle Dash, which is fortunately one of my stronger events, but I can do it if it comes to that.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of the wrong event (the one on the track). Will handle.

Team SteelSeed, I'll handle the Speedrun if you want.

My only other option would be the Hurdle Dash, which is fortunately one of my stronger events, but I can do it if it comes to that.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of the wrong event (the one on the track). Will handle.
You do realize that A) You can do more than one event and B) More than one team member can do the same event. For B though, you just get two scores, so you can get more points!

Yeah, sorry about late-postyness guys. But I'm pretty happy with the team, so lets do this! :)

EDIT: Can we get a clarification on Mixed-Doubles? I'm assuming that's the Multi-train, but is it the Multi (easy) or Super Multi (hard)?

We gave a bit of an extension because there weren't too many scores sent in. Anyways, here's what we've got:

Hurdle Dash:

76.1 - Its A Random (5)
77.9 - atsync (3)
80.2 - Level 51 (1)

Snap Beach:

2506440 - DHR-1 (5)
1912920 - Diana (3)

Subway:

30 - atsync (5)
27 - Garud (3)
14 - Level 51 (1)

RSE LC Speedrun:

4:41 - Garud (5)
9:41 - inanimate blob (3)

RS Pinball:

12,625,132,633 - Diana (5)
1,429,824,799 - LockDown (3)

The final results were close, but Team SteelSeed beat out The Grammar Slammers 22-20. Congrats, Team SteelSeed! ^.^

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm now very happy that I didn't finish the speedrun, it wouldn't have managed to change the results (would have been 22-21 :/)

Otherwise a bit surprised at the lack of entries, actually. Congrats to team SteelSeed, we'll get you next time! (There is going to be a next time, right?)

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
76.1 - Its A Random (5)
77.9 - atsync (3)
So close...

But yeah congrats to everyone for their scores, and nice to see my team do well.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
gg Everyone, grats to all the winners & Team SteelSeed for edging us Grammar Slammers out!

Nice to have come first in something for once, though~

Yay, we won :)

Massive props to the Grammar Slammers who have put in a Herculean effort. And good work Team, proud of you guys :)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah! Snap Winner! I reckon there was more score to eek out of Beach to be honest, but I was quietly confident that score would give me points at least!

Thanks to everyone who takes part in the OL events, it really makes it a nice community thing that we have :) Aslo: Sorry Grammar Slammers, should of put in an effort for hurdle Dash!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Congrats everyone! :) what happened to RODAN and Co u.u lol >.>
That speedrun... o.o 5 hour difference haha !_!
omg I think I'm catching sandzitis u.u !_! e_e o.o NOOO AUGHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)