Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sd mawile + mega camerupt balance? :]
goal of the team is to have camerupt take out bulky poisons that would wall mawile like weezing and garbodor. camerupt acts as a decent fire check because mawile is extremely weak to that. these sets preferably but you can change them up if you'd like.

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

I hate to be "that guy" but it seems my post got ignored(?) Is there a particular reason for this, am I blind or did u not see it

Edit: it was post #39
It hasnt even been a full week yet, and sometimes it takes that long to build, especially with a request as difficult as yours. The reason that you were having trouble with it is because any type of Rain on Balance is virtually impossible to make because you either dedicate 2 mons to an archetype that the rest of the team doesnt fit, or you're trying to build full rain balance which doesnt work at all without perma-weather. A core like this takes a shitton more time than a simple 2 mon offensive core because you'l pretty much have to build a balance team that checks the top threats in the tier in 4 mons. Either way wait at least a week before complaining about not having your free team being built. P.S I saw QoL almost finished with it yesterday

Could you guys make a team with the CB scyther and pawniard core?

Pawniard @ Eviolite
252Att/252Speed/4HP
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
252Attack/252Speed/4Spdef
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Wing Attack
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

So the explanation for this core is that It has splendid synergy (Ignore the fire weakness) and it uses Scyther for momentum. Pawniard serves as a defog punishment since I want hazard stack offense. It also deals with fairies.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
It hasnt even been a full week yet, and sometimes it takes that long to build, especially with a request as difficult as yours. The reason that you were having trouble with it is because any type of Rain on Balance is virtually impossible to make because you either dedicate 2 mons to an archetype that the rest of the team doesnt fit, or you're trying to build full rain balance which doesnt work at all without perma-weather. A core like this takes a shitton more time than a simple 2 mon offensive core because you'l pretty much have to build a balance team that checks the top threats in the tier in 4 mons. Either way wait at least a week before complaining about not having your free team being built. P.S I saw QoL almost finished with it yesterday
I'm just anxious to see the result :] queenie got a hell of a task if he wants to make this work

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HJAD

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 92 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Typhlosion @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So here is the 'rain balance' team you requested. This honestly shouldn't work but it has had surprising results and actually gone undefeated. Rain Dance Memento Uxie is such a weird mon to use but whatever, so I made it support Poliwrath as much as possible, giving it enough SpA to 2HKO phys def Vileplume with Psychic, enough Spe for Rotom-n and then the rest thrown into HP. Standard.Poliwrath is standard so much to talk about there. I thought that since if I'm gonna use Rain Dance, Thunder Scarf Fantom fit on nicely as gave the team a fast revenge killer. Garbodor was next as it's honestly one of the best mons in the tier right now and extra hazards are always nice, giving Poliwrath a much easier time to sweep. Mega Audino gave the team another set up mon and pairs well with Garbodor. Finally, the team needed a fire switch in so Flash Fire Typhlosion was the last slot. The problem with running Flash Fire Typh is that you get a lot of Typh v Typh stalemates, so I made it Charcoal and gave it Earthquake to catch opposing Typhs off guard, 2HKOing them.

So that's the team, it can have trouble with opposing hazard stack, but usually CroDino pulls through anyways, so here you go.

It's something :/

HJAD

Uxie @ Damp Rock
EVs: 192 HP / 92 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Typhlosion @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So here is the 'rain balance' team you requested. This honestly shouldn't work but it has had surprising results and actually gone undefeated. Rain Dance Memento Uxie is such a weird mon to use but whatever, so I made it support Poliwrath as much as possible, giving it enough SpA to 2HKO phys def Vileplume with Psychic, enough Spe for Rotom-n and then the rest thrown into HP. Standard.Poliwrath is standard so much to talk about there. I thought that since if I'm gonna use Rain Dance, Thunder Scarf Fantom fit on nicely as gave the team a fast revenge killer. Garbodor was next as it's honestly one of the best mons in the tier right now and extra hazards are always nice, giving Poliwrath a much easier time to sweep. Mega Audino gave the team another set up mon and pairs well with Garbodor. Finally, the team needed a fire switch in so Flash Fire Typhlosion was the last slot. The problem with running Flash Fire Typh is that you get a lot of Typh v Typh stalemates, so I made it Charcoal and gave it Earthquake to catch opposing Typhs off guard, 2HKOing them.

So that's the team, it ca have trouble with opposing hazard stack, but usually CroDino pulls through anyways, so here you go.

It's something :/
I appreciate your efforts, it really takes something to build a successful team that combines 2 team archetypes especially like rain and balance which are completely different from each other, for sure I will be testing this team to find where its flaws are, posting the replays I had with it.

XiValiant

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 236 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Memento
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

SD Samurott is amazing right now as it is the only SD water type with priority since Feraligatr got banned (thank god amirite). The set is simply max attack max speed adamant with a lum berry in order to have more set up opportunities. I know you wanted knock off as the last move but megahorn provides better coverage and hits water resists a lot harder than knock off. Razor shell was picked over waterfall because the 50% chance to drop defense is honestly amazing and nets so many 2 hit ko's that waterfall with otherwise fail to do so. Next on the squad is SD Jumpluff. This mon helps get rid of bulky waters that would otherwise stop Samurott from sweeping. Also, after being convinced by Soulgazer, i really wanted to use Jumpluff. Next on the squad is Garbodor because spikes support can help Samurott and Jumpluff sweep. Soulgazer also suggested Jumpluff + spikes haha. Garbodor also is a sponge for priority. Next on the list is Uxie. Uxie carries t-wave to slow things down in order to help Samurott as well as memento to further help Samurott or Jumpluff sweep. Next, i needed a flying and normal resist so i chose Probopass. Probo also helps me with Vivillon. Because i added a probopass, i gave it stealth rock and gave Uxie more of a support moveset. Last on the squad is Magmortar. Magmortar completes my fire water grass core as well as hard walls Lilligant. AV Magmortar is also my fire check. Hope the team looks ok n_n.

Hey I'm loving this thread, great job guys! I figured I'd try and give you guys something fun to build around, so I'm going to request you guys build around this core of a unique Samurott set and Klinklang. The idea behind the core is simple, lure in Seismitoad/Quagsire with Samurott which opens up a sweeping opportunity for Klinklang. SD Samurott also brings grass types like Ferroseed and Vileplume which Klinklang can setup on. Feel free to be as creative as you like with your teambuilding!

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute
- Shift Gear

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Hey guys, loving the project thus far. Could I get a Balance Team build around RestTalk Malamar? It's a set I absolutely fell in love with in testing, but certainly needs quite a bit of support. Feel free to change the spread as its just the standard EVs the SMogDex recommends.

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Alright, I'm bad at building teams,so i decided to give this a try.
I've lost to dual dance Rhydon a couple times before, and i always wanted to use it myself,so I'm requesting possibly a balanced/HO team around it.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SilverReaper21

Sorry I took so long, I honestly forgot you requested me to build this. I kinda updated a build I had with LO Samurott from awhile ago, hopefully it still works as well (I didn't have time to test this and its been awhile since you requested it). Taunt on Samurott allows you to beat Crustle HO teams, or at the very least shut them down turn 1. Kangaskhan wears down a lot of teams quickly (nice for Mesprit and Scyther) and pairs well with Samurott offensively because Samurott takes out Rock-types Kangaskhan can struggle with. Mesprit is great for revenge-killing fast threats and the team is overall pretty slow without it. Claydol provides Rapid Spin support for Scyther and Magmortar and sets up Stealth Rock. Scyther is incredibly good in this meta and is probably my favorite Pokemon, lol. Scyther really appreciates Samurott and Kangaskhan denting opposing teams, so it can sweep late-game. Magmortar holds the team together and makes it so that we have a solid answer to Fire-types, you can probably run Hidden Power Water if Mega Camerupt becomes an issue, but Grass is nice for bopping Rhydon's that think you're Choice Specs / Choice Scarf.
Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Healing Wish
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Trick

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 60 SpA / 216 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

That MRupt team is p nice, but it has a v tough time versus opposing MRupt :( Anybody mind helping me tweak it(preferably without Trick Room)? Also loving trying out everyone's teams! :0

Kiyo, what's the difference in HP Grass or Water versus Rhydon, since it's 4× weak to both... both HP Grass (Seismitoad, Quagsire) and HP Water (Camerupt, Flareon) have their merits but Rhydon should not be mentioned there ^ .

Note that Earthquake is also a nice option for wallbreaking since it hits things like Ninetales and Flareon harder than any other move Magmortar has access to.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kiyo, what's the difference in HP Grass or Water versus Rhydon, since it's 4× weak to both... both HP Grass (Seismitoad, Quagsire) and HP Water (Camerupt, Flareon) have their merits but Rhydon should not be mentioned there ^ .

Note that Earthquake is also a nice option for wallbreaking since it hits things like Ninetales and Flareon harder than any other move Magmortar has access to.
yeah im retarded apparently

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Chef Rice

I really like the core you posted, luring Seismitoad for Klinkliang is really fun and especially helpful now that Steelix is gone. I remember during the Huntail hype I was running SmashPass to Life Orb Hidden Power Grass Klinklang, lol. Anyways, the team is nothing special just pretty standard balance with checks to everything, decent bulk, and offensive synergy. Well played Fighting-types can still give you trouble I suppose, but Vileplume still handles them most of the time. I decided to use some cool Pokemon like Piloswine and Thunder Wave Xatu because they're really good and deserve more usage. You can definitely go for a more physically defensive Piloswine if you're worried about Flying-types such as Scyther; alternatively, Rhydon works well in this slot if you prefer a resistance to Flying-type moves. Let me know how this works for you, I can probably tweak some things if you need me to.
Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Psychic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute
- Shift Gear

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Hey guys! I'm new to NU, and I want to join in the tier. It has seemed like such a great time, and I want to become proficient in it, so I was wondering if i could request a core to build around, at the time convenience of you all. I was hoping to try out an OutrageTauros + Support/Annoyer Mr. Mime. I thought that maybe with the support of the Mr. Mime, an opponent's team could take a hard hit. I wanted the team to revolve around this core, but I also wanted a team that could fight well even if the Tauros is taken down. A Revenge Killer, Hazard Setter, Tank and a Taunter (any are interchangeable) were some roles I hoped for. If you guys see anyway to make the team more efficient with the roles or sets, I would greatly appreciate the criticism. I want the team to be focused on offense and be able to hit hard, but balanced to an extent. I wanted the T-Wave to be able to cripple hard-hitting mons like Regigigas, since I've had so much trouble with it. And then the Tauros could hit really hard against fast mons like Primeape or Slaking. Any suggestions to pokes besides Mr. Mime that could fit the role are welcomed! :)
Tauros w/ Life Orb and Sheer Force
252 Att/ 8 Def/ 252 Spe
Outrage
Earthquake
Return
Wild Charge/Stone Edge/Zen Headbutt

Mr. Mime w/ Leftovers and Filter
4 HP/ 126 SpA/ 252 SpD/ 126 Spe
Substitute
Protect/Baton Pass
Thunder Wave/Encore
Psychic/Dazzling Gleam

Thank you guys very much! I'm very open to ideas.

Last edited:
Ok so I finally updated the OP and im gonna make this post as a reminder of all the projects we still have yet to complete. Sorry if we haven't gotten to your team yet but as you can see, its kinda busy n_n
  • Golurk
  • Malamar + Sawk
  • Pawniard + CB Scyther
  • Double Dance Rhydon
  • Marowak
  • Nasty Pass Togetic
  • Klinklang + Quagsire
Master Sunny-EX to address your problem run av hariyama > vileplume

Last edited:
Believe it or not Im not making a Raticate request lol. All jokes aside its worth mentioning I have left the NU scene for the past few months but now I'm back. With Mega Lix gone a mon that i have noticed that has gone unjustly ignored who i believe can rise back up to the top of the meta is Klinklang (i believe the set is Gear Grind, Shift Gear, Frustration, and leaning towards running sub in the last slot but if there is a better option by all means let me know). I havent tested klingklang in the post steelix meta but a pokemon i have tested is Quagsire. This derpy looking dude EATS physical hit for breakfast lunch and dinner. I really want to use this Klingklang+Quag core. If you guys could make a Balanced team with this core that would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance if you guys get around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)