Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
★raseri: can free the lab
★raseri: pls
TheTrueLegendary
upload_2015-3-30_21-17-36.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-17-48.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-18-7.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-18-29.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-18-36.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-36-9.png

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Roar

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

I had wanted to build to build Shedinja Stall for a while after seeing my bud Kiyo do so well with his sheddy team in XY. I knew that I wanted to use Defog for Hazard Support because it was easily the most reliable way to keep Shedinja alive and Hazards off the field so I went with the same core that Kiyo used in Xatu + Prinplup. Prinplup chews everything and can be kept alive by Audino's Wish Support. Xatu provides an answer to passive hazard stacking mons as well as providing me with a solid win condition. Mega Audino is a great check to pretty much all the fighting types, as well as Malamar, Sneasel and Tauros. Garbodor is the best spiker in the tier with it's great ability, typing and bulk. The set is pretty standard and does what it's supposed to do. Zweilous was the last mon added because it provides a blanket check to most CM Psychics as well as all the Fire type attackers in the tier. Super fun to play with and this team also annihilates iplaytennislol.

Kazil and Dr Ciel
upload_2015-3-30_21-18-29.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-38-30.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-38-43.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-38-48.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-39-4.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-39-19.png

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace

Ninetales @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Energy Ball

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Basically for this team I wanted to build straight Offense. TBH my idea behind this team was to throw on 5 Offensive mons and then a prinplup to provide rocks, hazard support and a defensive glue that I can fall back on. I really wanted to use Jynx so I started out with a NP variant, however after testing and seeing how slow the team was I decided to make it scarfed instead. Bulky SD scyther checks all the Fighting and Psychic types in the tier while still maintaining momentum with U-turn and providing a late game win condition. Balloon Ninetales is probably it's best set right now as it's pretty much a straight counter to Mega Camerupt as long as the Balloon is intact. Zebstrika was added as a way to revenge Archeops and Sneasel while forming a nice Volt-turn core with Scyther. I have Lightningrod so that I can block Volt Switch but Sap Sipper can be used to check Lilligant. SD Rott is the late game wincon that comes in and cleans up late game as well as check a large amount of threats with STAB Aqua Jet in the mid-game. Very fun, fast offensive team that makes laddering bearable lol and has also destroyed iplaytennislol.

vyomov
upload_2015-3-30_21-50-4.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-50-19.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-50-38.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-50-50.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-50-56.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-51-11.png

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Mesprit @ Mind Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 208 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Protect
- Haze

TBH QueenOfLuvdiscs made this team but I was testing it on ladder so I have it and i'm gonna post it. Basically Queen wanted to use Jumpluff after I was hyping it in call to him and he decided that a nice mon to pair with it would be Frogadier. He threw on Mantine + Rhydon as a way to check a lot of the threats in the current meta while still providing Stealth Rock and Defog support. Mind Plate Mesprit is a cool lure that can catch any unsuspecting poison types that think that because there are no lefties, that Mesprit is locked into one of it's coverage moves. Cro-Dino was added as a win condition that can clean up the game once the Poison and Steel types are gone, which Jumpluff tends to lure in and put them out of commision with Sleep Powder.

Winter's Howl
upload_2015-3-30_21-56-55.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-57-1.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-57-8.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-57-13.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-57-17.png
upload_2015-3-30_21-57-23.png

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Signal Beam

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

So if you recognize this team that's because it's the Dual Pixies offense team that I posted in my PotW. The only difference is that I realized that Special Scarf Mesprit would be a great substitution as is can cripple mons that normally switch in to CM psychics, as well as beat Barrier + CM Musharna with Trick. It can also provide Healing Wish support for Uxie or Kangaskhan late game which can be crucial in whether you win or lose. GarboToad is about as standard as you can get with a hazard stacking core, and both mons provide great utility. AV Kangaskhan acts as a great revenge killer and pivot into stuff like Mega Camerupt and works well with T-Spikes that Garbodor provides. AV Mag is the last mon that can check Fire types and Lilligant (which roles this team otherwise) while still being able to wallbreak with it's incredible coverage.

Also we at the lab have decided to become a little more stingy with requests so that we aren't as swamped as we were before. The new limit for a request is now C+ or above on the Viability Rankings, Unless you can convince a lab member to build with a mon lower than C+. Also, previous teams that were submitted and have now been rejected are, Marowak (I STEAL TEAMS: below the new restrictions), SD Pass Mawile (HitLikeABullet: Completely unviable set), and Rotom-S + Scyther (DK Firelord: The lab members agreed that we already have a ton of Scyther + Rotom-N as well as a Bird Spam team, and we felt like we were repeating at this point). We will also be putting off any Mega Camerupt teams until the next tier shifts are confirmed.

As it stands the list of unfulfilled requests is as follows:
  • Malamar + Sawk (Mega-Swampert)
  • Mushy CM Pass (tcw)
  • CB Flareon (Metaphysical)
  • Pyroar + M-Camel (Fssong) (Pending Drops)
  • Mawile + M-Camer (CallMeBrendann) (Pending Drops)
All that being said, after a long hiatus the lab is now reopened! enjoy

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace

Ninetales @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Energy Ball

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Thanks Can-Eh-Dian, I'll ladder with this team and post replays like before.

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know it's C- in the viability rankings (but it shouldn't be lol), but I'd like to ask for a team with Arbok. Arbok's a really cool mon, being one of our few offensive Poison-types, never mind physical ones, and it's a pretty good Fighting and Mega Audino check, especially with Intimidate. Boosted Gunk Shots are really strong, while boosted Sucker Punches put a dent on anything faster. Overall, it looks like a solid mon that I'm kinda just failing to build around :p Thank you!

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Guys, I will be alive in about....2 days. I have 2 exams today (3 hours each) and then some other BS tomorrow. But I'll be really active in this forum once that craziness is over. pepper your teambuilder. n_n

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requesting spikestack + Primeape

Primeape is a really fun mon since it has a few nice coverage options and U-turn over other Fighting types, and I've used it here and there, but the teams I've made didn't go over so well and I'm interested to see what you guys can make of it. With Defiant, it pairs extremely well with hazard stack since it has the brute power backed behind a Choice Band to deal massive damage to most common defoggers bar archeops (since it outspeeds and kills) with its coverage movepool. I'm leaving the spikestacker slot up to you guys, but its pretty limited to just crustle / cacturne / garbodor.

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

valetta

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team around offensive smash huntail + garbodor. I find this mon to be rly underrated in this meta and it can definitely work on an offensive hazard stacking team. It doesnt have a to be a team specifically built around a huntail sweep (so no dual screens uxie or such) but a simple offensive team featuring these mons. When you get up a spike+tspike+rocks you can easily pressure your opponent and mons that would usually take a hit from huntail (like mantine) get worn down during the match because theyre rly pressured to defog/wall something else on your team. Another huge plus is water veil, meaning huntail can even set up on non haze mantine and other bulky waters not named lanturn which is pretty decent.

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Electric]

+

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch / Explosion
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo guys, I'm requesting a stall team build around Mega-Audino and Ferroseed. I really like ferroseed as a mon and think it's bulk is nice, but I struggling build around it due to the amount of fire and fighting types in the tier. It has access to spikes, rocks, leech seed, and several filler moves. I like would Mega-Audino to be on this team to add some longevity and be able to pass wishes to ferroseed and the other mons and plus it's fat.

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

+

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball/ Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Please and thanks guys!

Silver Aurum

Hello there
Hey guys its been at least a week since my last request so I figured today I would hit the teambuilding lab up with a little innovation ^_^

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Fire Fang/Fire Blast

Above is the set im looking to be built around. Now I know you probably think this set is weird AF but running GK on Mawile is actually a pretty awesome lure for things like
Rhydon, Quagsire, Seismitoad. I havent really tested it out much but I feel this set actually has some potential (Listed below are some fun calcs) Thanks in advance for whoever
decides to build this and thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

-Note: This team would be great with scarf/life orb Mesprit with Thunderbolt (To beat garbodor, weezing, Vileplume and Mantine the last few mons that can attempt to wall this set, and to also easily
revenge kill Rhydon Seismitoad and Quagsire if Mawile is unable to take them out)

Calc VS Quagsire: 4 SpA Life Orb Mawile Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 265-317 (67.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Calc VS SpD Rhydon: 4 SpA Life Orb Mawile Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 203-239 (49 - 57.7%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO
Calc VS DD Rhydon: 4 SpA Life Orb Mawile Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 291-348 (82.6 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Calc VS Seismitoad: 4 SpA Life Orb Mawile Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Seismitoad: 224-265 (55.8 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

SilverReaper21

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 Atk / 232 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Facade

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Mawile is incredibly fun to build with because it is so threatening. Adding grass knot to Mawile's moveset allows it to act as a great lure to get rid of key things to allow your other 5 team members an easier time. Grass knot hits key mons like Rhydon, Quagsire, Seismitoad etc. This allows Mawile's other 3 moves to run through your opponents team as the one thing they had for it got obliterated by grass knot. I noticed Mawile had a hard time with fire types as they resisted almost its entire moveset. This is where Hariyama comes in. Hariyama eats up fire hits and provides a nice pivot. I run a lot of speed because i hate losing speed ties between other base 50's. Facade is something cool to smack things that status you. Next on the squad is SD eviolite Scyther. This mon is fantastic in this meta because it beats CM psychic's, Malamar and much more. It also appreciates Rhydon being gone, Quagsire being gone, and even Seismitaod being gone because scald fucking burns every fucking time. Ahem. Moving on. Next on the list is defensive Seismitoad. This mon gives me a water immunity and stealth rock. It also can switch in to Archeops which would otherwise 6-0 me at this point. Knock off helps wear things down and the speed ev's allow me to outspeed other defensive Seismitoad's and hit them first. Claydol is obligatory because Scyther requires hazard control. Claydol is the best spinner in the tier so i added it to the team. The speed is to outspeed adamant Sawk. Colbur berry allows you to eat the banded knock off from Sawk and beat it 1 on 1. Lastly i have a mega Audino on the team. This mon acts as both a glue and win condition. It helps me break offensive and balance teams because it can set up on so much. The ev spread allows it to 3 hit ko malamar with gleam. The speed allows it to creep other base 50's by a bit. Hope the team looks alright. Have fun with it.

I know I'm not a team builder but I thought I'd help out anyway by responding to boltsandbombers request for a primeape + spike stack
Primeape / sneasel / ferroseed / camerupt / xatu / pelipper
Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

I've paired primeape with sneasel since it adds an ability to hit and trap ghost types and psychic types that primeape can't hit aswell as primeape luring fairy types for sneasel to have an easier time with gunk shot. Along with that, seed checks psychic types very easily also by walling the common calm minding pixies as well as setting up spikes on their face to force a defog for primeape to potentially sweep with. Since seed is vulnerable to fire attacks, mega camerupt is a great partner giving stealth rocks (although you can add stealth rock to seed and make it rest-talk for longetivity) and a good offensive mon to pressure other teams defoggers. Next we have xatu, to stop them getting up their own hazards as well as acting as a pivot forcing switches and being able to shift momentum for the team. Lastly we have an offensive pelipper which surprises by how hard it hits as well as having enough speed to creep regular seismitoad with no investment or negative nature. Water + flying coverage is excellent although you may want to change u-turn / hurricane for your own defog, i suggest you keep offensive pressure by having both however. As well as having pelipper, you have an extra fighting resist and reliable recovery acting as a good core with ferro and camerupt in a trio as they all cover their weaknesses.
It's a slightly more balanced team but I hope it has the success you look for. :]

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
★raseri: can free the lab
★raseri: pls
TheTrueLegendary
View attachment 39387View attachment 39388View attachment 39390View attachment 39391View attachment 39392View attachment 39394
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Roar

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

I had wanted to build to build Shedinja Stall for a while after seeing my bud Kiyo do so well with his sheddy team in XY. I knew that I wanted to use Defog for Hazard Support because it was easily the most reliable way to keep Shedinja alive and Hazards off the field so I went with the same core that Kiyo used in Xatu + Prinplup. Prinplup chews everything and can be kept alive by Audino's Wish Support. Xatu provides an answer to passive hazard stacking mons as well as providing me with a solid win condition. Mega Audino is a great check to pretty much all the fighting types, as well as Malamar, Sneasel and Tauros. Garbodor is the best spiker in the tier with it's great ability, typing and bulk. The set is pretty standard and does what it's supposed to do. Zweilous was the last mon added because it provides a blanket check to most CM Psychics as well as all the Fire type attackers in the tier. Super fun to play with and this team also annihilates iplaytennislol.

Kazil and Dr Ciel
View attachment 39391View attachment 39395View attachment 39396View attachment 39397View attachment 39398View attachment 39399
Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace

Ninetales @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Energy Ball

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Basically for this team I wanted to build straight Offense. TBH my idea behind this team was to throw on 5 Offensive mons and then a prinplup to provide rocks, hazard support and a defensive glue that I can fall back on. I really wanted to use Jynx so I started out with a NP variant, however after testing and seeing how slow the team was I decided to make it scarfed instead. Bulky SD scyther checks all the Fighting and Psychic types in the tier while still maintaining momentum with U-turn and providing a late game win condition. Balloon Ninetales is probably it's best set right now as it's pretty much a straight counter to Mega Camerupt as long as the Balloon is intact. Zebstrika was added as a way to revenge Archeops and Sneasel while forming a nice Volt-turn core with Scyther. I have Lightningrod so that I can block Volt Switch but Sap Sipper can be used to check Lilligant. SD Rott is the late game wincon that comes in and cleans up late game as well as check a large amount of threats with STAB Aqua Jet in the mid-game. Very fun, fast offensive team that makes laddering bearable lol and has also destroyed iplaytennislol.

vyomov
View attachment 39401View attachment 39402View attachment 39403View attachment 39404View attachment 39405View attachment 39406
Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Mesprit @ Mind Plate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 208 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Protect
- Haze

TBH QueenOfLuvdiscs made this team but I was testing it on ladder so I have it and i'm gonna post it. Basically Queen wanted to use Jumpluff after I was hyping it in call to him and he decided that a nice mon to pair with it would be Frogadier. He threw on Mantine + Rhydon as a way to check a lot of the threats in the current meta while still providing Stealth Rock and Defog support. Mind Plate Mesprit is a cool lure that can catch any unsuspecting poison types that think that because there are no lefties, that Mesprit is locked into one of it's coverage moves. Cro-Dino was added as a win condition that can clean up the game once the Poison and Steel types are gone, which Jumpluff tends to lure in and put them out of commision with Sleep Powder.

Winter's Howl
View attachment 39409View attachment 39410View attachment 39411View attachment 39412View attachment 39413View attachment 39414
Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Signal Beam

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

So if you recognize this team that's because it's the Dual Pixies offense team that I posted in my PotW. The only difference is that I realized that Special Scarf Mesprit would be a great substitution as is can cripple mons that normally switch in to CM psychics, as well as beat Barrier + CM Musharna with Trick. It can also provide Healing Wish support for Uxie or Kangaskhan late game which can be crucial in whether you win or lose. GarboToad is about as standard as you can get with a hazard stacking core, and both mons provide great utility. AV Kangaskhan acts as a great revenge killer and pivot into stuff like Mega Camerupt and works well with T-Spikes that Garbodor provides. AV Mag is the last mon that can check Fire types and Lilligant (which roles this team otherwise) while still being able to wallbreak with it's incredible coverage.

Also we at the lab have decided to become a little more stingy with requests so that we aren't as swamped as we were before. The new limit for a request is now C+ or above on the Viability Rankings, Unless you can convince a lab member to build with a mon lower than C+. Also, previous teams that were submitted and have now been rejected are, Marowak (I STEAL TEAMS: below the new restrictions), SD Pass Mawile (HitLikeABullet: Completely unviable set), and Rotom-S + Scyther (DK Firelord: The lab members agreed that we already have a ton of Scyther + Rotom-N as well as a Bird Spam team, and we felt like we were repeating at this point). We will also be putting off any Mega Camerupt teams until the next tier shifts are confirmed.

As it stands the list of unfulfilled requests is as follows:
  • Malamar + Sawk (Mega-Swampert)
  • Mushy CM Pass (tcw)
  • CB Flareon (Metaphysical)
  • Pyroar + M-Camel (Fssong) (Pending Drops)
  • Mawile + M-Camer (CallMeBrendann) (Pending Drops)
All that being said, after a long hiatus the lab is now reopened! enjoy
Thanks m80 I'll go try the team out now :]

It's aliiive! So with Kabu hitting the high road, we haven't seen much of the likes of weather nowadays. While rain has seemed kinda less around without that monster roaming around, I think that Sand could be pretty neat to play around with. Now that Steelix is gone, there isn't a whole hell of a lot that can come in on Stoutland. I'd love to see one of you lovely fellows make this chap a sand offense based around this Stoutland set!
Stoutland @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
(Insert specialized ev spread)
Sand Rush Ability
Return
Crunch
Superpower
Pursuit/Iron Head

Thanks yo, and happy building, if one decides to do so

Could someone please build a team around barbaracle? It's a pretty cool sweeper I want to use. :)

Barbaracle @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Cross Chop/Grass Knot/X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/Pretty much whatever you want

Basically after his team has done its job weakening the opposing team, Barbaracle comes in, Shell Smashes, and cleans up the remaining enemy pokes. In the last slot Cross Chop hits Ferroseed, Grass Knot deals with Seismitoad and Quagsire to an extent, Aerial Ace hits Poliwrath as well as hitting bulky Grass types and X-Scissor is a more powerful option to hit most of the bulky grasses.

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
boltsandbombers

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 72 SpA / 152 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 216 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 168 HP / 132 Atk / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 244 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Giga Drain

The team ended up being semi stall, but it works pretty well. Mega Audino + Probo + Quag is becoming one of my fave cores to use, so I threw that together as a starting point. Noticing that the team was weak to Lilligant, I opted for a mixed def Vileplume. It can still take CCs from fighting types if need be, as well as help check other grass types, like opposing Vileplumes. Spdef Gurdurr also help the team deal with status a bit easier, as well provide some priority and a late-game sweeper if need be. Finally, 3 attacks CM Uxie was the final slot and that paired well with the CM MegaDino, as well as Gurdurr. The spread is so that it outspeeds base 91s like Rotom and Chatot, as well as 2HKO Malamar with Signal Beam, even without a CM, then the remaining EVs went into HP for some extra bulk.

It can struggle with CB Sawk as well as Samurott, but you can usually play arounnd those pretty easy as Uxie outspeeds both and can do some serious damage to them with Psyshock or Giga Drain respectively. I'm not sure if you had this in mind as a team structure, but I hope you still enjoy it! :]
Just wandering what does the 36 SpDef Evs help you take on

Hey, I was just playing a game on ladder and my opponents Probopass was causing me all kinds of problems. Probopass is also one of my favorite pokemon, can you build a stall team using Probopass?

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Gem

Tbh I have no idea what ev spread to run on this thing, so feel free to change anything about this set!

PS Apologies if I missed a team requested with Probopass.

Hail team

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf/ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard

- Earth Power
- Psychic
I would really like to see one of the teambuilders focus on a good hail team. I have tried making one myself but yet, it was not very good. I know hail isn't amazing but I feel there a lot of pokemon that can benefit from snow warning that aurorus provides. Aurorus is the main pokemon of this team because if it provides the weather on switch, the choice of item is up to the teambuilder ^-^

Hiya :3
Can I get a fly spam team based around SD jumpluff?

I've been looking into NU because why not. Apparently adorable lord jumpluff isn't bad this gen and bird spam is a play style I'm familiar with. So what better way to try out a new tier than to try something you like and are familiar with?

Trick question, there isn't one.

Hey,
First post here, but definitely not a new battler, as you may know from seeing me in the NU room on PS! Anyway, I suck at making teams, so I'll request a team around SD Scyther and Offensive Archeops Bird Spam. I feel that these two complement each other really well, as Scyther can keep momentum for the team (which can have more birds or not, your choice) and Archeops can break pokemon such as Rhydon and Klinklang with Aqua tail and Earthquake, respectively.
Thank You!
Sets:
Scyther@ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Roost
-U-turn

Archeops@ No Item
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Acrobatics
-Aqua tail
-Earthquake/Defog
-Roost

Golem @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Liechi Berry Golem Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 200 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 392-464 (97.7 - 115.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Liechi Berry Golem Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 360-428 (91.3 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Liechi Berry Golem Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Samurott: 258-304 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(mind you it'll have to take lo recoil twice to kill Golem)
252+ Atk Liechi Berry Golem Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Claydol: 218-258 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
bop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)