Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I requested LO Pyroar + Scarf Sawk, but it was back at Page 13, so I can understand that it was missed. Then again, with an LO Pyroar team already being built, that is rather redundant, so I think I'll just skip it and let you focus on other teams.

Volty

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 232 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Hey there, my first thought when building with this normal spam core was I need t spikes. This is where Garbodor comes in. Hazard stack + fake out Kanga is fantastic already but to have Tauros as well really pressures the opponent. The speed on Garbodor is for max speed adamant Cacturne and drain punch is for Klinklang. Next on the team is my obligatory normal, flying and fire resist. Enter Rhydon. Megahorn hits Malamar which is really nice since Malamar threatens the normal spam core with superpower. I made it sp.def to handle the likes of Pyroar and Magmortar. 16 atk adamant is a jump point btw. Next on the list is my obligatory water resist and win condition. Lilligant fits really well on this team because Kanga and Tauros bait in Weezing and Garbodor which helps Lilligant come through. Lastly I have CM 3 attacks Uxie. This mon is my second fighting resist and second set up win condition. Colbur helps with knock off spam. Signal beam also helps with Malamar. Thats it, hope you like the team!

Mar1onette

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock

Linda (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Barrier
- Calm Mind

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt

Hey there, this team was a lot of a lot of fun to build as dual dance Rhydon is probably my most favorite mon atm. My thought process through building with Rhydon was, its weak to water and grass, + spike support is nice, so how about Ferroseed. I came up with this spread a while back with Can-Eh-Dian to help deal with mons on both the physical side and the special side. Protect + leech seed is a fun combo because it helps you scout choice sets and whittle your opponent. Next on the list is Prinplup. I wanted both stealth rock and a way to remove t spikes if i really needed to because they can easily stop Rhydon from sweeping. I'm running signal beam to catch mons like Cacturne (which helps Rhydon) and Malamar (which helps the whole team). Next on the team is Fletchinder er i mean Linda. This mon gives me a fighting resist and ground immunity. Its also a solid win condition. Additionally, it can help me deal with Malamar as well. Next on the list is barrier CM Musharna. I've been wanting to use this mon ever since Sneasel got the boot. Its just too good not to use. Its also a very reliable win condition barring toxic, dark types and taunt which tbh isnt too common nowadays. Lastly is Tauros. This mon gives me a ghost immunity which is nice. Additionally, Tauros's speed is really nice + fire blast helps Mushy sweep easier. Enjoy!

Volty

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Hey there, my first thought when building with this normal spam core was I need t spikes. This is where Garbodor comes in. Hazard stack + fake out Kanga is fantastic already but to have Tauros as well really pressures the opponent. The speed on Garbodor is for max speed adamant Cacturne and drain punch is for Klinklang. Next on the team is my obligatory normal, flying and fire resist. Enter Rhydon. Megahorn hits Malamar which is really nice since Malamar threatens the normal spam core with superpower. I made it sp.def to handle the likes of Pyroar and Magmortar. 16 atk adamant is a jump point btw. Next on the list is my obligatory water resist and win condition. Lilligant fits really well on this team because Kanga and Tauros bait in Weezing and Garbodor which helps Lilligant come through. Lastly I have CM 3 attacks Uxie. This mon is my second fighting resist and second set up win condition. Colbur helps with knock off spam. Signal beam also helps with Malamar. Thats it, hope you like the team!

Mar1onette

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock

Linda (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Musharna @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Barrier
- Calm Mind

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt

Hey there, this team was a lot of a lot of fun to build as dual dance Rhydon is probably my most favorite mon atm. My thought process through building with Rhydon was, its weak to water and grass, + spike support is nice, so how about Ferroseed. I came up with this spread a while back with Can-Eh-Dian to help deal with mons on both the physical side and the special side. Protect + leech seed is a fun combo because it helps you scout choice sets and whittle your opponent. Next on the list is Prinplup. I wanted both stealth rock and a way to remove t spikes if i really needed to because they can easily stop Rhydon from sweeping. I'm running signal beam to catch mons like Cacturne (which helps Rhydon) and Malamar (which helps the whole team). Next on the team is Fletchinder er i mean Linda. This mon gives me a fighting resist and ground immunity. Its also a solid win condition. Additionally, it can help me deal with Malamar as well. Next on the list is barrier CM Musharna. I've been wanting to use this mon ever since Sneasel got the boot. Its just too good not to use. Its also a very reliable win condition barring toxic, dark types and taunt which tbh isnt too common nowadays. Lastly is Tauros. This mon gives me a ghost immunity which is nice. Additionally, Tauros's speed is really nice + fire blast helps Mushy sweep easier. Enjoy!
thx tennis ;D out-classing me in NU teambuilding and NU battles as always ^.^ but i still got a kill with luvdisc on u so :] thx again for making a team for me buddy :3

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DoubleBullShyte, I built a team with Relicanth!

I don't care for Relicanth, but if you're going to do it, you better go big or go home. I'm using Facade in the last slot because literally what else are you going to run since almost every sleeper matches up well against it. If Relicanth gets Scald burned or Will-O-Wisp'd by something, at least it's not useless until you can Heal Bell. Just like the last team, I like offensive Eviolite Scyther. VoltTurn support is good with slow strong Pokemon, and Scyther has nearly perfect defensive synergy as well as decent offensive synergy with Relicanth. Garbodor offers Spikes support and a secondary Fighting resist for the team. Stealth Rock Uxie is here because it also provides momentum and the team already has a Flying and Normal resist. I went with Knock Off over Psyshock or Psychic because I wanted Uxie to be able to touch opposing Psychic-types. Lanturn provides even more momentum and Heal Bell support. I basically just threw it on the team because the first four Pokemon were absurdly Scald weak, but it works fine. Worse Vanilluxe was thrown on last as a way to beat opposing Lanturn, which the rest of the team sort of struggled with, and Rapid Spin.
Relicanth @ Choice Band
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Facade

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Yawn
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 144 HP / 104 Def / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hi there :) I'm bad in ORAS NU teambuilding, so I come here. If someone can, I want a build around SD Mawile+LO Healing Wish Mesprit in Offense please :)

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Winter's Howl

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Toxic

This is the CM mesprit team you requested :) Very solid from my use of it. CM+ 3 attacks seemed like the best way to go, Energy Ball for Quagsire, Psychic is preferred to Psyshock because my offensive core consists of two physical attackers that struggle with Gurdurr, and Signal Beam hits Malamar and other psychic types. Liepard is very good rn and it's U-Turn and Encore utility seemed perfect to pair with CM Mesprit to provide set up opportunities and get it in safely. I opted to go for Blackglasses instead of CB and choose CB Sawk instead as a general wallbreaker that makes Mesprits sweeping job a lot easier by destroying walls such as Regirock, Mawile and other things that Mesprit struggles with like Klinklang and Ferroseed. Next, the team looked weak to other Volt Turn teams so Lanturn goes in, Lanturn also provides heal bell for burns on Sawk or when Mesprit is crippled by a paralysis, as well as linking in a tidy Volt-Turn core with liepard to give Mesprit or Sawk safe switch ins. Next I chose Magmortar to fit the bulky offense playstyle of the team and as another wallbreaker alongside Sawk. Magmortar can destroy whole teams that aren't prepared for it with it's coverage if the opponent isn't prepared. I went for Focus Blast>HP Grass as I already had Eball Mesprit and so it gave me another option to beat Regirock and Probopass. Finally I needed a Stealth Rocker and I chose Mawile for this role since it also provides momentum with Baton Pass and provides me with a much needed fighting check. Hope you guys like this.

Volty

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Mar1onette

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock

Linda (Fletchinder)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Musharna @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Barrier
- Calm Mind

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt

Cheers! This team came out really well and I appreciate it a lot friend. Thanks :)

DoubleBullShyte, I built a team with Relicanth!

I don't care for Relicanth, but if you're going to do it, you better go big or go home. I'm using Facade in the last slot because literally what else are you going to run since almost every sleeper matches up well against it. If Relicanth gets Scald burned or Will-O-Wisp'd by something, at least it's not useless until you can Heal Bell. Just like the last team, I like offensive Eviolite Scyther. VoltTurn support is good with slow strong Pokemon, and Scyther has nearly perfect defensive synergy as well as decent offensive synergy with Relicanth. Garbodor offers Spikes support and a secondary Fighting resist for the team. Stealth Rock Uxie is here because it also provides momentum and the team already has a Flying and Normal resist. I went with Knock Off over Psyshock or Psychic because I wanted Uxie to be able to touch opposing Psychic-types. Lanturn provides even more momentum and Heal Bell support. I basically just threw it on the team because the first four Pokemon were absurdly Scald weak, but it works fine. Worse Vanilluxe was thrown on last as a way to beat opposing Lanturn, which the rest of the team sort of struggled with, and Rapid Spin.
Relicanth @ Choice Band
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Facade

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Yawn
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 104 Def / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Thanks alot hollywood! I made a Relicanth team for the dark horse project and was using a bulky team with momentum /wish support with leafeon and it also had lanturn and cryo haha! I had Double Edge over facade for good neutral coverage without recoil but facade seems like a good option too.

I'd like a bulky offense team built around Rock Polish Regice. The thing that fascinates me about Regice is that unlike Autotomize Vanilluxe, it has much better natural bulk that allows it to get a decent amount of setup opportunities and has fantastic BoltBeam coverage with Focus Blast, which lets it late-game clean with relative ease once it sets up. I've used this set quite a bit in PU and would like to see how it fares in the current NU metagame.

Orphic

perhaps
I'd like a bulky offense team built around Rock Polish Regice. The thing that fascinates me about Regice is that unlike Autotomize Vanilluxe, it has much better natural bulk that allows it to get a decent amount of setup opportunities and has fantastic BoltBeam coverage with Focus Blast, which lets it late-game clean with relative ease once it sets up. I've used this set quite a bit in PU and would like to see how it fares in the current NU metagame.
Man I've wanted to build with regice for a while now so I'll get on this :) he was just super cool back in BW2 so I would love to make him successful again!

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around special Shell Smash Carracosta. On paper, this set seems like a really cool way to surprise smash Carracosta's typical checks like Quagsire, Tangela, and Torterra. I've never seen it used before and I'm interested to see what you guys can do with it.

Here's the set I had in mind, feel free to change it.

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I've been really intrigued by the potential of Curse Muk in the metagame for a while now but haven't been able to find a good shell for it. I don't really care what style the team is and don't have a specific EV spread or coverage in mind.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

I have always like the idea of the FWG core. It is one of the most simple and yet effective cores so I ask if someone can make a balanced or bulky offense team using this pretty neat FWG core.

Fletchinder
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Lilligant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice/
- Sleep Powder

Thank you in advance!

Orphic

perhaps
Hootie

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Polish

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

I thought building this was gonna be fun and it was even more fun than I first anticipated! Regice is a complete monster with that coverage and at +2 speed has amazing capabilities. First thing I did was consider Regice's two main weaknesses, fire and fighting. Offensive Stealth Rock Mesprit was a perfect partner in the second slot, bulky, powerful, and a great way to set up rocks with momentum forcing switches. Psyshock overcomes Hariyama that troubles Regice, and Signal Beam deals with Malamar, another mon that Regice struggles with! Next I chose Garbodor. Garbodor is easily one of my favourite mons to use right now, it offers a second fighting check, chip damage to help Regice grab those KO's late game and also bulky offense needs hazard support, provided by Garbodor. Regice benefits greatly from it's spikes and tspikes support. I realised I now needed a bulky offensive fire check, so what better than special Samurott? Samurott is a fantastic wallbreaker and also benefits from hazards. It acts as a good Magmortar check, offensively, as well as Pyroar at pretty much full HP. Next, since Samurott didn't quite comfort me that the team was fire-proof, Rhydon seemed like a great addition. Dual Dance Rhydon is awesome, and paired with RP Regice, your opponent is easily overwhelmed with hazards and fast bulky mons to the point they cannot fight back. Finally, my fave mon to use altogether right now, Choice Scarf Rotom. Rotom provides the icing on the cake with its momentum grabbing abilities as well as ways of crippling mons like Ferroseed and the ever annoying Clefairy now! Hope you enjoy the team Hootie, I'm unbeaten with it and it's pushed me back into the 1500s!

Hootie

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Rock Polish

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Samurott @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

I thought building this was gonna be fun and it was even more fun than I first anticipated! Regice is a complete monster with that coverage and at +2 speed has amazing capabilities. First thing I did was consider Regice's two main weaknesses, fire and fighting. Offensive Stealth Rock Mesprit was a perfect partner in the second slot, bulky, powerful, and a great way to set up rocks with momentum forcing switches. Psyshock overcomes Hariyama that troubles Regice, and Signal Beam deals with Malamar, another mon that Regice struggles with! Next I chose Garbodor. Garbodor is easily one of my favourite mons to use right now, it offers a second fighting check, chip damage to help Regice grab those KO's late game and also bulky offense needs hazard support, provided by Garbodor. Regice benefits greatly from it's spikes and tspikes support. I realised I now needed a bulky offensive fire check, so what better than special Samurott? Samurott is a fantastic wallbreaker and also benefits from hazards. It acts as a good Magmortar check, offensively, as well as Pyroar at pretty much full HP. Next, since Samurott didn't quite comfort me that the team was fire-proof, Rhydon seemed like a great addition. Dual Dance Rhydon is awesome, and paired with RP Regice, your opponent is easily overwhelmed with hazards and fast bulky mons to the point they cannot fight back. Finally, my fave mon to use altogether right now, Choice Scarf Rotom. Rotom provides the icing on the cake with its momentum grabbing abilities as well as ways of crippling mons like Ferroseed and the ever annoying Clefairy now! Hope you enjoy the team Hootie, I'm unbeaten with it and it's pushed me back into the 1500s!
This looks fantastic! I love the idea of having two Rock Polish users to overwhelm the opponent so props for that. Very excited to give this team a try on the ladder :)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BigWigs

I figured since I was building teams for the lab anyways I'd crank out a solid build with Pyroar and Sawk for you. I haven't actually tested this team at all, but based on synergy and current metagame threats you should be okay as long as you keep things healthy against more threatening pokemon (i.e. keep sturdy on sawk or keep uxie healthy for archeops, keep malamar and prinp healthy for klinklang, etc.) If you come across any troubles with it though, be sure to save the replay and let me know so I can try and fix any holes I may have overlooked.
Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald

Lilligant @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Substitute

i want a team built around nasty plot mismagius and swords dance samurott (if it makes up for a good core).
because sd samurott could really dent the meta and nasty mismagius could late game sweep or vice versa
ty

Hello ! If it's not too much trouble, may i ask for a tauros + bulky vileplume balance offense team ? I just find these two particular pokemon really solid on a team so with the proper backing up ( which i lack to provide since i have poor nu meta knowledge) i think they might form a good team. Thanks in advance

Thank you very much Kiyo!

I've been rather successful with the team in the games I played, although I'd still need to play a few more before I can have a solid opinion. Very good job!

Hey, This thread looks sick! nice work all :]
This is a fun little core I think may have a little bit of potential.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Really neat set I have been meaning to try out recently, I don't know if these little guys generally run def or spdef but the point is Monferno has a pretty decent matchup vs Klingklang, liepard, cacturne, mawile, pinsir and even Kangaskhan if kept healthy.

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

tbh this is pretty interchangeable with other CM psychics like
and
(pls no Uxie because its probably leaving soon) use what you see fit. Anyway Monferno does a great job of crippling or outright removing most of the common CM Psychic checks which is pretty sweet considering they are generally some of the best wincons imo.

So yeah, feel free to tweak the sets and whatnot
Thanks! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)