1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

The OU Dream Team?!?

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by HardyHoundoom, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardyHoundoom

HardyHoundoom

OU DREAM TEAM!
    [​IMG]

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Shadow Ball

[SPOILER]To me, this is one of the best Starters in competetive game. Taunt right away so no SR/Spikes for you. Shadow Ball is so that I can take out a few Psychic Type starters with ease.[/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Dragonite @ Persim Berry
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost

[SPOILER]This is one of the few sweepers on the team. A Dragon Dance or two, and you're ready to outrage, be cured of confusion by the Persim, and repeat. Roost to recover and Fire Punch is just there. TAKING suggestions to replace Fire Punch.[/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Dark Pulse
    - Toxic

[SPOILER]Standard Heatran wall. [/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Morning Sun

[SPOILER]This is another sweeping super star like dragonite. Set up a couple of Quiver Dances and you can pretty much 0HKO everything with Fiery Dance of Bug Buzz. Morning Sun to recover the health lost while Quivering.[/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
    - Wish
    - Surf
    - Protect
    - Ice Beam

[SPOILER]Stalling Vaporeon with Ice beam for those darn Dragons and their trickery. [/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 188 HP / 104 SDef / 216 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Crunch
    - Curse
    - Selfdestruct

[SPOILER] This is a great poke. Get a curse off and you pretty much got the game in the bag.[/SPOILER]

THANKS FOR READING.
    Reply if I did something stupid or messed up.
  2. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Please increase your Pokemon's descriptions to meet the standards of RMT otherwise I would have to lock this thread.
  3. superpokefan

superpokefan

Its definitely a good overall team. You could use Extremespeed over fire punch and maybe superpower over roost on Dragonite for better coverage.
  4. Electrolyte

Electrolyte For every king that died, oh, they would crown another
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Your sprite are failing to load correctly, so I'll give you a good website for better sprites:
    http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/index
    This site includes all sprites gen 1-5, and even gives you links in BB code. It's what I use when I'm spriting. You just need to do some simple searching.

Your rate will come later once you beef up your descriptions like mostwanted said.
  5. Nova

Nova shockwave
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Hi Hardyhoundoom

Very interesting team you have here. Looking at it, one can see that your team is weak to entry hazards. Dragonite and Volcarona are crippled by Stealth Rock and a majority of your members are susceptible to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. I suggest replacing Deoxys-D with a standard Forretress with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Spikes / Rapid Spin / Volt Switch. Forretress gives you a way to still put up hazards on your opponent's side of the field while keeping them off of your's, giving you more opportunities to switch in. Volt Switch is useful to escape Magnezone and Dugtrio and giving you a safe switch as Forretress tends to be slower than its foe.

For other changes you should definitely replace Inner Focus on Dragonite with Multiscale. Multiscale is the main reason for Dragonite's rise in usage this generation, halving damage taken when Dragonite is at full health and giving him a much easier time of setting up. Lum Berry is also more useful than Persim Berry as it can cure any status that Dragonite is afflicted with that would otherwise prevent a sweep. I suggest using Earthquake over Fire Punch to defeat Heatran as you already have Heatran for opposing Ferrothorns, Scizors, and Skarmorys.

Now for some smaller changes. I recommend replacing Dark Pulse with Roar on Heatran. Dark Pulse does not provide Heatran with much necessary coverage while Roar can benefit you greatly by removing set up sweepers and racking up entry hazard damage that Forretress set up. For Vaporeon there's no reason to run 30 Special Attack IVs as you're not using a Hidden Power, bump that up to 31. Finally if you decide to use this team in Black and White 2, you should replace Morning Sun with Roost on Volcarona. Due to the abundance of rain and sand teams, the recovery of Morning Sun is very unreliable and Roost is the better option since you are not using a sun team.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Sets:

Show Hide
    Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch

tl;dr

Show Hide

Deoxys-D ----> Standard Forretress
    Inner Focus Dragonite ----> Multiscale
    Persim Berry on Dragonite ----> Lum Berry
    Fire Punch on Dragonite ----> Earthquake
    Dark Pulse on Heatran ----> Roar
    Vaporeon ----> 31 SAtk IVs
    Morning Sun on Volcarona ----> Roost
  6. The Last Chance

The Last Chance

My suggestions are the same as Novaray's. However, I recommend Body Slam or Return over Selfdestruct on Snorlax because you will gain a reliable stab move rather than a one hit wonder. You may also want to use a Choice Scarf pokemon because your team lacks a revenge killer and speed in general, and you should consider HP ICE>Spikes on Forretress because Dragonite can sweep your team. HP Ice allows you to 2HKO DNite once Multiscale is broken.
  7. Trickzio

Trickzio

First things I'd like to say are that your sprites are failing to load (this has been mentioned before). You can use this website to get reliable animated sprites for front back, and party sprites. Secondly, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags do not exist. They are replaced by HIDE tags, so use those instead to hide the text. Thirdly, as has been mentioned before by mostwanted, you might want to lengthen out your descriptions. I'm in no position of authority and I certainly don't want to minimod, but if you want to keep getting replies and rates then I suggest lengthening out your descriptions would be the way to go!

Now, to the fun stuff!

Cool team you've got there, but I just want to point out a few flaws. Lum Berry is much better than Persim Berry on Dragonite because it stops you from getting crippled by Burn and Paralysis, and gives you a solid switch in to Breloom's Spore.
    Defence EVs on a Curse set are rather redundant. I'd suggest moving a few of those EVs into Attack (you have Adamant on that Snorlax anyway) and HP. You should also replace Selfdestruct with Fire Punch or Earthquake on Snorlax, as it got nerfed this generation and it gives you a way of dealing with Steel-types that otherwise wall Snorlax. I'll list the sets below.
    Another problem that can arise is the presence of Rock Polish Terrakion after one boost is aqquired. It sweeps your team flat. For this reason I suggest using Slowbro over Vaporeon, as with it's gargantuan defence stat it can take anything that Terrakion throws at it, retaliating with a Scald.
    Another thing that's really bugging me is your extreme lack of immediate speed, which means you'll have trouble dealing with Pokemon like Latios and Keldeo, who rely much on their speed to do the damage they do. For this reason, I suggest using Scarf Gengar over Volcarona as Gengar hits just as powerfully right off the bat, can Trick unsuspecting foes and HP Ice to revenge kill fast +1 dragons.
    One last thing. your Heatran has no recovery. Also, Hidden Power [Grass] over Dark Pulse any day, and a phazer is always really useful.

Sets (open)

Dragonite @ Lum Berry | Multiscale
    Adamant Nature | 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
    Outrage | Fire Punch | Roost | Dragon Dance

Slowbro @ Leftovers | Regenerator
    Bold Nature | 248HP / 244Def / 16SAtk
    Slack Off | Thunder Wave | Scald | Fire Blast

Snorlax @ Leftovers | Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature | 252HP /252Atk / 4SDef
    Curse | Crunch | Fire Punch | Return

Gengar @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
    Timid Nature | 4HP | 252SAtk | 252Spe
    Shadow Ball | Trick | Hidden Power [Ice] | Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers | Flash Fire
    Calm Nature | 248HP / 252SDef / 8Spe
    Fire Blast | Hidden Power [Grass] | Earth Power | Roar
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)