Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I'm just letting everyone here know that I'm going to be stepping down from the council and taking a break. I've had an absolute blast theorymonning with each and every one of you and I'm really, REALLY proud of this entire project. When I started, we had 9 people voting for each slate and only a handful more contributing to the conversation. It's been an absolute joy to see this thread grow and multiply in participation to over 60 members! I've met some really awesome people and I'm really happy to see that the thread is in a much better place now. We've even got a place to play with our toys!

I guess this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways (because I always say unnecessary information XD)…
All submissions should be directed to Mysteria, Valmanway , unfixable , Recreant , and Vertex . The best way to reach them is to PM all of them at once, but you can certainly post to their walls or PM them individually.

EDIT: I knew I couldn't stay away XD. Wanted to add that I'll check my account occasionally. If you want any tips on getting submissions slated, don't be afraid to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help you!

Thanks guys, it's been an awesome ride :)

Sun King out.
I'll miss you, sun king! you always took the time to critique my ridiculous submissions!

Last edited:
So sad to see you go, Sun King, I love you dude. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Also, not to instantly replace SK, but a note to everyone: we have an open council seat. We're not sure if we'll even add another person, but we will definitely consider it strongly. Good posters in this thread will be noticed, and we already have our eyes on a few people. Keep in mind that your quality of submissions does also impact our decision. Continue with the great posts everyone! :D

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Spoderman > Sun King rip gl in life where's my shoutout etc. etc. zzz
yk how i am really respect you for what you did to this place deserved break but dont leave us with Recreant for too long ;]

what's up guys

i have to deal with finals exams, leading my basketball team, going to new orleans this summer, transferring schools, getting better grades, and i need to catch up with other stuff on smogon such as analyses and teambuilding shop, but it is mainly just due to a lack of interest in the project. i have had fun doing this in the past, but it is time for me to step down from the council

all theorymon submissions should go to Mysteria unfixable Valmanway Recreant Celticpride from now on. also, the open council spots will now be open for new people. they will recruit you; do not ask them.

cya my niggaz its been fun :toast: hahaha

Last edited:
First Sun King, now Vertex, RIP theorymon.

Either way bye Vertex your time with the project has been great and we hope that you have a great time on the rest of smogon!

Hey, just giving a minor update. I'm not stepping down from council, I just will be inactive in this thread and will be focusing my attention elsewhere. You are still free to PM / VM me with your suggestions, and I will still be going through them. You just won't be seeing as much as me. :]

why is everyone leaving rip

VOTES:

Water / Steel Carracosta: 6

Dragon Dance Mega Glalie: 20

Belly Drum Floatzel: 23

Dark Aura Spiritomb: 21

NEW SLATE:

+ SAND FORCE

+ WATER ABSORB

+ TECHNICIAN

+ GRASS / ROCK TYPING

--

Anyways, this is my 1000th post on Smogon. I've met a lot of amazing people here. I'm not going to do individual shoutouts here, but if I tag you here, you're pretty cool imo.

I follow like 160 people on smogon so if you're in that group then you may as well count yourself here. These people were just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
All right! My idea got slated!

(It's Water Absorb Forretress, BTW)

Technician Mega Sceptile sounds pretty dope. I've always wished that there was a Pokemon who could abuse Technician Dragon Breath. Ooh! Or Technician Dual Chop and Bullet Seed if it wants to go physical! (Although I'm pretty sure Mega Sceptile is ranked B. Doesn't it have to be ranked B- or lower?)

Grass/Rock Tangrowth... I'm not exactly sure what a Rock typing would do for it. Maybe someone can help me out here?

As for Sand Force Tyranitar... I'm not sure. I'll have to run some calcs to see if that beefed up Stone Edge is really worth it.

Honestly, I think Grass/Rock Tangrowth is a straight downgrade. Losing your ground and water resists, your fighting and steel neutralities in exchange for....being neutral to flying and fire? Yea, IMO not worth it.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Sand Force Tyranitar sounds like a nightmare to deal with considering how retarded Stone Edge at +1 hits already let alone boosted by the sand.

Technician M-Sceptile would actually be a god in the older gens back when Giga Drain had 60 BP however rip to that. Dragonbreath like mention above does seem really cool now that I think about it along with boosting the power of hidden powers. I think technicians biggest selling point is giving it the option to utilize more hidden powers to take out certain checks and counters due to technician.

I think people are sort of missing the fact with Tangrowth that it now has STAB ancientpower or rock slide to utilize in its arsenal, as such it isn't demolished by various flying types like Talonflame right off the bat. It also gives it a neutrality to U-Turn due to its rock typing. I guess now the main concern is its weakness to fighting and steel which is kind of important to take note of that. I wouldn't say it's a downgrade more so something that provides pivoting tool to different elements of the metagame right now.

I don't really get Water Absorb Forretress tbh so can't exactly speak on it. I understand the flavor but not so much its significance outside of the very obvious.

Edit: @ below oops

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sand Force Tyranitar sounds like a nightmare to deal with considering how retarded Stone Edge at +1 hits already let alone boosted by the sand.

Technician M-Sceptile would actually be a god in the older gens back when Giga Drain had 60 BP however rip to that. Dragonbreath like mention above does seem really cool now that I think about it along with boosting the power of hidden powers. I think technicians biggest selling point is giving it the option to utilize more hidden powers to take out certain checks and counters due to technician.

I think people are sort of missing the fact with Tangrowth that it now has STAB ancientpower or rock slide to utilize in its arsenal, as such it isn't demolished by various flying types like Talonflame right off the bat. It also gives it a neutrality to U-Turn due to its rock typing. I guess now the main concern is its weakness to fighting and steel which is kind of important to take note of that. I wouldn't say it's a downgrade more so something that provides pivoting tool to different elements of the metagame right now.

I don't really get Water Absorb Forretress tbh so can't exactly speak on it. I understand the flavor but not so much its significance outside of the very obvious.
Rock doesn't resist Bug. :/

I don't see anything good about this slate right now,.

Tyranita is put on a timer to sweep with the Sand Force boost. Other weather will shut it down which sucks and its Speed tier is still bad for a DDer.

What does Water Absorb Foretress even do?

Sceptile gets Technician Dual Chop which is kinda lulzy, but it's coming off of its lesser Attack stat. Boosted Hidden Power is always cool though.

Tangrowth can now deal with Talonflame I guess?

I'm just not feeling any of these at the moment, but I'm probably missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)