Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks--it's been almost 12 hours past the original voting deadline so we're gonna close voting.

Our winner is…
+ Protean

We had another close one with vote counts of…

• Goodra + Protean: 10
  • Empoleon + Lightningrod: 7
  • Klefki + Healing Wish: 2
  • Doublade + Levitate: 2

Now…on to the next order of business. Normally, we have Mysteria post the results along with the new slate and a fancy new title for the thread. Seeing as I'm posting the results, that's clearly not the case. While we DO have a slate, we are going to postpone posting it because we want to see more contributions from YOU. When we have 4 solid submissions, we will post the slate. If you are unsure of who to send your submissions to, you can send them to any (or all, but that's redundant) of the following via PM…
I cannot speak for the council members, but I try my best to give a speedy and personalized response to each and every submission I receive. If you would like to submit something, but are unsure of what might be a good thing to submit, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ONE OF US. We would all be more than happy to help out, as we want to see as much community participation as we can!

Thanks all for your cooperation :)

Much love,

;lmlm (and although I'm speaking for them, the entire council)

My obligatory EDIT…This is actually really important for y'all.
  • The rules are being altered, and now only Pokemon of B- rank and under can be suggested for theorymons

Here are some general rules that each theorymon suggestion should follow:
  • Don't suggest changes about Pokemon that are already pretty viable in OU. Of course the term 'pretty viable' is open to interpretation, so to be more specific, everything in C+ rank and below in the viability ranking thread is fair game.
  • Don’t suggest changes that make or may make a Pokemon broken
  • Only theorymon ideas that bring positives to the OU metagame and have useful implications will be picked, which means no Huge Power on random Pokemon and other similar buffs.
  • You can only add a secondary typing to Pokemon of one type, or change the second type of a dual-typed Pokemon. Eg. Adding a Grass type to Florges, or changing Togekiss from Fairy / Flying to Fairy / (insert other type)
  • Those changes should at the very least not contradict flavor. They don’t have to fit a Pokemon’s flavor perfectly, but don’t suggest a secondary Fire-type for Grass-types for example.

Last edited:
I want to preface this with you guys are awesome. Without further ado, here's our next slate:

+ Intimidate (credit goes to hawk1113 )

+ Defiant (credit goes to Ohioisonfire )

+ Regenerator
(credit goes to Dilasc )

+ Sand Rush (credit goes to Isa Simple )

Thanks again you guys for making it so we can promptly roll out with a slate.

Now discuss...

Love for you ;lmlm <3
Reaaaalllyy awesome slate this time, good job guys. I'm glad there's more participation, since I love this thread and it really deserves a lot more attention. Anyways.

I kind of agree that Sand Rush Mega Chomp is a little over-powered. It borders on the broken-ness clause and I question why you would put it up against the rest of the slate. The other changes are slightly subtitle and don't add too much, which Chomp has complete control over the slate. It would be one of the best late game cleaners, period.
However, Sand is no longer permanent, and if you can stall out 5-8 turns of Sandstorm, it goes back to that crappy speed tier. Mega Slowbro walls it to hell and back, and Sableye can Will-O-Wisp it if it comes down to it.
I may be completely out of line for asking this, but, to everybody, I hope that Chomp doesn't completely control your votes. Each other Pokemon has something unique to being to the table, and I hope you can realize that.

-Cobalion + Intimidate: I really like this one, to be honest. Cobalion has really good bulk and a pretty good typing, as well as having access to pretty cool support moves such as Volt Switch, Thunder Wave and Stealth Rocks, as well as SD, but it's really too slow to do anything with it. Landorus seems to have pretty big advantages over it since it has Intimidate and U-Turn. It's a really cool idea, but since the rest of the slate is so fantastic, I don't see it winning. I'm defiantly going to vouch for it, though. I'm a huge fan of it. Good job hawk1113 , I'm glad you're contributing so early in your Smogon experience.

-Entei + Defiant: Ok, well this one was my idea, and I'll give my two cents on it with out trying to bias. With the abundance of Intimidate, Defog and Sticky Web flying around the upper ladder, Entei can take advantage of one of the most spam-able moves in the game, Sacred Fire, with +1 / +2 Attack. Having access to neat moves like Bulldoze and Extreme Speed, after +1 or +2, and move from this thing is going to hurt like hell. However, having a weakness to Stealth Rocks isn't too great. Entei is also a bit slow to be an attacker, but with enough bulk, it's going to be able to take a few hits with it's decent defensive stats. Being able to knock out Latios in one shot is huge. I'm honestly really proud of myself, lol.

-Florges + Regenerator: Eh. Really cool on paper, but I don't see it being too fantastic. It almost reminds me of Slowbro, but it has horrible physical bulk. Fairy is a fantastic typing, but I'd defiantly still prefer Sylveon, even without Regenerator. Being able to break through Substitute with STAB Hyper Voice is awesome. Florges is really predictable and only has one moveset that it can run efficiently. This is probably just my hatred for Florges in general speaking, but again, the rest of the slate really outshines it.

-Mega Garchomp + Sand Rush: What the fuck were you thinking.
Also, read above.

Last edited:
Cobalion + Intimidate: This is a change that increases its bulk against many physical threats that it already has no problem coming in on anyways and can KO (or at least force a switch) on many of them. Notably, it avoids the 2HKO from CB Talonflame's Brave Bird. To that end, it also doesn't counter Bisharp with Intimidate anymore. To that end, Steel/Fight is still a great typing, but each ability is meant to wall different things.

Entei + Defiant: Did someone say +2 Extremespeed? Because that was scary enough on Mega Lucario. CB Espeed at +2 will break souls. Even at +1 via Intimidate, a CB Entei is basically running around with an almost-free SD boost and the terror that is Extremespeed. Outside of the base-form Lucario (which isn't quite as useful anymore), ExtremeSpeed would be a force in OU again.

Don't even get me started on Sacred Fire. Even 'mons that resist it would be hard pressed to take more than one.

Florges + Regenerator: This would be rather nice to put a heavy stop on Greninja if the damn ninja frog didn't get Gunk Shot. Alas, it is not meant to be. It does help somewhat that Florges gets Synthesis in ORAS, so maybe this might become a proper SpD analogy to Slowbro. It still can't take physical hits, so it won't be as useful as Slowbro, however.

Mega Garchomp + Sand Rush: The end times are near. Make peace with your various gods.

Love for you ;lmlm <3
Just doin' m'job.

-Mega Garchomp + Sand Rush: What the fuck were you thinking.

Sometimes I like to break the things I love the most.

ANYWAYS…

• Cobalion: Cool stuff here. I like how nicely it fits into Volt-Turn cores thanks to Intimidate + Support moves.

• Entei: I just want to see more users of Defiant in general, so there's not much else to say other than it would certainly change the way we stack spikes.

• Florges: Okay the comparisons to Slowbro need to stop, because what thing this is similar to is Alomomola. It's a Regenerating Wish Passer, only a HELL of a lot better than 'Mola. I'm in love with this and it's getting my vote.

• MegaChomp: As I said, sometimes you just gotta break the metagame. Definitely would be A+, dare I say S? Only thing that held this monster back before was the crappy speed tier. Now he gets to make a sexy new speed tier.

Last edited:
Alright, I guess I'll give it a go.

Intimidate Cobalion- Okay, I like this one a lot, it really improves his ability as a pivot. I mean I'm paranoid about +1 Bisharp but Coba's faster anyway. Seriously this is a big boon to balance teams, especially VoltTurn.

Defiant Entei- +2 Choice Band Extremespeed = gg late-game. All I need to say.

Regenerator Florges- It finally has a niche over Sylveon, and a big one at that. If you've seen how Audino in NU works, this'll probably be exactly like that. Probably would be the best out of the 4 slates if it weren't for...

Sand Rush Mega Garchomp- Broken. Well, on paper at least. But we won't know this for sure until 90% of the tier gets trashed by a category 5 Sharknado. :toast:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah Florges literally outclasses Sylveon at this point, Regen+Wish is just that amazing a combo. It basically means that Florges doesn't even need to recieve its own wishes, because it can just switch out to get its health back, healing both itself and the recipient. Defenitely a big fan of this one.

I originally liked the idea of Intimidate Cobalion until I realised that Intimidate gives a free boost to Bisharp, the #1 thing it's supposed to counter... Oops... Still, this is an improvement in every other way, makes it a better pivot and rock setter in general.

lol Garchomp doesn't even need Sand support now. A set of Earthquake/Dragon Claw or Outrage or Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Sandstorm sounds like a ridiculously powerful win condition, able to use its solid bulk to set up Sand and go to town.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Well i wouldn't say that regen florges is that better than mola, it's true that is a little bit less passive than the fish (even tho it still is very passive) but mola's wishes are far bigger and that makes mola a better wishpasser imo. For the rest they are very similar. However this is still a big buff that makes it able to outclass some fairies Such as sylveon and Give it a role in the meta, which previously it hadn't because was outclassed by every other cleric.
I like both defiant entei and intimidate cobalion because the former is an important add to HO teams that are hazard reliant as an entei LO +2 is awesome vs both offensive and defensive playstyles, the latter becomes a nice pivot especially in teams with a voltturn core.
But the MVP here is sand rush megachomp, outspeeds everything in sand and with the ability to hit both physically and specially and great dual stab with great base power, it is one of the best wincon while still being an awesome wallbreaker. It will be probably A+ as it requires sand support, because i don't think it is worth it to drop sd or coverage to manually set sand (although it can still do the job, it just isn't optional imo)

I had originally thought the same about Cobalion (that it gives a boost to Bisharp), but even at +1, Bisharp can't do anything to it, and dies to Fighting STAB.

Okay so gonna try to do shout outs to people and give thoughts on slate so........lets get it to it!

I really wish I had a mono theorymon meta set up (as i explained to Chimplup the other day) just cause the comedy of seeing Gar rampaging around everything without a scarf would be nice for once xD

Regen Florges is yes, a slightly lesser Alom, but it at least now has perks over Sylv. It will be interesting to use but will it be enough to make it stand out in this slate? idk.

Defiant Entei running around, +2 Burning all the landos round and round. I may actually want to use Entei even if i prefer ARcanine. Coballion i myself do not use much if at ll, but it has some promise, and it can act as a faster intimi-scarf user than lando-t w with a more spammable stab (fighting/steel over ground)..

A strong slate....but I'm still probably voting Sand Ruish Gar cause i wanna use it on my ground teams so i can get some more variety.

Shout-Outs
So i got 1000 posts earlier this week and didn't notice. So time to rectify that with some acknowledgements!

alexwolf First mod i talked to and let me run the first theorymon with him. He is usually my go to mod in asking if i can get this on VR or just complaining bout something silly. He does a lot of stuff and find it fun i got to work with him on something for just a little bit.

Aragorn the King the crazy friend of mine who started out on forums alongside me and sorta ran bout running victim of week threads and many other things. WE chat on teambuilding, what the views on if this guy is gonna actually get banned or not (keeping that mouth shut.. xD) and actually chatting when im on main as rare as that is. Always a pleasure bud.

Chimplup One of the few people outside of fail who i still have good memories of back when we ran around main of gen 5, glad to see ya taking interest in some of this stuff and mad we didn't win. Viva Empoleon!

fail_at_battling anything i say to you i would say it in person bud.

Chou Toshio Still are good friend even if ya had to go. Was really insightful working with you just as much as alex. Glad to see that you were willing to let me help and all and let me take over in your absence.

WebBowser Recently got to know ya better and is currently helping me run the new OU thread much better than it was near the end. Glad to see ya eaeger to help and look forward to working on the thread for good while :D

All the guys on the current Theorymon Council, yall are all great and helpful even if i have to argue about the finer points with yall one too many times. Yall are always eager, even if its a bit silly us debating like we do, but it usually ends well. Glad to see us working like we are :D

And if i forgot anybody pm me and i'll add you in. I've had a horrible memory for a long while so it entirely my fault if i cant recall some simple facts (or immense help).

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
and i stopped getting alerts...again :/
i see conspiracy that goodra won since empoleon was clearly better but w/e gg
placeholder for views

edit: here goes, but keep in mind i believe these pokes to be good in their natural state as well(yes even the fairy flower with no grass typing)
Cobalion+Intimidate: I don't know what to make of it. I don't know what lets it down. Some say lack of recovery, some say hitting not hard enough, and intimidate doesn't seem to help with that. Sure it becomes even better at physical walling, i just don't see it being enough to help him. Sure you can pack it with Florges and do wish passing, but it still struggles.

Entei+Defiant: Is it just me or it seems just a random suggestions. lol jk i think Scarf Defiant Entei would be nice. It still suffers from w/e it does now like rocks and 4MSS(and no EQ i'll do suggest that for next slate) but now it can be fast and strong at once. Not too breaking, yet it helps.

Florges+Regenerator: Ok i think this is Regenrator Blissey all over again, and i don't like it. I think Natural Cure would have been a bit more, er, levelling i guess.

Mega Garchomp+Sand Rush:
This is one of those cases where one goes from rags to riches imo. Just too breaking imo. Still kudos for the deadly idea

Last edited:
Well i wouldn't say that regen florges is that better than mola, it's true that is a little bit less passive than the fish (even tho it still is very passive) but mola's wishes are far bigger and that makes mola a better wishpasser imo. For the rest they are very similar. However this is still a big buff that makes it able to outclass some fairies Such as sylveon and Give it a role in the meta, which previously it hadn't because was outclassed by every other cleric.
It's not just a little bit less passive, Florges has a 95bp STAB coming off of 112 spattk whie alomomola has an 80bp STAB coming off of 40, like it's way more than the difference between florges and sylveon. Florges lacks the mixed bulk of alomo, but its special bulk is titanic enough that it can invest almost fully in physical while maintaining good special bulk.

silver97

It's not just a little bit less passive, Florges has a 95bp STAB coming off of 112 spattk whie alomomola has an 80bp STAB coming off of 40, like it's way more than the difference between florges and sylveon. Florges lacks the mixed bulk of alomo, but its special bulk is titanic enough that it can invest almost fully in physical while maintaining good special bulk.
Yes mola's scald is not supposed to hurt, is there just to get burns, and of course mola is more passive, while florges has some sort of offensive presence, but Limited to the role of wishpasser mola (that is the main role for both) mola is better and is probably is the best of the game because just like regen florges it doesn't need to eat its own wishes all day, but it differentiates From florges because how bigger its wishes are

Cobalion + Intimidate: I'm not sure about this. Lando-T and Mega Manectric already exist, and losing Justified makes it a shakier Bisharp check. Justified takes Cobalion for "good Bisharp check" to "punishes that mofo for using Knock Off." Still a good idea, it just doesn't stick out as much as the others. It does end up as a hybrid of Landorus-T and Terrakion as a lead, so there's that.

Entei + Defiant: I like this, mostly because more good Defiant mons are always good. +2 Sacred Fire and Extremespeed is great as well. Beats most common Defoggers in some form or another as well. Just enough power with a Life Orb to beat the Lati@s twins with ESpeed.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Entei Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 274-324 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 250-294 (83 - 97.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This could be a boon to balance teams because it can also be part of an offensive FWG core (it can now, but it's better with Defiant).

Florges + Regenerator: Very good idea. Gives it some distance from Sylveon, and not having to stop momentum to WishTect is also very useful. You could make a really annoying core of Slowbro+Florges, with 2 or 3 teammates to handle Mega Venusaur and the few other things that can break that Regen core. Moonblast+Psyshock+Wish+Aromatherapy makes it a better Mola imo. At the very least Florges would have use on less stall-based teams. Overall a ton of utility with 154 Special Defense+Regen+Wish+Aromatherapy.

Mega Garchomp + Sand Rush:

Yes mola's scald is not supposed to hurt, is there just to get burns, and of course mola is more passive, while florges has some sort of offensive presence, but Limited to the role of wishpasser mola (that is the main role for both) mola is better and is probably is the best of the game because just like regen florges it doesn't need to eat its own wishes all day, but it differentiates From florges because how bigger its wishes are
Yeah as a completely dedicated wish passer alomo would be better, but Florges brings much more to the table in general with offensive presence, aromatherapy and typing. I would almost definitely say florges is better overall, but Alomo isn't that far behind.

silver97

Aromatherapy is a good point, but i don't think florges has better typing, and while it has offensive presence It is also prone to be used as a setup bait, mola instead can avoid this with toxic or occasional burns with scald

Sandrush Garchomp makes me wonder about the brokenness rule. I submitted Mega Launcher Hydreigon and was told that it was a broken, mindless offensive buff (even if though it removes an immunity to a common coverage move)... but a Garchomp in a speed tier all his own is not?! I apologize if I sound a bit annoyed, but I wouldn't be surprised if this OU theorymon, if it wins, isn't suspect tested all the way to Theorymon Ubers.

Sandrush Garchomp makes me wonder about the brokenness rule. I submitted Mega Launcher Hydreigon and was told that it was a broken, mindless offensive buff (even if though it removes an immunity to a common coverage move)... but a Garchomp in a speed tier all his own is not?! I apologize if I sound a bit annoyed, but I wouldn't be surprised if this OU theorymon, if it wins, isn't suspect tested all the way to Theorymon Ubers.

.....someone told you that was broken? That sounds pretty great tbt considering its still manageable due to its speed tier.

silver97

I think that the reason here is that while hydreigon can work alone (120 and 122 STABs with 100% accuracy and no negative effects with the possibility to carry an item is nothing to laugh at), garchomp needs sand to be kept up to do its job

I think that the reason here is that while hydreigon can work alone (120 and 122 STABs with 100% accuracy and no negative effects with the possibility to carry an item is nothing to laugh at), garchomp needs sand to be kept up to do its job
Course there is also a slight fact it hits weaker than LO Exca in sand at the cost of just having plain better coverage and speed (but eh, , i digress.)

I said it was OP because Hydreigon is really hard to switch into already. Mega Launcher makes it have Adaptability Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse, and it already has Superpower to slam Chansey and fire blast for Skarm. I don't want to make stall even more unviable. I'd make the same call again to disallow this.

Mega Garchomp not only takes up a mega slot, but it requires team support. It also has answers like Gliscor, and it's completely susceptible to burns. Sure--it may be a little over the top, but we've got time to explore what might be a good answer to it.

Also, I don't get why you're upset. We've slated your submissions for two consecutive slates.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Cobalion + Intimidate: Absolutely love it. While it lacks the raw power of Lando-T, this can be an excellent defensive pivot. It's one of the few Intimidate mons that doesn't fear Bisharp, and it has a Speed tier that means it doesn't need a Scarf to be fast. (Although ORAS makes its Speed tier slightly less valuable, admittedly.) Considering how good Bisharp is looking with the new ORAS drops, I suspect having access to a bulky pivot that isn't afraid of it is pretty valuable. This plus Mega-Latias with her insane Special bulk and the way she stomps over everything not Dark type sounds pretty fantastic.

Entei + Defiant: Another one I like a lot, although not as much as Cobalion. Defiant is a great ability, and it kind of sucks that the only viable user is Bisharp. CB Extreme Speed does ~70% at +1 to 0/4 Lando-T, so Scarfdog can't check this guy if it has taken any prior damage. More importantly, +2 CB Intimidate is a guaranteed OHKO against the most common Defogger in the game (Latios). Of course, despite having access to two of the best moves in the game, the rest of its movepool is still as barren as the moon, and the CB he needs to guarantee the OHKO on Latios means he'll be pretty easy to play around. Finally, switching him in to catch Defogs or Intimidates is going to be hard with that Rocks weakness.

It's definitely a great boost, and I really like it, but I think Entei will still have some issues even with Defiant.

Florges + Regenerator: Eh, I'm not super excited by this one. Wish + Regenerator is pretty cool (just ask Alomomomomomola), and with Regenerator you might even be able to get away with dropping Protect, so you could run both Toxic and Moonblast. But... I don't know. Its physical bulk is still crap, and it still doesn't have any decent offensive presence. At least Alomowhatever has decent mixed bulk and can pass giant Wishes with that insane HP, and can shoot for Scald burns or Knock Off. It's definitely a boost, and I could see situations where I would use it, but overall it's my least favorite this slate.

Garchomp + Sand Rush: Why yes, let's give Sand Rush to someone with the mixed attacking stats of Kyurem-B (plus a much better typing). What could possibly go wrong? Seriously, this thing hits almost as hard as LO Excadrill on the physical side, with the ability to fire off Draco Meteors and Fire Blasts from base 120 SpAt on the Special side to break through physical walls. It also has impressive 108/115/95 bulk, which lets it laugh at priority users (Dread Plate Bisharp's Sucker Punch is a 3HKO, while CB Azumarill's Aqua Jet is a 4HKO) and even set up its own sand. While it will need team support to be effective, making it not quite as broken as, say, Mega-Salamence, let's look at it in comparison to its closest analog, Mega-Swampert. It's MUCH faster, more powerful, capable of going mixed, with more physical bulk... and sand is way easier to fit on a team than rain, since Tyranitar is much more useful to the average team than Politoed. Yeah, this thing is seriously good, possibly too good.

Out of all of these, it's a tough call between Cobalion and Entei for my favorite, but I think I prefer Cobalion.

Awesome slate of 'mons, and I'm excited to talk about them!:

Cobalion + Intimidate: I'll try not to be too biased while explaining what I was going for. We all know from MegaMan and Lando-T that Intimidate + VoltTurn is a really great strategy, allowing for strong momentum gain due to forcing switches while getting a "free" switch yourself. Cobalion with Intimidate can throw his hat into the ring as another user of this set-up. The important thing to me is that Cobalion has a very different typing, one that allows him to deal with very different threats. He can still switch into and easily 1HKO the likes of Weavile, Chansey, Crawdaunt, and even +1 Bisharp (the things you want Cobalion to do now), but now a tanky set can also safely switch into and maim bird-spam users, Landorus-T, even Excadrill. Cobalion has more tricks up his sleeve though - he's got a decent support move pool of Taunt, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Roar, and Reflect, so he can play that role. He's also got access to much better boosting moves than Lando or MegaMan, so you can use him more like Gyara - Switch in on a pokemon he walls thanks to Intimidate, set-up with Calm Mind or Swords Dance, and go to town. Basically, it opens up a ton more options for Cobalion to try and make work and helps somewhat alleviate his serious "jack of all stats" nature, while making him much better at supporting his team.

Entei + Defiant: Wow, I wish my first slated 'mon wasn't against this awesome thing. I like to think of Theorymon's in terms of "what can this thing do now that it can't without this ability/move/type", and check this out...

+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 287-338 (95.3 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Previously, Entei would need to stay far, far away Latias, since it can near-OHKO with Draco Meteor. Now, it can switch in on a predicted Defog and fish for the OHKO with E-Speed, allowing it to outmaneuver Latias's superior speed. He now similarly picks up key guaranteed OHKOs versus MegaMan, Zapdos, Skarmory, Mew...he's basically a Defogger's worst nightmare, and that's never mind the terror of +2 Sacred Fire against the meta in general. Defiant is an awesome ability in this meta, and Entei's got what it takes to be a different, powerful abuser of it alongside Bisharp.

Florges + Regenerator: This makes her wish-passing set a lot better, maybe even allowing her to dump Protect and run Aromatherapy and Toxic, but it doesn't alter her options and open up new match-ups and sets in a way the previous two due. I want to like it since Florges is one of those "so close to being good" Pokemon, but this just doesn't do anything for me. I'm happy to hear some counter-arguments though.

Mega Garchomp + Sand Rush: Wow. Pack your Ice Shards folks, 'cause nothing will outrun this thing. That being said, he's not a God. In addition to Ice Shard from Mamoswine or Weavile, it looks to me like MegaBro (even regular Bro) can still wall it even at +2 and fire back with an Ice Beam for a 2HKO. If he doesn't have SD up, Prankster Sableye can stall him out with WoW + Recover - even at +2, Sable can fish for some time to let its burns do their thing and let the sand wear off. He also fails to OHKO Azumarill, Sylveon, or Clefable without a boost, who can all fire back with big Fairy type moves to kill or wear him down. I don't think he's as exciting as Entei or Cobalion in terms of what he does for team building, but I don't think he's so broken as to prohibit honest discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)