Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
why so much love for a flying-fish? i mean how many of you have actually used it for what's it being voted for? how many of you understood the prev q? you don't even know mantaray, didnt your mom teach you to stay away from strangers? and dont say anything along the lines "making new friends". firehusky like this.

Alright guys, you have cast your votes and we have our winner!

Overwhelmingly, it's..
+ Roost

The votes were as follows…

Mantine: 32
Krookodile: 13
Gastrodon: 11
Typhlosion: 7

As you can see, we had a very close race for second place. We've also heard how much you liked this slate. As such, we've decided to give everything that lost a SECOND CHANCE to win. That's right--Krookodile, Gastrodon, and Typhlosion get one more week of discussion and another shot at glory! But wait--Sun King--don't all slates have 4 Pokemon?

Ladies and gentlemen, our next slate…

+ Dragon Dance

+ Poison Heal

+ Drought

+ Focus Blast

We're bringing back an oldie, but a goodie in Pidgeot + Focus Blast. Now I know conversation on all four of these submissions has already happened, but that doesn't mean it's been exhausted. We had a staggering 63 votes last slate; that's excellent participation! Let's keep that participation trending upward everyone!

Now…you know what to do…DISCUSS

LEL, WE LITERALLY GOT THE EXACT SAME SLATE + BIRD JESUS

discussed every single one of these lol apart from based pidge; but I vote for submissions based not on not how much it makes a Pokémon better, but if it adds anything new or interesting to the meta. FB Pidge does not.
So it'll either be down to sun setter or muh slug

p2

Banned deucer.
Well the last 3 have been discussed a ton from the last slate, but I'm glad to see Focus Blast Pidgeot has another chance

Focus Blast patches up Pidgeots horrible coverage issue and actually gets something to nail Tyranitar and Heatran switchins which helps it a ton
252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 360-428 (105.5 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 196-232 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Not much to say about it, but at least it isn't getting countered by some of the most common pokemon in the tier :toast:

Ok seriously, if you guys vote for anything other than bird Jesus I will be very disappointed do you know how much i wanted this

That's literally all it needs to be good. Try using a Nasty Passer like Celebi and watch it blow through teams, +2 Pidgeot is disgusting. And with Focus Blast, at +2, not even Rotom-W is a safe switch in.
+2 252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 254-299 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It'll be a close race between Pidgeot and Krook in my opinion. DD Krookodile is pretty interesting, and it would make it a terrifying sweeper if it's used properly. Knock Off is a great move in pretty much anybody's hands. Ground / Dark coverage is actually really decent, and with two pretty powerful moves in Earthquake and Knock Off, it'll surely be pretty interesting.

Poison Heal Gastro is still really neat however. It's basically a Gliscor with Scald and a better typing. People are only focusing on the fact that it lose its Water immunity. SpD Curse Gastro will be pretty much unbreakable after a boost or two.

Typlosion still won't win lol

Last edited:
Well, with Roost Mantine having won, I whole-heartedly am supporting Krook for the second-chance slate. Typhlosion is a nuke, but he's very susceptible to Hazards, and Gastrodon certainly gets a new role, but a new role which brings competition.

Pidgeot is an improvement, but the way it's played remains the same, and gives it something else Torn-T has that it doesn't in Fighting Coverage.

I have a bias towards Krook for one of my favorite designs, but Dragon Dance would also change up how he's played, and we've already seen evidence of how a set like his could work from Gyarados: 2-move coverage, Intimidate/Moxie, above average bulk, and a Thunder Wave immunity to boot. In fact, Krook and Gyarados could make a bit of an interesting Double Dancer core, Krook Intimidating and Knocking Off items in mid-game for Gyarados to sweep late game. This would allow Krook to outright beat rather than wear down Gyarados's checks and counters for him, the SR resistance means he can switch in more easily, and allows Gyarados to preserve his arguably better defensive typing until he needs to set up himself.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
ik sun king did this just to watch the world this thread rot burn. and kurona just to be noticed by recreant(anticipating a nasty reply to this >.> ) anyway bird jesus vs, mexican krook is where the real deal's at. i'll consult with good user boTTT :]

ps: typhlo is bae but doesnt quite make the cut, and gastro is just slime

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)