The (Past) Dark Horse Project — Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
*** Your rank in Standard OU is 200/48701 [1308 points / 38 battles]!

God damn, 1300 is only top 200 ;~;
I'll be there soon enough C: Sharpedo and Toxicroak still working wonders

Been seeing a lot of sun teams recently

Question for those more experienced in BW: Who are some good teammates for a Wobbuffet/Scarftar/Acrobatics Gliscor core? I've got Weather and VolTurn covered pretty well; weather starters are beaten by Wobbuffet/Tyranitar from the wicked Tickle/Pursuit combo (how has that not become more popular?), and Wobb does a decent job of breaking up VolTurn. Right now I'm using Landorus, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, and they've been solid but unspectacular. I'm not looking for a full-on rate, just some quick tips.

My team has been doing pretty well peaking around 1649 but i am having HUGE problems with rain teams which are all over the ladder at this rank, so please if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Also i will add that i am very weak to calm mind/TR reuniclus. Have recently tried thunder on my latios pretty much just to troll rain teams and it seems a little effective.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]Thunder?
- Draco Meteor

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spd
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Softboiled

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock

I'm not at 1102, and this ladder keeps being...weird

Scarf Gyarados, Scarf Azelf...all sets that beat my team specifically, and I keep facing them on the ladder...

EDIT: some +23/+24 battles without random things...I won them all, now I'm at 1211

Even though the 2 things I'm using aren't really...being that useful, and surprisingly Cobalion is the one doing better of the 2

Just hit 1300 with my tornadus team :D

(20:32:40) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 204/48380 [1300 points / 142 battles]!

Gotta love using unexpected things, especially good unexpected things.

I either completely win though, or I completely lose. (like 6-0...) I can't pinpoint the teams that do that to me but I will attempt to

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pokemon Online Username: dunkaroo
Hall of Fame Standing: Made it :o
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Kingdra/Toxicroak
Current Ladder Standing: 1356

Proof:

I'm going to continue with this team to see if I can get higher, it's quite fun to use :D

Here is the team if anyone is interested:

(Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

(Kingdra) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump

(Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

(Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

(Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Thunder
- Iron Head

(Toxicroak) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

I might make Latios scarfed because I have trouble with Dragon Dance Dnite/Haxorus and a ton of trouble with Volcarona. I think that'd solve those issues nicely.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stif, I don't see the need to go max HP on Dragonite without Roost. I would definitely like more Speed on Dragonite to outpace at least ScarfTar after a Dragon Dance (192 Spe EVs).

If you are having trouble with Rain, one simple fix can be Scarfing your Latios. That way, Latios can revenge dangerous Rain Sweepers, such as Starmie and Jolteon. It also comes in handy against Sun and HO teams. If you want solid coverage against Water-type, try specially defensive Gastrodon over Dragonite or SR Celebi over Heatran.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Modest | 252 HP / 104 SpA / 128 SpD / 24 Spe
Giga Drain / Leaf Storm | Hidden Power [Fire] | Thunder Wave | Stealth Rock

Note: SpA EVs just enough to OHKO CB Scizor (after Rocks) and 2HKO 252 HP / 168 SDef Ferrothorn

I feel like your team has enough resistances to Psychic to play around OTR Reuniclus; you also have Mew and now Trick Scarf Latios to deal with Calm Mind Reuniclus. You could however make your Scizor a specially bulky SDer (248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD, Adamant Nature) to better deal with not only Reuniclus, but Gengar, Choiced Latios, and Calm Mind Jirachi.

Pokemon Online Username: Latios Amigos
Hall of Fame Standing: -
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Darmanitan / Tangrowth / Slowking / Donphan
Current Ladder Standing: 1000 > 1371

its a sun team, i tried Charizard which was was so damn strong but it died so fast, even with spin support. Politoad stops it cold which was gey. so i ditched that team

CS Darmanitan
Defensive Tang (Regen)
2 attacks Slack Off Dtail mixed wall Slowking
Standard Donphan

Pokemon Online Username:Roger Mason Jr Penis
Hall of Fame Standing:nope
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With:Mew
Current Ladder Standing:n/a

[pimg]327[/pimg]

I - FINALLY - reached top-100 with Spinda, and I am so proud of doing that!
First, I used Spinda as a useful sweeper in a TR-team (peaked #120), but after a loosing-streak of 10 I realised, that it could be an important part in setting up a Dragonite sweep. (Some people don't realise that Spinda is an awesome Ferrothorn, Bulkytran and SlowTar-check..)

Proof:

Peaked #98 (1356 points) so far under the alt onlyusemySPINDA

Here is the set I was using on my Dragonite-team:

Spinda (F) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spd
- Superpower
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Toxic

Superpower is the move that will be picked 90% of the time, which is why I use the Fist Plate. Frustration + Superpower grant some coverage and make use of Spinda's STAB. I sub when I see a Ttar or Ferrothon and hope for a thunderwave, sr or whatever. Toxic is mostly for the annoying ghosts that tend to come in and wall Spinda. (I know that I can't do anything to Gengar).

Here follows a link to a battle that shows how I most of the time use Spinda (yes, the stupid thing gets a kill):

Stif, I don't see the need to go max HP on Dragonite without Roost. I would definitely like more Speed on Dragonite to outpace at least ScarfTar after a Dragon Dance (192 Spe EVs).

If you are having trouble with Rain, one simple fix can be Scarfing your Latios. That way, Latios can revenge dangerous Rain Sweepers, such as Starmie and Jolteon. It also comes in handy against Sun and HO teams. If you want solid coverage against Water-type, try specially defensive Gastrodon over Dragonite or SR Celebi over Heatran.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Modest | 252 HP / 104 SpA / 128 SpD / 24 Spe
Giga Drain / Leaf Storm | Hidden Power [Fire] | Thunder Wave | Stealth Rock

Note: SpA EVs just enough to OHKO CB Scizor (after Rocks) and 2HKO 252 HP / 168 SDef Ferrothorn

I feel like your team has enough resistances to Psychic to play around OTR Reuniclus; you also have Mew and now Trick Scarf Latios to deal with Calm Mind Reuniclus. You could however make your Scizor a specially bulky SDer (248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD, Adamant Nature) to better deal with not only Reuniclus, but Gengar, Choiced Latios, and Calm Mind Jirachi.
Thanks alot man the scraf latios really helps me against rain teams.

Pokemon Online Username: Anchormon
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Sigilyph
Current Ladder Standing: 1161

Standard Cosmic Power Sigilyph. Trying to modify Solum's Core to make up for the lack of Garchomp.

I've been using Scizor in place of Garchomp, and so far, it's doing a nice job. I'm still quite new to OU, so I'm still getting used to exactly what specific threats do (I know what they do in theory, but making plans in practice takes some time). I went up to almost 1200 in about a half hour, which I think is pretty good having never played OU before. I've since leveled off around 1150, but that's to be expected. Hopefully this team has what it takes to go all the way!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow.

As of today, the Dark Horse Project has over 100 Registered Participants, and that number is still climbing! Within this time span of ten days, we've seen a plethora of Dark Horse Pokemon on the ladders, from the mighty sun sweeper Venusaur to the underdog Spinda, who's usage percentage in December was at about 0.023%. We've currently dealt with 15 Dark Horse Pokemon that have reached the Top 100 in Smogon's competitive OU ladder. I can't even begin to describe how proud I am of you guys.

I was re-reading through Smogon's Philosophy yesterday, when I stumbled upon something that I believe heavily relates to this project. Check it out:

It should be noted, however, that the player who uses a lesser Pokémon and still attains victory consistently is rewarded with the utmost respect—so a player who values his or her "favorites" should consider investing the knowledge of Smogon into the lesser Pokémon.
In my opinion, the Dark Horse Project pertains considerably to this quote. In this project, we're seeking to learn more about "lesser Pokemon" and how to use them within OU. As a result, we're also giving players who can master Dark Horse Pokemon respect through the Hall of Fame! I hope that as this project continues in the future that we can keep this mentality in our minds.

I'm going to be asking some questions soon to cultivate more discussion to both Hall of Famers and those still laddering. I feel that this project has a lot of potential to share information and knowledge for the betterment of Dark Horse Pokemon. If anyone has any questions or comments they'd like to raise, now (and any time) is the perfect chance!

All Registered Participants, again, thank you for all of your dedicated work. Keep on laddering; we've still got work to do! And for those of you who aren't registered, why aren't you? We're always looking to add more users who desire to learn about the lesser-known beauties of OU. Thanks for considering!

I'm not really doing so well. Here's my current team. Any suggestions on how to improve it?

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SDef / 136 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Roar

~Provides sun support for my team
~Flamethrower for STAB, Will-o-wisp to burn, Roar to phaze
~Subsitute helps to burn/phaze troublesome pokemon

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

~My dark horse pokemon
~Quiver Dance sweeper
~Okay coverage, still walled by many pokes
~Sleep powder is quite useful

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

~Bulky DD set
~Good coverage
~Nice synergy with the rest of my team

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Safeguard

~Kills opposing weather starters and other troublesome pokes
~Encore helps set up my sweepers

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

~Great wall in the sun
~Steel type
~Sets up SR and phazes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Illuminate
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

~Offensive spinner
~Boltbeam since I can't really use Water STAB in the sun.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ Just a quick note to those posting teams for help; it would be immensely more meaningful if you provide descriptions as to WHY you have the Pokemon on your line-up, WHAT the general purpose of the team is, HOW each Pokemon contributes to the team's goal, and any notable weakness that you have identified. Makes it a lot easier to lend a hand

It doesn't have to be in-depth material like RMT, but some explanation would go a long way in letting people understand what you're trying to accomplish with your team.

and any notable weakness that you have identified.
this. please. [:

also jessifer, trying running a more defensive starmie like 252 hp / 252 speed with lefties. you could also try running something like lum dd dragonite seeing as your current set doesn't really make use of rapid spin support as well as it could!

Sighs.. Almost there with Milotic. Went up to rank# 233 and lost 3 straight and down to #1058. I have 200+ games already with her since this project started. Will try again later...

Okay So I tried to make Gallade work, but he's just not giving me what I need, or maybe I need to learn more about the meta to use him effectively. I didn't even break 1100 with him and after trying multiple variations of him, Banded, Scarfed, Sub/Dance 2 attacks, Baton Passing him boosts - he's still too frail and weak to take me to the Hall of Fame at this point in time. I'm going to try something else and maybe come back to him once I improve myself.

So to that end I've picked one of my favorite defensive pokemon:

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Yawn
- Flamethrower

Edit: Okay, already I feel much more comfortable with this guy and I like what he brings to the table. Only move I'm not sure about is Yawn. I think my team may be better served by toxic or a paralysis move:

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Yawn

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Landorus (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
- Overheat
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

The team's goal is rather simple, get lots of hazards down and shuffle as many mons as possible over them with Whirlwind and Roar. If anyone tries to mess with the plan, destroy them quick with Scizor or Landorus, or mess them up with Trick. Rotom-H was taken to give me a hard hitting fire move but so far my problem has been rain teams so I may end up going with a Choice Specced Rotom-C as it destroys most lead Politoed with a Choiced Leaf Storm or a regular Rotom I'm painfully aware I lack a spin-blocker -so far I haven't really needed one but I'm sure that changes once you ladder up a bit.
Also, having Landorus focus on Special Attacks has taken people by surprise as I Focus Blast through their physical walls, but I may opt for Life Orb as opposed to Choice Specs and try some ideas I have in that direction. I miss having a Blissey with Wish and Heal Bell that was part of an earlier incarnation of the team but I needed Rotom to stop some others in their tracks with Trick and Will-O-Wisp

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated my post, and here's the result:

You know, for everything my team went through in one day (such as hax and being cleaned off by a...Focus Sash Aerodactyl), I'm sure proud of it for managing to hold itself in the metagame. This team is also the first time I've seriously considered using Slowbro as a support Pokemon, although it's not my Dark Horse to boast about.

Surt (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon Trait: Flash Fire
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Earth Power

Kin-Ki (Hitmontop) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Foresight
- Sucker Punch

Ares (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break

Mahakala (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Isis (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash

Pixie (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Spd
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Most of my losses are due to carelessness and apathy towards the game (I have other stuff to look at during battles), so I'm not entirely sure of potential weaknesses in my team. Anybody that can identify weaknesses will have my thanks.

When I still played (haven't since last June now) I got to #1 on the OU ladder using both Parasect and Sharpedo. Good times...

I'm also bubbles at #7.

Yes I used to play way too much.

(11:14:18) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 79/48655 [1371 points / 54 battles]!

Darmanitan was probably the MVP. Pretty much every Pokemon on this team pulled their weight.

Hall of Fame Registration Form
Pokemon Online Username: Jcpdragonx (latios amigos was laddering alt)
Dark Horse Pokemon: Darmanitan, Slowking, Tangrowth, Donphan* (since its max of 3 ill leave Donphan out)
Screenshot of Top 100 Ladder Ranking:

Dark Horse Pokemon Complete Set:
Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off

Full team
Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 36 SAtk / 112 SDef / 12 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Toxic

Bulky Toed. Rain support is crucial for Feraligatr. Chose the bulky version due to the bulk and anti-stall / setup.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

I need a SpD pivot that works well in the rain and can actually take those DMs from Latios / Latias / whatever. I always need a status spreader because crippling Pokemons with paralyse is always helpful.

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower

My Dark Horse Mon. Not much to say. Aqua Jet is the key here. After Torrent, +2 from SD and under rain, good luck to everybody.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Refresh

I realized I have trouble with Volt Switches. So Latias is a very good counter to them. Tricking Scarf over to her isn't a problem. Not TOO huge of a problem, anyway. I tried this variant of Latias as it is unexpected and it works out great. Problem is that it dies too fast. With Recover, I will get wreck by status. With Refresh, I die too fast without Wish support.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Suggested by Pocket to have another Water / Electric counter. Helps with most SpA attackers.

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam

Another Dark horse. Brings down at least 1 Pokemon per game if played correctly.

I am having huge, huge trouble with strong Physical attackers. There just isn't any safe-switch ins to that Haxorus / Terrakion. It's really troublesome. And I am hovering within the 1100 benchmark. Not rising, but dropping. Which is depressing.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not sure if you want any advice but I think that DD Rest Outrage Waterfall Kingdra is a lot better than the current version you have. Sure, Outrage confusion can kinda be a bitch, but rain boosted Waterfall (or even something as simple as +2 Waterfall) can cause massive trouble for anything that doesn't resist it. The idea would simply be get rid of the opponents Ferrothorn then set up to the best of your ability. It was a great set last generation -- so I'm kind of interested to see how it does this generation.

But maybe I'm just spit ballin' here!
Yeah I use Hydro Pump mainly for Forretress and Skarmory because I really hate them. This set has been working out pretty nicely, and I use Kingdra midgame so if he dies I don't really care. I'll try it out sometime though, it seems like a cool set too! Thanks :)

Also I managed to increase my hall of fame rank with a new account:

Pokemon Online Username: XxMuffinzxX
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Kingdra/Toxicroak
Current Ladder Standing: 1433

Proof:

Team:
Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Kingdra (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sniper
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 144 Atk / 176 SAtk / 188 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder
- Iron Head

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

As you can see, I changed some movesets around to make the team more offensive, and it's been working out quite well. I changed Latios to a scarfer and it really keeps all of the threats to my team in check. Jirachi's set is weird, I know, but I swear it works! Outspeeds and KOs all Gliscor and does massive damage to Ttar, Bulky waters and Skarmory as well. The surprise factor often lets me rip through teams more easily, making way for my sweepers. I changed up Croak as well to the standard SD set as it adds more punch, and the extra speed is a huge help as well, outspeeding adamant Dragonite, Mamoswine and some Gliscor.

The main threats to this team now are bulky grass types like Celebi and Ferro. I usually end up just wearing them down with my own Celebi (who I usually have to sac) and revenge with Croak for Ferro and Kingdra/Latios for Celebi.

I was hoping to get 1450 but I got haxed and dropped 30 points lol, so this will do for now. I'll probably go back to it again since this is such a fun team to play with and it's one of my better teams tbh lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)