Other The Play Style Play-Offs! [Round 3 Sign-Ups]

First Two Play Styles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry too much about counterteaming. We also have Hail > Balance for a reason. I'll go in detail when I announce the results of this week.

These are not very representative of real teams. The restrictions for the teams are so loose that this project is more about counterteaming than it is about teambuilding. For future playstyles, I think this would be better if we had more restrictions for the teams and also some anti-counterteaming restrictions. Right now, stall literally has no restrictions which is a license for them to build any team that they want. Also, I'd just remove Hail as a playstyle and replace it with balance and do a standard bracket format with the eight teams (rain having already been eliminated). Maybe to make things more interesting and to prevent counterteaming, have the four remaining playstyles besides hail (sun, balance, HO, and stall) build their teams all at once, then randomize the matchups between playstyles so that none of those playstyles can counterteam for any other specific playstyle.
Your meant to counter-team
Otherwise this project would be boring.

These are not very representative of real teams. The restrictions for the teams are so loose that this project is more about counterteaming than it is about teambuilding. For future playstyles, I think this would be better if we had more restrictions for the teams and also some anti-counterteaming restrictions. Right now, stall literally has no restrictions which is a license for them to build any team that they want. Also, I'd just remove Hail as a playstyle and replace it with balance and do a standard bracket format with the eight teams (rain having already been eliminated). Maybe to make things more interesting and to prevent counterteaming, have the four remaining playstyles besides hail (sun, balance, HO, and stall) build their teams all at once, then randomize the matchups between playstyles so that none of those playstyles can counterteam for any other specific playstyle.
That really sounds nice, and it is actually closer to the way the game works in the sense that you don't know which sort of team you will face before the match begins forcing you to prepare for most scenarios.

Also, just to clarify, we are not supposed to share matches until the round finishes (not even to team mates), right?

The server saved the Volt-Turn team the embarrassment of their losses being replayed over and over again by us. How many Pokemon did you two have left when you won?

The server saved the Volt-Turn team the embarrassment of their losses being replayed over and over again by us. How many Pokemon did you two have left when you won?
Dude. It's a fucking game. I don't care how you get off but don't be an asshole just because we CT'd better, it's essentially a coinflip.

Dude. It's a fucking game. I don't care how you get off but don't be an asshole just because we CT'd better, it's essentially a coinflip.
Sorry. I guess I'm taking the trash talking a little too far. No, wait! You can never do too much trash talking as long as you back it up. Anyway, I'll stop since people are apparently taking it personally.

RotomPoison vs Blizzardhail
SansNickel vs Level 56
Turducken64 vs Lolme
Zekrenzo vs red97
Rostam vs Kairyu_Gen1
Sunny. vs Shaymin :D
-Flygon- vs Cinco Diablo
f*ck christmas vs -Clone-
A Terrakion vs Wilken
Sergeant Spooky vs The Bravest Bird
Pagoose vs NotAGymLdr
gamer boy vs Air
Red Cat vs Mowtom
AGuyWithPants vs SnazzySwampert

5-1

8 battles left. If TR wins 3 more battles then we're calling it for the week and we all know why.

I can't wait until the actual playoffs part of this since Air will officially lose at his own game.

Also, for the same reason as before we will start taking signups the minute the results are posted for both teams.

also air is lazy so yeah

Because Hail (may seem) nearly irrelevant as a playstyle keep in mind 2 things:

1. RIP Deoxys
2. Stallrein

And for that reason I will be on Hail and Air will be on Hyper Offense. We also made 1 small change that will matter after next week when Air will go into detail on it. Also there will only be 13 spots each this week.

I usually like to go with the underdog, but having two Ice types on a team is horrible.

Hyper Offense

Because Hail (may seem) nearly irrelevant as a playstyle keep in mind 2 things:

1. RIP Deoxys
2. Stallrein
Walrein isn't going to be stalling very long with only 8 turns of hail maximum. Also, lol at Snow Warning Aurorus not being released. Looks like you're stuck with the Christmas tree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)