The pokemon ranger track of lights update

Pokemon ranger track of lights attacks updates

I thought this maybe needed a topic, as this can have some impact on the metagame.

Serebii:
Firstly, we have two attacks of the Deoxys obtained from the special Deoxys mission; Comet Punch for Attack Deoxys & Detect for Defense Deoxys. If you clear the mission with less than 5 minutes to spare, you will receive the Attack Deoxys
It has also confirmed several other missions including one where you obtain the Manaphy Egg, a special one where you have the capture a Sky Forme Shaymin and a Heatran mission. The Heatran mission will allow you to send Heatran over to HeartGold/SoulSilver with the Heatran knowing the special move; Eruption
The Deoxys & Manaphy missions are to run from March 6th to May 17th while the Heatran and Shaymin missions are to run from March 18th to May 17th.

Which means, in ou, and uber, Heatran, will get eruption. How do you think this will affect the metagame?

Update: over at ProjectPokemon they just extracted the wondercards for Heatran, Shaymin, and Deoxys from Ranger 3. I looked at the WC myself, and it appears that the Heatran is always Quiet.

Source: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5164-Event-Contribution-Collection&p=67568

I thought this maybe needed a topic, as this can have some impact on the metagame.

Serebii:
Firstly, we have two attacks of the Deoxys obtained from the special Deoxys mission; Comet Punch for Attack Deoxys & Detect for Defense Deoxys. If you clear the mission with less than 5 minutes to spare, you will receive the Attack Deoxys
It has also confirmed several other missions including one where you obtain the Manaphy Egg, a special one where you have the capture a Sky Forme Shaymin and a Heatran mission. The Heatran mission will allow you to send Heatran over to HeartGold/SoulSilver with the Heatran knowing the special move; Eruption
The Deoxys & Manaphy missions are to run from March 6th to May 17th while the Heatran and Shaymin missions are to run from March 18th to May 17th.

Which means, this: in ubers maybe a Detect Deoxys-D, and in ou, Heatran, with eruption. How do you think this will affect the metagame?
Defense Forme Deoxys already gets Protect. Detect adds nothing to the table.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure that this information deserves its own thread, but of course eruption on Heatran can only mean scarf-Heatran rising in usage.

In OU I can see how Scarf Tran will be on the rise. However this shouldn't affect the metagame too much provided that sun teams are not going to be rampant. More often than not, even with Eruption, much of the same counters will still keep Heatran under control, Particularly Suicune. Scarftran will certainly be on the rise due to this new move through.

While this is unrelated to the point, In ubers, Eruption Specstran packs a lot of power(ESPECIALLY if it has gotten a Flash Fire boost, as with the sun and the flash fire boost, Heatran can actually have a chance to OHKO Blissey if I recall in the damage calculations) and is certainly not to be underestimated. With the common sunshine provided by Groudon, Heatran's Eruption is comparable to Specs Kyorge's Water Spouts and with Flash Fire, its power would be more or at least equivalent to that.

Again, Not sure if the above is necessary but I think this is worth mentioning.

The only move of any significance is Eruption for Heatran. Scarftran will be, indeed, more popular then ever.

Interesting, Heatran getting Eruption is certainly a powerful option, but I think it will lend itself better in the Uber tier more than OU, as Heatran (Flash Fire) isn't seen quite as often there. Eruption can 2HKO every dragon (bar Kingdra and Latias) in OU, so Dragon Pulse will obviously be more useful than HP Ice.

Awesome! I always thought Heatran should have learned Eruption. It lives in and activates a volcano after all. Guess I'll be getting another Ranger game, if not for another Manaphy egg.

Well, Eruption does fit a pokemon such as Heatran. As others have stated, prepare for more Scarf-tran. Nothing entirely game-shaking, though.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is bad news!

ScarfTran was such a dominent threat in the earlier stages of D/P. As its popularity grew, the effect it once had on a match had been somewhat limited.

It has been a staple on one of my best teams since returning, helping me climb the ladder with relative ease. The way it has been for several weeks: the opponent is left wondering what set I was running, and they'd tend to find out the hard way. It has been such a great check to countless threats; literally holding the team together.

Now, I'm dissapointed. This new addition will elevate Choice Scarf Heatran's usage, and no longer will I be able to take advantage of a set that has been dorment for some time.

I sense a great disturbance in the aura...
Scarftran EVs/etc
Eruption/Dragon Pulse/Explosion/Earth Power
promises to be devastating. Heatran wil rise to block the rising Heat(ran).
Flareon and other Flash Fire users may make a rise, too.
Also, Water Types will also rise a lot, and Porygon2 may actually become OU.

Interesting, Heatran getting Eruption is certainly a powerful option, but I think it will lend itself better in the Uber tier more than OU, as Heatran (Flash Fire) isn't seen quite as often there. Eruption can 2HKO every dragon (bar Kingdra and Latias) in OU, so Dragon Pulse will obviously be more useful than HP Ice.
Dragonite also survives. Especially with the special defensive DD set.
Just saying.

Aside from fellow heatrans, and porygon-2 (and other tracers) what can take a full health specs eruption from a modest heatran?
With or without Flash Fire on?

Modest 252 Sp.Atk Choice Spec Heatran with Flash Fire active using Eruption

WishBliss: 54.3% - 64.1%
MixNite: 104% - 122.6%
Support Nite: 57.9% - 68.3%
Toxic Stall Flygon: 99.7% - 117.3%
BulkyDos: 81.4% - 95.9%
Rest-Talk Dos: 76.6% - 90.3%
Double Dance Kingdra: 46.7% - 55.1%
Support Latias: 65.9% - 77.7%
FatMence: 92.1% - 108.4%
CroCune: 66.1% - 78%
Curselax: 41.4% - 48.9%
Spinner Starmie:116.9% - 138%

More will come soon.

I just went on and did some damage calculations. This is assuming the same Heatran he said.

Specs Heatran vs WishBliss:36.2% - 42.9%
With a Flash Fire boost:54.3% - 64.1%
With FF + Sun:81.4% - 95.9%

Specs Heatran Vs Offensive Latias:53.3% - 62.6%
With a Flash Fire boost:79.8% - 94%
With Flash fire+Sun:119.2% - 140.7%

Specs Heatran Vs standard Mixpert:54.5% - 64.1%
With a Flash fire Boost:81.7% - 96%
With Flash Fire+Sun:122.3% - 144.1%(ouch)

Specs Heatran Vs Standard Vaporeon:46.9% - 55.4%
With a Flash Fire boost:70.3% - 82.8%
With Flash fire+Sunlight:105.1% - 123.9%

Judging by the damage calculations, Even pokemon that resist it are getting 2HKOed, Which is quite big if you ask me.

^That's what I was going to say. Eruption on Heatran sounds awesome and all, but you have to remember that it's dependent on it's HP stat. Once it switches into stealth rock more than one, Fire Blast may still be a better, more consistent option.

Is it maybe usefull as a lead, to just sweep on from the start, w/o sr damage? Probably a very noobish question.

^That's what I was going to say. Eruption on Heatran sounds awesome and all, but you have to remember that it's dependent on it's HP stat. Once it switches into stealth rock more than one, Fire Blast may still be a better, more consistent option.
How 'bout a lead set?

Eruption/HP-grass/Earthpower/Explosion @scarf. Or something

I think that with Heatran learning Eruption, we might have some new suspect material here. If even Blissey isn't able to survive 2 hits of a full HP Flash Fired Heatran, then what will stop it? Tracers and other Flash Fire Pokemon wil come up, sure, but that isn't enough to stop it if an experienced player bluffs the Scarf and sweeps your whole team

Full HP AND Flash Fire? Not going to happen. Might as well just Bellypass with Smeargle to Lucario if your opponent is that bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)