The Power of Big Birds, Kacaw Style!

Which is the Best BIRD?

• Total voters
One concern I have is Bulky SDSub Excadrill. It'll have no problem spinning as it can setup on Giratina's DTails forcing you to lock yourself into a confusion inducing Outrage while it continues to sub spam. It also has an annoying flying resist typing and can even tank Archeops EQ if it's healthy enough.

It's pretty niche and very underused but Sableye can also be a nuisance to the birds. Prankster Taunt will annoy Skarm and sleeping Tina while WoW will cripple everybody except Shaymin and Ho-Oh. (who risks a OHKO from Foul Play if you don't stop SR from going up)

Outside of those guys (who aren't very common) just random Scarfmons spamming Ice Beam like Genesect can be annoying if SR gets up.

Still lovin' the team *Luvdisc*

Yeah I have to agree Excadrill is really annoying by spinning away hazards and it can even setup Stealth Rock. I can use Roar over Outrage but Outrage is needed to hit them hard especially for killing Arceus.

As for Sableye, someone will probably get burned and die, but Shaymin-S can KO it with Leaf Storm or Seed Flare. If Stealth Rock is up, it is really annoying but Sableye isn't the most common thing around so I will just live with that weakness.

Scarf Genesect will probably KO someone especially with a Special Attack boost. I have to keep Ho-Oh healthy for that or use Shaymin-S to flinch it. Hazards have to be up to weaken Genesect for Honchkrow can kill it with Sucker Punch.

Thanks for the rate and luvdisc, really appreciate it.

Actually Specsogre runs no more than 4 speed evs meaning that both Ho-oH and Giratina-O out speed it. Scarfogre really doesn't hit so hard outside of stabs compared to specs and looses to Shaymin and Honchkrow as the loss in bulk is pretty noticable.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
You can input titles? Cewl

Just battled this team on PS, I liked battling against it.

I was very lucky with the team match-up as I was using a sandstorm team with Arceus-rock. I walked over it with just one calm mind up. Skymin did 33% to my Arceus-rock with seed flare after A-R got one calm mind up. It would 2HKO with specs.

But meh, this was probably because the guy I battled against couldn't predict anything.

First <3 anyway.

I am sorry ScoobyDoom, Tentacruel isn't a bird and Forretress is just a little bagworm = food for birds. Also, both of those spinners never hit hard, and they are easily abused by strong attackers such as Dialga. Thanks.

I like to hear about suggestions but I won't change the team now. Yeah most players use Speed Creep which is why I creep-ed up Ho-Oh and Giratina-O as well.

jrp

Banned deucer.
ur team is stealth rock weak so i recomend a spinner maybe tentacruel but i was also thinking forratress
only spinner that would fit the team is KACAW DELIBIRD

and trickroom has said multiple times on irc that he's not using it

But if that's the case, then a Timid nature would be superfluous. Skymin with a neutral nature and max investment has 353 Speed ; with the 1.5x boost from a Scarf it has 529 Speed. That's already more than enough to outspeed Deo-S, whose max Speed is 504 Speed. It's not like Timid Skymin could outspeed a scarfed Deo-s or something :P

I am sorry ScoobyDoom, Tentacruel isn't a bird and Forretress is just a little bagworm = food for birds. Also, both of those spinners never hit hard, and they are easily abused by strong attackers such as Dialga. Thanks.

I like to hear about suggestions but I won't change the team now. Yeah most players use Speed Creep which is why I creep-ed up Ho-Oh and Giratina-O as well.
giratina is not a bird either

But if that's the case, then a Timid nature would be superfluous. Skymin with a neutral nature and max investment has 353 Speed ; with the 1.5x boost from a Scarf it has 529 Speed. That's already more than enough to outspeed Deo-S, whose max Speed is 504 Speed. It's not like Timid Skymin could outspeed a scarfed Deo-s or something :P
allows skymin to outspeed scarfed darkrai, kingdra, excadrill, and jolly kabutops

Giratina is a bird brain, I wrote in the RMT, and I already put it is a trump card.
Also, Giratina will be a bird in the next life. It has wings, Levitates above the ground and is strong.

Tentacruel and Forretress? Weak, takes damage from Spikes, and no wings, feathers or anything.

Modest Scarf Shaymin is usable but you will lose out on +2 max Speed Adamant Rock Polish Groudon, Timid Scarf Darkrai, max Speed neutral/+ nature Kingdra, and the rest mentioned earlier. It also helps to beat out opposing Scarf Shaymin-S and the rare Modest Scarf Mewtwo.

forratress is a bird within its shell so it too is a bird so ye i say use forratress because u need a spinner and your team really neads a spinner since like over half of your team is weak to SR. JS

NO, Forretress is not a bird because
1) It can't fly
2) It takes damage from Spikes
3) It's slow
4) It doesn't hit hard
5) No feathers and can't learn flying moves
5) Stop arguing its a bird because it does not fit in this team

Every team has weaknesses and Stealth Rock weak can be stopped when predicted right. Also, who do you suggest to replace with Forry who doesn't even look like a bird inside, it is a blackhole. No more suggesting non-birds, not replacing anyone else but possibly Giratina-O who is mandatory. There are all birds, no more bagworms or jellyfish please.

jrp

Banned deucer.
forratress is a bird within its shell so it too is a bird so ye i say use forratress because u need a spinner and your team really neads a spinner since like over half of your team is weak to SR. JS

Bizarro think this argument is perfectly rational and sane

blitzlefan

shake it off!
First, ^^^^ I am convinced! XD
Wow! This is a really cool team! I Luvdisc'd and am very eager to test in on PO! :)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

This team is amazing and you should feel amazing. The only thing I could even think of to make this team better would be to maybe try U-turn on Archeops over Rock Slide to help with keeping momentum against things like Forretress, Ferro, and enemy Skarm as well as Groudon. Other that, I really have nothing lol.

Incredible team.

Wow that is a really buff bird you got there Fireburn :)

I tried U-turn on Archeops but sadly with Defeatist and SR out, he just can't abuse it well. Also, I tried to just hit everything hard once in, and sadly Archeops always misses its Head Smash :[ It can be suicidal sometimes trying to Head Smash a full health Ho-Oh lol.

I actually don't mind Forretress, Ferro and Skarm because Spikes does nothing to this team LOL :) Well Groudon is an issue but he will usually get up Stealth Rock when predicted right and Archeops doesn't live long enough to use it effectively.

That's a good rate Fireburn :) Thanks.

About adding Forretress, it's surprising most people agree that inside Forretress, it has a bird, well maybe its a male Forry or something but I just can't add it in because every bird is needed.

I have very little experience with ubers, but seriously this is awesome. Getting a team that effective that's so so original is p impressive. Major kudos to you for that.

One question I have--aside from straying from the theme of the team, would there competitively be any disadvantage in using something like deo-s > skarm? That custap set is p awesome, but since the team is so weak to SR it would be nice to have a lead that can stop stuff like SRrachi (saw that in one replay), which skymin can't beat. Just a thought--I'd hate to stray from the magnificent theme of the team.

Again, super impressive and luvdisc well-deserved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)