1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Prestigious Apprentice Cup! - Round 2

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by X-Trader, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodbar

Goodbar

Ok, I guess I'll be checking all the logs, so PM them to me.
  2. Kira

Kira

I did ask a few people on shoddy.... anyway maybe we dont have a scouter. Still, does he not speak english? Otherwise why the hell wouldn't he tell us who he was, or leave the 5 million times I asked him?
  3. sharkshocker

sharkshocker

Thanks for the compliment! Ah, I used a different team on this round, the one I used on our battle was something MoP helped me piece together, while this round's was a new team that I'm trying to get used to. My old one had more raw power I'd say, while the new one lets me practice on my strategy. I WAS considering which one to use, but I went with my newer team because I wanted to see how I can work on my team-building & strategy. Also, L was really good too :D
  4. AzNGooK

AzNGooK

Um, btw, when's the deadline? I couldn't get to Ike and Tina today and I'm leaving tommorow for spring break.
  5. X-Trader

X-Trader

Saturday
    Beat Castlevania 3-0
  6. Ouro

Ouro

Well AznGook and I were about to battle but Shoddy is lagging. Reconnecting is a 10 minute process...

edit: I'm really arrogant.
    Lost 1-0
  7. AzNGooK

AzNGooK

Won it 1-0. I'm still not happy with how I battled, maybe I should ask husk to extend his time with me.
  8. rojo23

rojo23

I won vs ambervoid gg.
    got the log saved.
  9. ambervoid

ambervoid

confirmed, gg :) props to originality ^_^
  10. X-Trader

X-Trader

Alright, PM logs to Goodbar!
  11. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Posting to say that me and Gmax will most likely get this done Sunday morning my time.
  12. Nuke144

Nuke144

See same thing happened to Ghandi after he beat me. He changed his team and lost too.
    I just hope not to draw you in the next round again if they are dropping losers from the winners bracket into the losers bracket. Couldn't face losing again.
  13. X-Trader

X-Trader

Oh also I want to point out, if you are eliminate from the Loser's bracket from now on, you are officially out of the tournament!
  14. Goodbar

Goodbar

I mean, neither Iron Maiden nor Rifle Man showed up in Sikh's or Rojo's battles
  15. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wait, am I to understand that now it's single elim with 2 brackets? Doesn't seem all that fair to people who won Rd 1 but lost Rd 2.... Why should they not be given two chances too?
  16. X-Trader

X-Trader

They will, I meant that anybody who lost in the Loser's Bracket is out for good
  17. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Exactly, I hate the idea of a losers bracket...basically gives all the first round people a chance to win the entire thing. Just let it go single elimination to the end so that there is a concrete winner.
  18. X-Trader

X-Trader

Loser's Bracket out!
  19. ToF

ToF

Also, deadline moved up to April 11th? Didn't I just post saying me and Gmax would do it Sunday morning due to time differences?
  20. X-Trader

X-Trader

I know, isn't that a Sunday?
  21. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

Sikh.

First you implement the Losers bracket, which IMO I didn't see the person who won the losers bracket winning the whole thing but rather being the best loser.

Then you remove it after some people have completly reworked a new team for it?

Also, stop changing the dates on everything, People can't be that flexible
  22. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

That's a Friday. Sunday is the 12th.
  23. X-Trader

X-Trader

I had some issues in real life I'm dealing with so now once I edit everything, that will be final! Sorry, I am having a really weird and rough week!

And first time directing a tourney :P
  24. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

So... are you keeping the losers' bracket, or not?
  25. X-Trader

X-Trader

It's up there isn't it? LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)