1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Prestigious Apprentice Cup! - Round 2

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by X-Trader, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Just so you know, I am online now, on shoddy, and awaiting for Gmax just as he asked me to. If he does not show up within this two hour span, I don't know when we will get a chance to battle.

Edit: It is now 12:24 PM EST and Gmax has still not shown up. I let him choose the time, and we both agreed to Sunday morning, and he hasn't kept his end of the deal up...

Edit2: Beat Gmax in a pretty intense game 2-0. You gave me quite a run, keep it up...good game.
  2. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

GG lol, it was a fun battle. Win this.
  3. Bologo

Bologo Have fun with birds and bees.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Awesome Twist of Fate! Heh, keep it up man.
  4. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Thanks man, will try and do.
  5. Train Man

Train Man

Backing Blissey_ODonell and Twist of Fate to win the whole thing, from seeing and battling you on Shoddy. Just out of curiousity, who were your tutors?

EDIT: Makes sense. Great tutors, great students :)

Need to battle more Smogoners on Shoddy, lol. I always only run into the same group of Gorm, Gouki, Jeb and Earthworm whom all proceed to kick my ass.
  6. Blissey_ODonnell

Blissey_ODonnell

Brawlex was mine.
  7. Brawley

Brawley
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Blissey_ODonell was my tutor.
    Twist of Fate was Husk's apprentice.
  8. ToF

ToF

I had husk, Bologo, and the lexx as my tutors.
  9. AzNGooK

AzNGooK

So is this going to be updated soon?
  10. Magnechu

Magnechu

LonelyNess beat me btw.
  11. X-Trader

X-Trader

This round is over, Puggy and Atticus is going to a coin flip
  12. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

I call heads ^_^
    Dotteh, camelman00 and Faint like this.
  13. Rhykune

Rhykune

When are you making the next thread?
  14. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

That's kinda gay, since he became active just before the deadline (and the fact that he comes on while I'm in bed makes it even worse). Oh well, tails!
  15. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Um, Puggy has clearly been active EVERYDAY.

How do you resort to a coin flip when someone has been clearly active much more than the other individual?
  16. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

i have to agree with aldaron here. i see puggy online everyday.
  17. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I agree here you need to do a little bit more research before giving out wins/losses.
  18. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

well let me be the first to disagree, yes i know its kinda obligatory but whatever, i have been trying to contact puggy for the past 5 days which in my opinion is enough plus we live in nearly opposite time zones so even if i was active how can you expect us to battle?
    Faint and camelman00 like this.
  19. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

OK, personally by postage rates on here it does look alot more like Puggy was trying to get the battle done, yes you live in near opposite timezones but you can still get the battle done, 8pm and 8am don't seem like too bad an online time to me.

Personally I think Sikh hasn't really run this tournament very well, he has constantly changed times, he hasn't paid attention too activeness.

Also I don't see why he couldn't have posted the next round earlier and have the bracket as follows

(Puggy Vs. Atticus) Vs. ?

Would've sped the whole tourny up quite considerably
  20. Kira

Kira

Yeah... not to mention the fact that now nobody will take the deadlines seriously

(April 12th! No exceptions!)

Sorry Sikh, but this tourney needs to shape up. Otherwise people will just stop bothering with it.
  21. ToF

ToF

This is getting ridiculous...round has supposedly been over for a few days, and no new round has been posted. Sikh you need to get on top of things, DQ who needs to be DQ'd, and move on...
  22. X-Trader

X-Trader

Ok, OK! People some things are more important, and in this case, my future! Plus this is my first time.... I will do what Ghandi says!

(I really suck at this, don't reply)

((I've learned from my many many mistakes :P))
  23. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Well despite the fact that I had to send all the intial pms....

He does have a point though. He comes on when I'm in bed (5 in the morning) which makes it nearly impossible for me to get in contact with him on shoddy. There really is nothing much I can do concerning the times.

And I agree, it is getting a bit ridiculous.
  24. X-Trader

X-Trader

Puggy won the coin flip....
  25. Atticus

Atticus Atticus

for some reason I don't believe it but its the loser division anyways =P
    good luck puggy
    camelman00 and Faint like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)