Other The Princess Guard, Battle Spot Edition

As the title says, this is the Battle Spot version of my previous RMT "The Princess Guard" (found here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-princess-guard-my-second-rmt.3518503/). The reason for making my previous team a Battle Spot team is simple: Mega Gardevoir just isn't as effective in VGC without its signature competitive move Hyper Voice. As such, I went and remade the team specifically for Battle Spot and as such it follows Battle Spot rules, not Smogon's Doubles' rules. Anyway, on to the team.

Team Preview

In-depth Look

--->

@ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 60 SpA / 20 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Psychic
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Hyper Voice

My mega of choice and one of the heavy hitters of the team. Gardevoir just has that niche that makes her deadly in doubles, and that niche is a Pixilated STAB Hyper Voice. Bypassing Subs and dealing heavy damage to both opposing Pokemon is a blessing for Mega Gardevoir, especially when coming from a 165 base Special Attack. I went with a more bulky spread as I felt that it was best considering all the priority users in the meta game. This is also the reason why I chose Will-O-Wisp for the third move slot as Mega Gardevoir can outspeed a great deal of the metagame after a Tailwind. Psychic finishes off the set as a second STAB since most Pokemon are EVed to take physical attacks making Psyshock a lesser option.

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
Air Slash/Dazzling Gleam
Tailwind
Follow Me
Helping Hand

One of the supporters of my team, Togekiss is an amazing Pokemon that really fits the role. With incredible bulk, typing, and access to Tailwind, Follow Me, and Helping Hand, who wouldn't love having this Pokemon? I picked Air Slash over Dazzling Gleam for the added flinch chance against slower Pokemon, though I may change it to the latter. The EVs are spent to give it as much physical bulk as possible to allow it to survive Steel attacks while giving it some special bulk.

@ Haban Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 116 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Rock Slide
Protect
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor

Salamence may face heavy competition from Landerus-T and other Intimidate users, but he still gets the job done and he hits incredibly hard. I went with a Haban Berry set to allow Salamence to deal with opposing dragons like Garchomp as well as giving him some bulk. The spread was copied from Jeudy's team (located here http://imoutoisland.blogspot.com/) to insure that he survives Garchomp and strikes back hard. Rock Slide is used instead of Rock Tomb due to dealing slightly more damage as well as the flinch chance and the fact my team already has plenty of speed control.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 20 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
Crunch
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Rock Slide

I needed a weather controller to deal with rain from Politoed and sun from Mega Charizard Y, and who better than Tyranitar? With Sandstorm raging the field I can prevent my opponent's team from setting up their own weather while also striking back hard. The spread gives Tyranitar a lot of speed and power while offering a little bulk. I went with a Choice Scarf set to allow Tyranitar to outspeed a lot of threats, and with Tailwind there is little that can outspeed it.

@ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
Heat Wave
Protect
Earth Power
Flash Cannon

I needed synergy with Mega Gardevoir as well as a way to deal with Steel types who threatened it. Heatran fits that role perfectly. With Heat Wave hitting both targets and Flash Cannon to scare away Faries (especially Mega Mawile) Mega Gardevoir is free to wreck havoc on my opponent's team as well as offer Will-O-Wisp support. Earth Power adds additionally coverage against opposing Heatran who could threaten Mega Gardevoir. The spread gives Heatran maximum power while offering a little bulk to take hits which, combined with Shuca Berry, prevents it from being one shot by Earthquake.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 196 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
Snarl
Protect
Scald
Tailwind

Suicune is amazing. With incredible bulk and access to both Snarl and Scald, it works tremendously well as a supporter for the team. The addition of Tailwind to its set is also a plus as I don't have to rely solely on Togekiss for speed control. Snarl is used to give my team extra defense against special attackers like Hydregion, opposing Mega Gardevoir, and Sylveon. Scald provides a reliable STAB as well as more burn support for my team thanks to its high burn chance. The spread, like Togekiss, is spent to give Suicune a lot of physical bulk while giving it some special bulk as well.

Conclusion
Well that's my team. Please rate and comment on how this can be improved as I'm still new to Battle Spot's metagame. Thanks. :D

Import

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 60 SpA / 20 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice

Togekiss (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand

Salamence (M) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 116 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Tyranitar (M)
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 20 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 196 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Snarl
- Protect
- Scald
- Tailwind

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)